Taxi in Hurghada

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Taxi in Hurghada

Post by carrie »

Going to Hurghada (see Bombay I have learnt how to spell it) on the bus I have booked the hotel it's in Makadi Bay, now looking at the map that is miles from the bus station. Has anyone any idea how much a taxi would be from Bus Station to hotel and has anyone any phone numbers for an honest reliable taxi driver in Hurghada?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Taxi in Hurghada

Post by Bombay »

50le to 100le its a long way out of town towards Safaga.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

No more than 100LE....but you will be asked for much more :lol:

Give Pamela Ford a call...she has a "women only" cab service in Hurghada : 01141794700
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote:Going to Hurghada (see Bombay I have learnt how to spell it) on the bus I have booked the hotel it's in Makadi Bay, now looking at the map that is miles from the bus station. Has anyone any idea how much a taxi would be from Bus Station to hotel and has anyone any phone numbers for an honest :tk reliable taxi driver in Hurghada?
Have you ever attempted to find a grain of salt in a desert. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

carrie wrote:Going to Hurghada (see Bombay I have learnt how to spell it) on the bus I have booked the hotel it's in Makadi Bay, now looking at the map that is miles from the bus station. Has anyone any idea how much a taxi would be from Bus Station to hotel and has anyone any phone numbers for an honest reliable taxi driver in Hurghada?
Does the hotel offer transfers? They may not be the cheapest but will not be the most expensive and at least you can expect them to turn up.

Brian
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Brian Yare wrote:
carrie wrote:Going to Hurghada (see Bombay I have learnt how to spell it) on the bus I have booked the hotel it's in Makadi Bay, now looking at the map that is miles from the bus station. Has anyone any idea how much a taxi would be from Bus Station to hotel and has anyone any phone numbers for an honest reliable taxi driver in Hurghada?
Does the hotel offer transfers? They may not be the cheapest but will not be the most expensive and at least you can expect them to turn up.

Brian
Most, if not all, of the Makadi hotels have a limousine service for "one-off" pickups but they are pretty expensive. Expect to be quoted at least 200LE from Hurghada bus station to Makadi.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately I have had a phone call this morning to say that the buses are not running tomorrow because of Ramadan so I have booked a taxi from Luxor to take me. I have put Pamela Ford's number in my phone, what an excellent idea women only taxi's, thought they were only in Cairo.