Unregistered Egyptians

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Unregistered Egyptians

Post by BENNU »

Robbo70 wrote:
Glyphdoctor wrote:If he doesn't have an issue with marrying someone outside those 3 faiths, you have to wonder how serious he is about treating the whole relationship as a marriage, rather than bizness.
You know Glyph...I hate to **** on your bonfire but not every single Egyptian man is in it for biznesss.... or is your husband the only one perhaps?
is your husband the only one perhaps?

Didn't you know? :zz

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Unlike you, I don't assume a general discussion is one about myself and my husband.

The fact of the matter is you didn't want to fill in the religion field on the form. To me that says nothing about your religious beliefs, just that you didn't want to fill it in, for whatever reasons personal to you. Others here assumed you were faking something. You said you were raised as a Christian and so that is what you filled in. I take that at face value.

It's your life, your marriage, your husband, your business, not anyone else's. I don't know why you feel the need to prove anything about it to us. Your Mohammed may be different or he may not, but the real problem with the whole MMD phenomenon is actually declaring "MMD" at all. Declaring it doesn't make it so, it just makes you look insecure and defensive.
Last edited by Glyphdoctor on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Billy_whiz

Post by Billy_whiz »

@Dusak - the seamstress was not selling her goods in dollars - that was the translation for the sub-titles. If you listen carefully, you can hear her speaking the price in Arabic :mo
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Billy_whiz wrote:@Dusak - the seamstress was not selling her goods in dollars - that was the translation for the sub-titles. If you listen carefully, you can hear her speaking the price in Arabic :mo
Thank you for that clear up, unfortunately I refused the recommendation from GD ''You must learn your Arabic if you live in Egypt''' book of advice for the expat nation. I'm happy and content to live with the knowledge that I'm as thick as two short planks when it comes to learning a new language at 61. :up

Some folk just cannot grasp the fact that some married couples from mixed religions/lands can be very happy without the millstone of religion dragging their levels of contentment down. I think that it would be a great discovery indeed if a man was found to be pure of heart here in Egypt or anywhere else for that matter. Five times a day visits are, from what I have seen and heard, are to ease the guilty conscience or to pray in the hope of receiving something that they really do not deserve to receive. But that's life as I view it I suppose.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

A man can find happiness with a mistress or a prostitute too. It doesn't make it legal or legitimate. Some married people are unhappy. But they still have a legally and religiously recognized relationship. Eating ice cream might make one happy. But the law or religion has nothing to say about that all.

Apples and oranges.

And whether someone is happy in any sort of relationship is their own business anyway. There's no law that says we have to be happy or not. It's an emotion, not something we can control anyway.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Don't know about that, but I've always been able to control my emotions when it is required. Prostitutes? Short term fix, an emotionless bonding between two people for personal gain. No long term future, apart from possible visits to the STD clinic
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.