Egypt outlines new security measures

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Egypt outlines new security measures

Post by Dusak »

If I didn't need a mobile phone here I would ditch it. The amount of times that I get woke up at all times of the night with the phone constantly ringing on a 5555 or a 7777 number is getting ridiculous. Also I'm getting fed up with text messages from Vodafone for all kinds of firms offering me this that or the other. Yes, I could switch my phone off, but that sort of defeats the object of having one. My computer is also constantly being bombarded with advertising from Etisalat. One time I went into Vodafone to complain about this matter only to be told that I could have them blocked at a cost of 5Le each per month. So this would cost me 30Le for the main offenders, more profits for them. I declined to do this.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I have the same "D" my mobile is switched off all the time and I only switch it on when I need to make a call, I am on the Mobinil network, they are the same. I had 13 advertising txt's in Arabic on Christmas Day.

Then some idiotic moron who has no work and stays up all night and sleeps during the day, likes to call you at 2am during the night.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I never get any bothering calls other than a daily advertising call from the phone company itself that I block. And I have had the same number for at least 8 years if not 10. You need to be a bit more discriminating in who you give your number to if you are getting harassing calls at 2 am.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

I always turn my phone off at night to prevent the random dialers having fun on my number.
Generally I never answer unrecognised numbers.

Just seems sensible to me but I guess some feel the need to always answer their phone immediately it rings in case it is someone important inviting them to meet dignitaries ;)

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

God one BB Lux, like the style :lol: