Bye bye Mickey Mouse

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Bye bye Mickey Mouse

Post by newcastle »

According to the foreign and local Egyptian media outlets, the govenor of Qalyubia decreed that images of Mickey Mouse and accompanying cartoon characters are to be replaced by military heroes on the walls of pre-schools.

"We need to replace pictures of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck with images of famous Egyptians and military martyrs, so that children will look up to them as role models. These characters are US-made, whereas we have our own noble figures,” said Govenror Alaa Abdul-Halim Mohammed Marzouk to Youm7.

”These [Egyptian] models can deepen children’s patriotism and love of country,” he added.

https://egyptianstreets.com/2018/09/28/ ... ergartens/

You couldn't make it up :lol:

I would have thought Mickey Mouse was an accurate representation of some aspects of the regime.....although perhaps he doesn't convey the degree of gravitas as a character with whom they now wish indoctrinate the young.

I wonder how far into the past they'll be digging for suitable martyrs. :tk

I fear the days of Oota Faar (Tom & Jerry) are numbered - which will come as a great disappointment to my grandson. Or perhaps Tom will be armed with a Kalashnikov rather than a mallet as he pursues a balaclava- wearing insurgent Jerry around the house.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Bye bye Mickey Mouse

Post by Major Thom »

What other than stupidity can you expect from a 3rd World Country. Utter control and shear uneducated featuring.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Shear uneducated featuring????????????????????????
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Uneducated? *sheer* possibly? Baaaaa!
Carpe diem! :le:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote:What other than stupidity can you expect from a 3rd World Country.
Something completely different from what you can expect in an industrial country, of course. Not knowing what to expect sometimes makes you more open to what is there.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:tk Same same then.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Featuring in the outlet giving out the information. Like the Scottish guy says, "He does not know what he is on about Dis ney"
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

AH! All becomes clear now...as mud.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

What military heroes in the last 70 years. I can think of a few prior to 1952 but none after. In fact i can think of a few civilian heroes prior to 1952 - Taha Hussein, Talaat Harb and Saad Zaghul - but none after - except heroes of incompetence and pillage.

It could be a small set of wall paintings with heroes the identity of whom is unclear and whose heroic stories are only vouched for by al Ahram. Egypt is the only country I know of which has no published official history of its wars. Others know that by getting to the truth of the past future military performance will be improved, failure identified and success documented.

One thing about the Egyptian Army. They only have 2 gears in military and civilian life - neutral or overdrive forward whatever the threat. A measured, indirect, strategic or circling approach seems foreign to them - its full frontal with all you have. On the battlefield its always had the same result - unmitigated defeat and humiliation. Impulse with unclear objectives always beats planning and calculation and is so much more manly - for Egyptians. Other armies they have fought 'with' in Iraq 1 are less polite.