Animal cruelty in Egypt

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Animal cruelty in Egypt

Post by jewel »

One of the reasons that I couldn't live in Egypt. I witnessed a lot of cruelty/ indifference to ani als. Why are these men not prosecuted?
The way dogs, and many animals are treated is shocking. When this kind of thing is commonplace there is no hope for the rest of the society. :(

http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/02/25/d ... etal-pole/

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Animal cruelty in Egypt

Post by Dusak »

:tk I have often wondered why a lot of expats living here seem to show more levels of humanity towards animals than they do towards the Egyptian people.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Because it seems to be a socially acceptable way among certain expat crowds to express their general hatred of Egyptians and/or Muslims. It's wrong if a PERSON abuses an animal, but that reflects on nothing more than the abuser, not society. But these rabid lynch mobs of animal "lovers" always blame it on society as a whole and use it as an excuse to hide behind to express their general prejudices. As if animal cruelty and similar acts don't occur in their own countries. Shame on the man who hurt the dog but equal shame on the idiots who blame innocents for it. Many of these types are militant vegan types who if they were honest, should hate most of the world's population for eating meat so why single out Egyptians?
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Dusak wrote::tk I have often wondered why a lot of expats living here seem to show more levels of humanity towards animals than they do towards the Egyptian people.
No animal here has tried to steal from me, diddle me or hurt me. The only time an animsl has hurt me is when it has died and broken my heart. Csnt say the same for humans in any country, not just egypt.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

A human is an animal too!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

On the BBC news yesterday it stated that three Egyptian men had been jailed for the grizzly death of a dog. They had apparently posted their callousness on the internet that lead to their arrests. This proves two things, one, they are utterly stupid by carrying out this act, two, double utterly stupid for posting it on the internet thinking that no one would recognize them.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

The dog had attacked several people previously. This was a typical revenge case, although the victim was a dog, now turned into a political case. At this point it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.
Luxor Pharoahs

Post by Luxor Pharoahs »

When it comes to people or animals, my thoughts are these - Many animals have to rely on humans for welfare and food, these are things an animal cannot sort out for itself. When it comes to humans they should be able to sort themselves out in a proper and civil manner, if they can't then they mainly loose the respect of others. I don't believe in being a faith/religious basher, because these things are private to the person. I do however believe in justice for those that do wrong and their actions are against the law.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Luxor Pharoahs wrote:When it comes to people or animals, my thoughts are these - Many animals have to rely on humans for welfare and food, these are things an animal cannot sort out for itself. When it comes to humans they should be able to sort themselves out in a proper and civil manner, if they can't then they mainly loose the respect of others. I don't believe in being a faith/religious basher, because these things are private to the person. I do however believe in justice for those that do wrong and their actions are against the law.
But if this was not so, would you use a length of 2''x4''? :lol:
Luxor Pharoahs

Post by Luxor Pharoahs »

Sometimes "D" you find yourself out on a limb when it comes to the law dealing with things you are dealing with an uphill struggle, therefore you have to deal with things yourself in a similar way the local people do. I have been at the end of local punishment or lack of it, but took it like a man, and never looked back.