Aswan development

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Aswan development

Post by newcastle »

Interesting. I must get down there before the bulldozers arrive :urm:

Official Maket Design for New Aswan City

Following President Abdel Fattah Sisi’s visit to Aswan, attention to the Southern city is on the rise, through the investments and hopes for a tourism boom.

Minister of Housing and Urban Utilities Mostafa Madbouly has assigned the New Urban Communities Authority (NUCA) to start on the first phase of developing a tourism strip in New Aswan City.

“The tourist strip in New Aswan has a brilliant location, directly on the Nile,” Madbouly said in an official statement.

The first phase will include a three feddans hotel encompassing, 75 villas on an area of 14.5 feddans, a nile garden on 11.8 feddans, a 30-shops mall on 10 feddans with a cinema complex and a playground, and a two feddans promenade with shops and cafes.

The lands of New Aswan vary between real estate investments, a medical complex implemented by Sir Magdy Yacoub, Nubian tourism villages, apartments and trade.

Investments in the city came pouring in at the time of the president’s visit. Sisi had passed by Aswan for the second state-sponsored National Youth Conference, and called on making the city a “cultural and economic hub” for Africa.

The president has decided to establish a Higher Authority for the Development of Upper Egypt, with investments of up to EGP 5 billion, to enhance public services, create employment opportunities, maintain Nubian monuments and, generally, improve living conditions in Upper Egypt.

The Social Development Fund signed three agreements, one with the Aswan Businessmen Union worth EGP 2.37 million to fund micro projects, an agreement worth EGP 1.48 million with Al-Araby Center for Services and Development for the project “My Art is the Future” from which 250 people will benefit and 200 job openings will be provided, and a final EGP 1.5 million agreement with Omm Shelbaya Foundation to train 70 youth for employment and provide 50 job posts.

https://egyptianstreets.com/2017/03/14/ ... stination/

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Aswan development

Post by hatusu »

"Following President Abdel Fattah Sisi’s visit to Aswan, attention to the Southern city is on the rise, through the investments and hopes for a tourism boom."

Well he obviously flew in and didnt travel by road. The road between Luxor and Aswan in my personal experience is the worst road Ive travelled in Egypt between major cities. the journey takes twice as long as it should do. Apart from the potholes and home made chicanes, its the filthiest rubbish strewn road Ive travelled as well, and thats saying something for Egypt.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Current projects totalling less that 6 million EGP? Peanuts. Still....acorns to oak trees and all that.

Heaven knows - Upper Egypt has been crying out for attention for long enough.

As Hatusa says, they'll have to look at "access" if they're serious....and airport developments are expensive.

We've grown to be cynical about these kind of announcements and "big ideas" where Egypt is concerned....with good reason....but good luck to them :)
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

hatusu wrote:Well he obviously flew in and didnt travel by road. The road between Luxor and Aswan in my personal experience is the worst road Ive travelled in Egypt between major cities. the journey takes twice as long as it should do. Apart from the potholes and home made chicanes, its the filthiest rubbish strewn road Ive travelled as well, and thats saying something for Egypt.
That is why I use the desert road. With the right driver and correct paperwork the trip takes around 2 hours on a smooth, modern road.

But the riverside roads, on either side of the Nile, are in dire need of improvement.