Egypt to impose LE 10,000 fine on those harassing tourists

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Egypt to impose LE 10,000 fine on those harassing touris

Post by Dusak »

Adamantium wrote:HASSLE...In Luxor it deserves to be in caps. There was the time this being 2010 I simply wished to see the new west bank Corniche. I was met on the Ferry by a young man asking if I wanted a taxi. He was giving me the hard sell. He was very angry when I told him this is where I wished to be.

They are a loaded gun and we are their targets. They don't give up until the ammunition is spent or if we fire off more rounds than they do and shoot them down.

They are probably trained the moment they utter their first words.

"Hello Baksheesh."

When I read of this having googled 'Luxor HASSLE' I was chuffed. We have something to fire back at them. This is our ammunition.
We step back into the days when some Egyptians were weary about hassling or walking with tourists.

As Luxor is one big open air museum I can see how that law covers all areas. This is where our mobile phones can come in handy. I was once hassled by someone with a motorbike. Thinking on my feet I got my phone and took a snap of his plate as can be done with taxis and caleche. He quickly backed off when he realised I could make trouble for him.
Implementing this new law will be like attempting to eat a hard boiled egg without cracking the shell.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.