The Egyptian way of life?

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

The Egyptian way of life?

Post by DJKeefy »

What is life like in Egypt at the moment, is it really that bad for the Egyptians? I talk most days to many Egyptians from all walks of life and they all say it is really bad and lots of Egyptians are suffering.
On one facebook site they post daily videos of thieves (few examples from April below), before I left Egypt it was clear to see that things were getting bad, but now from what I have heard, read and seen, it's getting worse.

Not the Egypt I remember many years ago :(

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: The Egyptian way of life?

Post by Horus »

I suppose this happens everywhere, but it is sad to see it seemingly on the increase in Egypt. :(
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Well all the ones I talk to say life is sh*t since the rev, but they have been saying that for over 20 years.
Even when they were ripping the ar*e out of us tourists..'sod em democracy you've got it...
Iv'e never seen so many new car's and everybody has a motor bike, I mean I had to steal my first one.
Moan ruddy moan, their all right don't believe all this b*ll*cks, if you can buy our onions theres no problem.... 8)
"Stop knocking Egypt!" and worry more about the UK.
Ps: "Wanna buy any artefacts ? 'cheap as onions we've got sh*tloads just lying about everywhere"
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Sorry who2,
maybe your the wrong person to speak on behalf of the Egyptian people, since in your eyes CRIME pays, maybe thats why you are a rich OAP now!! Image

Knocking Egypt?, I was asking a question, is it as bad as the Egyptians are making out, the videos I see are uploaded by Egyptians in Egypt, the posts I read are posted by Egyptians in Egypt and the people I speak to are Egyptian in Egypt, so the Egyptians are Knocking their own Country.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I do not think that there has been a big increase in such crimes as highlighted, even with today's slumping economy, there are still far more honest people about than the chancres seen above. It wasn't that long ago you were hearing of many expats that had been robbed at their own front doors, or while they were out, or even asleep in bed, but its been a long time since I heard of any. Hardship does create these 'only option to eat' decisions, but not to plague proportions. But having said that, there has been a marked increase in overcharging in shops, no matter what nationality the customer is. This is theft by stealth, so perhaps it is on the increase.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.