Egypt is the 9th most dangerous country in the world

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egypt is the 9th most dangerous country in the world

Post by DJKeefy »

Muslim countries top on world dangerous country ranking issued by a US think tank including Egypt , US based private firm issued Country Threat Index (CTI) classification.

The think tank Intel Center, which gathers data for US intelligence agencies, declared Egypt 9th most dangerous country of the world in a list CTI, stating most dangerous countries in the world.

The list has been prepared keeping in mind terrorist activities and numbers of causalities in the activities around countries in the world, according to sources today. Iraq is on top of the list, followed by Nigeria on second, Somalia on third.

It is interesting to note that the countries on the list all are the Muslim countries. War torn hit Afghanistan on fourth, Yemen fifth, Syria, Libya on sixth and seven. Pakistan declared on 8th number on the list and Egypt and Kenya on 9th and 10th position.

The US think tank has ranked the countries on basis of points which were counted with the reference of terrorist and rebel alerts, messaging traffic, videos, photos, incidents and the number killed and injured. The ranking is generated from events happened in last 30 days.

Source: http://www.egyptindependent.com//news/e ... ntry-world

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Egypt is the 9th most dangerous country in the world

Post by newcastle »

Intel Center.....worth a quick look at their website and the interesting products they promote.

The pack of playing cards with faces of prominent Jihadis would make an unusual Christmas gift :lol:
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

They can't have done that much research if they are classing Kenya as a muslim country - 82% Christian and 11% muslim. With figures like that then the UK would be classed as half muslim (5%).
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Its an American thing, they make it up as they go along, especially when they are asking for a 1.1 trillion budget in those 30 days.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

1. London's most dangerous area: Westminster
This borough has the highest crime rate not only in London but in the entire nation with 1,580 crimes reported per km2 in a year. Having said that, this borough is a major tourist and commuter area for London and so there will be many more people present in the borough than most. So in that case, more people per km2 makes it inevitable that it will have the highest crime per km2 too. Stay on guard when visiting and don't make yourself one of those people! Some areas in Westminster with particularly high crime are: St James's, Marlybone High Street, Bryanston and Dorset Square and Hyde Park.
2. Islington
Not far behind Westminster is the slightly north of Central, borough of Islington with 1,490 crimes reported each year per kilometre squared of land. Not known for tourism this is unfortunately a borough that struggles with crime. Some of its most notable crime hot spots are Bunhill, Finsbury Park, Caledonian, Barnsbury and Highbury West.

Not bad No2 in the hit-list….. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Who2 wrote:1. London's most dangerous area: Westminster
This borough has the highest crime rate not only in London but in the entire nation with 1,580 crimes reported per km2 in a year. Having said that, this borough is a major tourist and commuter area for London and so there will be many more people present in the borough than most. So in that case, more people per km2 makes it inevitable that it will have the highest crime per km2 too. Stay on guard when visiting and don't make yourself one of those people! Some areas in Westminster with particularly high crime are: St James's, Marlybone High Street, Bryanston and Dorset Square and Hyde Park.
2. Islington
Not far behind Westminster is the slightly north of Central, borough of Islington with 1,490 crimes reported each year per kilometre squared of land. Not known for tourism this is unfortunately a borough that struggles with crime. Some of its most notable crime hot spots are Bunhill, Finsbury Park, Caledonian, Barnsbury and Highbury West.

Not bad No2 in the hit-list….. :cool:
The fact that there is on occasion a high concentration of MP's in that area probably contributes to the crime figure.
Stevepj

Post by Stevepj »

Dusak wrote:Its an American thing, they make it up as they go along, especially when they are asking for a 1.1 trillion budget in those 30 days.
With 5000+ people dyeing at the hands of violent jihadis last month (many in the countries mentioned in the report) they really don't have to make it up as they go along do they Dusak.

Jonesy.
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

I wonder what colour they are being dyed :)
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Stevepj wrote:
With 5000+ people dyeing at the hands of violent jihadis last month (many in the countries mentioned in the report) they really don't have to make it up as they go along do they Dusak.

Jonesy.
Add to that the fact that as LP mentioned, most crimes in Egypt don't get reported and therefore aren't making it into official statistics.

But I know I am to blame for Dusak's remarks. He thinks he is succeeding in offending me by getting odd jabs in here or there against Americans in general. It doesn't have that effect though.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bearded Brian wrote:I wonder what colour they are being dyed :)
Tut tut, you are Bearded Brian not Brian Yare!
Stevepj

Post by Stevepj »

Bearded Brian wrote:I wonder what colour they are being dyed :)
That's the product of spellcheck (sorry) but is that more important than 5000 dead in a month? I would have thought not.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Australia must be on the list now! :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-30485355

Another slice of Gladiator war, reported with the usual dollop of Pollyanna fudge.
"A policeman was shot in the face, but he's grateful to be alive and 'Rising Above It'."
"They died in the name of Allah peace be upon hom"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -flag.html

A new sequel: Fried green tomatoes at the Lindt chocolate cafe. :mrgreen:
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

jewel wrote:Australia must be on the list now! :(

Another slice of Gladiator war, reported with the usual dollop of Pollyanna fudge.
"A policeman was shot in the face, but he's grateful to be alive and 'Rising Above It'."
"They died in the name of Allah peace be upon hom"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -flag.html

A new sequel: Fried green tomatoes at the Lindt chocolate cafe. :mrgreen:
Are you sponsored by the word "Pollyanna"?
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Er, no Zooropa....but there does seem to be a lot of them popping up all over! :lol:

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

phpBB [video]

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Didnt you know Zooropa there are 800 happy texts? ;)

phpBB [video]

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Stevepj wrote:
Dusak wrote:Its an American thing, they make it up as they go along, especially when they are asking for a 1.1 trillion budget in those 30 days.

Jonesy.
Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps if the Americans had refrained from interfering in those countries politics and concentrated on their own peoples needs, there could well be 5,000+ much more happy people per day. As I see it, their devastating final response in Iraq towards Saddam Hussein, manly due to duff information concerning WMD which was ignored because they could, most of what we see today would not have taken seed.
Glyphdoctor wrote:
Stevepj wrote:

Jonesy.
Add to that the fact that as LP mentioned, most crimes in Egypt don't get reported and therefore aren't making it into official statistics.

But I know I am to blame for Dusak's remarks. He thinks he is succeeding in offending me by getting odd jabs in here or there against Americans in general. It doesn't have that effect though.
You think too highly of yourself on your incorrect theory concerning my supposed modus operandi towards you personally. It is a genuine coincidence that you and my statement are both American related. No doubt you would say the same if you where whatever nationality concerning whatever comment I made towards another nationality. Thats life. Or mine as you see it.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

jewel wrote:Australia must be on the list now! :(

Hardly.

The Sydney cafe incident was caused by your bog -standard nutter who just happened to pick up on the fact that Islamic State etc. is in the news nowadays.

Nothing to do with a terrorist threat to Australia.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

But it did state on the news that I think, and only think, it said that the US wanted him deported a few years back in connection to another crime but Australia refused to grant it. So if true, are they ultimately responsible for those actions of the ''bog standard nutter?''
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:But it did state on the news that I think, and only think, it said that the US wanted him deported a few years back in connection to another crime but Australia refused to grant it. So if true, are they ultimately responsible for those actions of the ''bog standard nutter?''
In a sense, the authorities share some responsibility when a known dangerous or deranged person is allowed to walk the streets. I believe the Australian PM has already expressed his amazement & deep concern that this particular guy had not been apprehended earlier.

But nowt to do with terrorism threats, or indeed the fundamental islamist movement generally.