No clock change

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

No clock change

Post by newcastle »

I'm hearing....after much shilly-shallying....that the switch to daylight saving (ahem!) has now been abandoned.

At least for 2016.

You couldn't make it up...... :urm:

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: No clock change

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I was about to post the same but got distracted ... but this is today's news. We are talking Egypt time here so it could still change. ;)

Cabinet cancels daylight saving time following parliament vote

Mon, 04/07/2016 - 13:24

Al-Masry Al-Youm
The Cabinet has announced that daylight saving time will not be applied this year, despite plans to start daylight saving on July 7.

The Cabinet said in a statement the decision was made during its Monday meeting in accordance with the parliament's request to amend Law 24 for the year 2016, canceling the daylight saving system.

In April 2016, the Cabinet issued a resolution to apply daylight saving from July 7 to the end of October. However, last week, parliament voted by a majority to revoke the Cabinet's decision.

The Cabinet expressed reservations about parliament's decision, saying it would submit a memorandum that shows the financial losses such a decision would cause.

President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi issued a presidential decree in April 2015 canceling the daylight saving system, based on a poll among citizens conducted by the Information and Decision Support Center (IDSC), which acts as the Cabinet's think tank.

Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm

https://www.facebook.com/
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

:a4: I am very impressed! Three days notice! :a53:
HEPZIBAH wrote: We are talking Egypt time here so it could still change. ;)
- or stand still.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

That's cool, I alway's get confused anyway so gardeners question time is only at 3.pm ?..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

:a44: I couldn't resist checking what time Egyptair leaves next week. They have the correct departure and arrival times, so it may not be the usual circus, but it is said that Cairo-Copenhagen takes two hours longer than Copenhagen-Cairo.
:a11:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

BENNU wrote::a44: I couldn't resist checking what time Egyptair leaves next week. They have the correct departure and arrival times, so it may not be the usual circus, but it is said that Cairo-Copenhagen takes two hours longer than Copenhagen-Cairo.
:a11:
Bennu, I saw an Egyptair post on Facebook regarding the time changes. It was in Arabic and I only had a quick glance at the translation but it was do with the clocks changing (or not) and ticket times, so it may be worth checking and double checking again - making sure you have everything in writing. :roll:
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I just checked for fun, I left a week ago. :a44:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I just can't keep up with you jet setters!
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

All these ''they are changing, they aren't changing'' confusing time altering statements shouldn't affect most flight times, as most ''we are coming to Luxor, we aren't coming to Luxor'' are changed just as frequently. You just have to work it all out. :urm:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

نظراً لإلغاء العمل بالتوقيت الصيفي الذي كان مقرر تطبيقه اعتبارا من فجر يوم الجمعة 8 يوليو ، تهيب مصرللطيران بالسادة عملائها الكرام ضرورة مراجعة مواعيد إقلاع رحلاتهم المدونة علي تذاكر السفر عن طريق الموقع الإلكتروني egyptair.com أو مركز الخدمة التليفونية 1717 من أي محمول أو 090070000 من أي تليفون أرضي أو وكلاء السياحة والسفر.
وكذلك ضرورة التواجد بالمطار قبل مواعيد إقلاع الرحلات الدولية ب 4 ساعات علي الأقل وساعتين للرحلات الداخلية.

Due to the cancellation of the daylight saving timing in Egypt planned to be applied starting from July 8th, EGYPTAIR urges its customers to check their bookings with the contact center in Egypt through calling 090070000 from any landline, 1717 from any mobile, through www.egyptair.com or EGYPTAIR travel agents.

Moreover, Customers are kindly requested to be present at the airport 4 hours prior to the timing of the international flights and 2 hours at least prior to the timing of the domestic flights.