Sudan’s Bashir Backs Sisi.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

(Newcastle I trust this one is factually correct - but please correct me if I'm wrong)

Likes attract things alike. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-egyp ... SKBN1GV1Z1

Bashir, President of Sudan for 1,000 years visited Cairo yesterday and is wanted by the International Criminal Court for Crimes Against Humanity and International War Crimes. https://www.icc-cpi.int/darfur/albashir

Little....almost nothing was announced so I assume the visit was part of the image propaganda for the election. One thing about Egypt's Louis Farouk chairs and other furniture - it looks cheap, incorrectly designed, cheap fabrics but showy. Almost as vulgar as Trump's apartment that drips with gold leaf. The small table looks grotesque and clunky. Bad taste. Somehow it makes sense. Sitting in a bad reproduction of an 18th century French chair connected to a former dominant imperial power that invaded then built and owned a canal on terms it determined. There is nothing Egyptian in this style except forgetfulness, particularly forgetfulness of the design of Egyptian furniture then and now.

Warrants were issued against Bashir a long time ago and when he visited South Africa without being arrested there was international criticism that they did not arrest him. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/worl ... ashir.html

That crook Zuma (facing over 800 corruption/fraud/misuse of power charges) then President of South Africa was a mate of his.

Bashir travels to the toilets, 7 times to Egypt, because he feels safe there. He stays away from any civilized country where he might be arrested https://qz.com/630571/sudans-president- ... ar-crimes/

The wretched Africa Union has passed a resolution saying they would not enforce the warrants. This tells you all you need to know about its integrity. It also tells you they have hopeless staff because if any members have signed the international treaty that established the court they are bound to act on its instructions. Maybe the disunited Union is telling its members to break international law. Isn't that incitement/conspiracy ?In Egypt's case it didn't sign but like many third world countries barks loudly about the US not signing.

At one stage Bashir gave refuge to Osama bin Laden in Khartoum and Bill Clinton bombed his house/bomb factory in Khartoum.

In June of last year the Egyptian Permanent Representative to the UN wanted the Security Council to ‘suspend’ (whatever that means) the arrest warrants. http://www.africanews.com/2017/06/10/et ... -warrant// so they wanted him free to visit civilized places?

When such countries want the protection of the west and its law in order to keep their stolen assets safe in London they are fine but when a man is called to defend himself before an independent court they won’t even allow a trial in public.

To such countries we must fulfill global warming treaties to the letter, let African exports into our markets and observe all other international laws and treaties and give them billions which are hijacked but for their part they will only comply with rules/law if its convenient. When we give our money and armies it seems to be on the basis that there should be no conditions.

The usual African arguments are used to reject the Tribunal – racism, colonialism, white arrogance, western control, indigenous dignity and pride, white man’s tribunal, evil capitalism, lack of evidence and Jews, witnesses have ‘disappeared’. It’s the same old rant.

African countries demand respect but don’t give it or deserve it yet to protect its interests Egypt looks to western courts/arbitration tribunals/international agreements - but its one way traffic.

How al Azhar can’t denounce his monstrous crimes I don’t know. I’ve been in his benighted country and seen men in the markets with their left hand cut off for theft.

The allegations against hum are 300,000 killed and 3 million displaced. No one in Africa seems concerned about them.

Usually people avoid Bashir – but not all. The US is secretly trying to build a bridge with him and Turkey (Egypt’s enemy) has gone much further.

At the end of the day relations between Egypt and Sudan are at a low point for a number of reasons (including that Egypt is funding and arming Sudanese insurgents whom Bashir is at war with) particularly the dam where Sudan has been offered deal by Ethiopia and in any event faces much less of a water threat than water wasteful Egypt. Egypt has very little to offer to meet the Ethiopian deal. The not very useful Egyptian Foreign Minister has been taken off the Sudan issue and replaced by Sisi’s closest confidant, former head of his office and now head of the Security Service.

The thinking on this matter of these ‘big Muslims’ is hard to understand. But here is a revealing private anecdote. This happened a while ago in an interview. “Sisi was asked who his role model was. "Which is the personality that impacted on you as a top military role model whether in the world or inside Egypt?" Sisi hesitated, but Abbas (his office manager/confidant/spokesperson) replied for him: "Hitler."
http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/si ... -242208598

Sisi did not correct Abbas.

Reminds one that during WW2 one of the reasons the Egyptian Army was kept in its barracks was its Nazi sympathies. Sadat was a Nazi spy/paid informant. They particularly liked the Nazi Anti-Semitism and the strong authoritarian leadership.