Sisi: Internal plots to destroy Egypt worry me more...

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Sisi: Internal plots to destroy Egypt worry me more...

Post by DJKeefy »

Sisi: Internal plots to destroy Egypt worry me more than external threats.

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi said he “doesn’t worry about attempts from the outside to destroy Egypt,” but instead is concerned about attempts from inside the country, in public comments on Friday.

“There’s a hellish scheme [from within] that some may not pay attention to,” El-Sisi said while opening the El-Galala Mountain touristic site on the Red Sea.

"The cracks that have appeared in [Egyptian] society must be fixed," he said, according to MENA agency.

He directed his address to the young people who will take part in the government's newly launched Youth Leadership Programme, several of whom were in the audience.

El-Sisi said that in the coming period, more national projects would be carried out.

The country has been facing a number of domestic critics of its recent policies, including a recent decision by the government to recognise a Saudi Arabian claim to two Red Sea islands, Tiran and Sanafir. On Friday protests took place in several cities against the decision, while a public campaign opposed to the deal has been launched by a number of politicians.

In a televised speech on Wednesday, El-Sisi had also said that “evil” people in Egypt had spread lies about the murder of Italian student Giulio Regeni in Cairo. The lies, which the president did not detail, have been believed internationally and caused embarrassment and criticism of Egypt, he said.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/199646.aspx

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Sisi: Internal plots to destroy Egypt worry me more...

Post by newcastle »

Internal plots subverting the state. Now where have I heard that one before? Usually as a prelude to taking full autocratic control.

MISTER Sisi seems to think he can demand, and receive, the same blind obedience from the people as GENERAL Sisi would have demanded and received, quite rightly, from his soldiers.

Democracy doesn't work that way.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

This is a likely cause for all these security things and visa checks going on. It may also be a reason not to want foreigners living in Egypt. Things are maybe starting to unravel a bit. He may be right I don't know, but I think it would be wrong to think Europeans are plotting things because that is not the nature of European attitudes. Most of us could not care a damn what politicians do.We are more interested in enjoying ourselves and looking forward to our next adventure.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

You've got foreigners / tourists on the brain.

I guess Sisi is aware that tourism is down....consequence of revolution etc.

As for those foreigners living here full time, I suspect he knows little and cares less.

He has bigger fish to fry and his recent remarks are all to do with his fellow Egyptians.