Hurgada

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Hurgada

Post by carrie »

Thinking of going to Hurgada for a bit and looked on Travel Republic at some hotels last night. I made a list of those I am interested in then checked them on Trip Advisor, everyone commented on the Russians how rude they were and how many of them stayed at these hotels, anyone know any hotels that they don't go to in Hurgada. Now nothing against Russians but I am going alone for a bit of R and R and dont want to deal with rude anyone in the dining room or elsewhere.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Hurgada

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Are you not getting enough R and R on the West Bank Carrie?

Take a look at Le Reeve, The Obero or the Citadel Azur, stayed at them all found them mostly peaceful.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Will do CE and thanks, due to a friend being very sick lately (very well now thank goodness) I just feel completely frazzled and want to go somewhere where no one knows me no one will talk to me "I want to be alone"
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

I would recommend Geisum its not 5* but its clean has a pool and own beach, however its popular with expats from Luxor so you may bump it to someone!
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

We read the same reviews Carrie prior to our departure to Sharm' , and truth be told, we had no issues what so ever with the Russian's. They were a really nice lot of people. Keep that in mind, because it was abundantly clear to me, What you put out, is what you get back.. :up

A Lesson that became apparent to me a couple of years ago, when I got the chance to stay the night at a very special lodge at Pistyll Rhaeadr.
It was something that happened by chance in late February 2 years ago, and the couple who owned the lodge went out of their way to put us up there, and we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast next morning and delightful company..
Now go and take a look at pistyll rhaeadr on Trip Advisor and see what people have to say about our hosts...

Side quip: I was in the dining hall at our hotel, and I was going to help myself to an after dinner coffee. When I made my way to the coffee machine, there was a 4 - 5 year old Russian kid in front of me, and he was having trouble with the machine, so I helped him out, made his coffee which I assumed was for one of his parents... No way, the kid stood there as I was making my own coffee, and drank the lot.. :cool:

Have a great time Marlene, :up

Ooops, sorry, Carrie... :br
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

Based on my week in Sharm last year, I saw only a few Russians of the many (about 80%) in my hotel who could be said to have let the side down with their behaviour. The vast majority kept their own company and didn't seem - to me, anyway, to cause any problems. I was told that hotel staff don't like them however, and would rather have the British back. I think the Russian concept of manners is just different to ours.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

I know what you mean Carrie, you do your best always but it can be a bit weary looking after people. hope you have a good time. enjoy the cooler temperatures. Just the humidity some days can be a bit fierce
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I have not been to Hurghada but in April 2011, I took the chance that Sharm el Sheikh would be quiet, but Russian tourists had already returned.

The all inclusive ***** hotel would have been perfect for me, had it not been for the behavior of the majority of guests. I did not enjoy it at all. Between delicious meals they would eat burgers and chips IN the pool. I did not use the pool because of the constant cooking of chips and burgers, loud pop music and countless floating corpses with cigarettes and pints IN the water. They wore swimsuits in the elegant restaurant and could hardly enter the door, balancing ice cream cones and beer, sweaty and drunk before breakfast.

Another group arrived, behaving :oops: and looking :oops: like Russians, but loud mouthed enough to reveal an accent from some suburb west of... Copenhagen. :oops: I think of this whenever I book with Egyptair, somehow grateful that there are no direct flights to Luxor from DK. :oops:

Perhaps this says more about all inclusive than it does about Russians - Old Winter Palace is no longer the same, now that it mainly attracts all inclusive guests. :cry:
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

Stayed at the Giesum for one night in December, was ok for just one night wouldn't have liked to spend more than a night there.

Stayed at a few hotels in hurghada and although there are a few nice russians most are rude, ignorant, loud, drunk and clefty and the parents are worse.