Property owners given 60 days to appeal valuation, taxes

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Property owners given 60 days to appeal valuation, taxes

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Of course it is not about Europe, but it isn't about the rest of the Middle East either!

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Remus wrote:'This is an irrelevant comment' says Zooropa politely of mine above.

I would suggest that he leaves these sorts of comment to Dusak himself,
a resident - who I guess/hope is not being entirely serious in his summing-up of
Egypt - rather than telling me I am irrelevant from his Leicester eyrie and his couple of
weeks' holiday in Luxor.

Everything in life is relative. This thread is about Egypt, not Europe. I thought he might understand this.
Read it again, I said the comment was irrelevant (you have even repeated the quote!) and it is, not that you are irrelevant.

My comment was about a principle, a mind set if you like so the fact that I live in Leicester is irrelevant and does not disqualify me from my opinion.

Im fully aware its about Egypt and anyone reading this properly, I hope, will understand I was only using Europe as an example of the principle I was illustrating and not trying to compare Egypt with Europe, the Middle East or anywhere else, so again, irrelevant.

And its more like a month this year actually, so wrong again.

If you are going to suggest im not qualified to comment and then give reasons why, it would be better if you got the facts about me right.

Just so we are clear, the basic point I was making was that there will always be worse off people/countries etc and this should not be a reason to rest on ones laurels.

A comment, in my opinion, that I don't have to live in Egypt to be able to make.

I also would have thought you would understand this.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Remus wrote:'OK then, here is a factual representation. Its all gone tits up'

Perhaps you should compare and contrast most of the rest of the
Middle East and be grateful that you live in Egypt.
It was a tongue in cheek moment. Personally, I consider myself exceptionally lucky to be able to live here in Egypt compered to anywhere else on the planet. I'm content, happy and genuinely look forwards to see what the new President can achieve. I also consider that we ALL are really lucky that we do not live as others are forced to live in the rest of the African continent. And most of Europe for that matter. It is the most simplistic of things in life that generate the pleasure I feel, like just having a cup of tea outside in the early hours of the morning, peace and tranquility. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Glyphdoctor wrote:A4's views are always welcome, but if he thinks anyone in this country NEEDS to be "shown" the state of affairs after what has happened today, then he is full of himself.
Sorry, but unfortunately I got called away for the past few days, and returned yesterday evening, in which time I have reflected as to whether it's worthwhile using my time to type up the info I get my hands on, and really,..........it isn't. Then when you read the comments, often a one line dismissive statement, that is ill informed and not relevant, and when the person is corrected, they simply express that they made a 'tongue in cheek comment'.

I am sorry to say that really this forum has lost most of its really informative writers, and those that remain, simply can not be bothered, so from now on, I shall join the happy thong of one line beautiful comments.

P.S. - in the past week, a lot of news about Egypt has come to light, that is certainly not mentioned here, however, with regards Glyph's comment above, all I have to say is, in the words of the old trickle down president of the U.S.,...........'yer ain't seen nothing yet'.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

A4-As I said, your views are welcome, but no one is in the dark (figuratively, but not literally) about the CURRENT state of affairs of the country. Some may be optimistic about the future, others pessimistic, and you can say the former are deluded, but from what I have seen over the last month or so a lot of people are hitting their breaking point at the current state of the country. Look at Dusak's comments about his shave gone bad and you will find others have expressed similar frustrations recently and understandably so. You may remember my comments at the beginning of the year how I expected a lot of people would leave by the end of this year. I can think of at least 3 or 4 or more forum members who have left the country (some slinking out quietly with their tails between their legs) recently so obviously some people would agree that they haven't seen nothing yet nor do they want to stick around to see it.
Remus
Egypt

Post by Remus »

Interesting to see the parallels between Egypt in 2014 and Egypt under Sadat
in 1977 - the World Bank, the IMF, subsidies, austerity - resulting in the Bread Riots
in January '77. I was in Egypt at the time and it was frightening. Sadat had to reintroduce
the subsidies.

President el Sisi has again yesterday asked his people to be patient. My impression
from the Egyptians who work for me and others I meet is that they are still
supporting him. It won't be the electricity cuts which stretch their patience but the
rise in the cost of living.

The Middle/Near East is a far more complex and troubled place than even it was
in 1977. The map will be redrawn. But Egypt will remain Egypt.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Hopefully the same person that organized the highly successful International Luxor Felluca Rowing Competition today, is the same person organizing this Property Tax scam which no doubt will be just as successful as today's Internationally attended event. Spare me please it ain't going to happen, You know it and so do I....:cool:
Ps: Today at 3pm on Radio 2 news the 3rd item was about President Sisi sorting out the power cuts here, that was a 1st!!!!!!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Just an observation on the "state of Egypt today".

My Egyptian family had an unfortunate accident today on the highway near Ain Sokhna, en route from Cairo to Hurghada. Tyre blow out...car wrecked...mercifully no-one badly hurt. Police called & car eventually towed (privately) to Cairo.

Before being allowed to depart the family were charged 3500LE by the police for "damage to highway"....apparently this section of the road belongs to the Army.

You couldn't make it up. Anyone had similar experiences of being charged for highway damage?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

As already stated, Egypt will remain Egypt. So will the practice of differing levels of corruption. :urm: Sorry for producing another one liner, but this is all I have to say.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.