Patience is a virtue....not in Egypt it seems

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Patience is a virtue....not in Egypt it seems

Post by jewel »

Sadly the muddle in Egypt gets muddier by the day, and the worst thing is that it need it have been like this.
The impatience of people once again causing the situation we have seen over the past few days once again proves that the lesson of patience is one sadly lacking with a vast majority of the Egyptian population.
Remember the train crash last year? Once again caused by impatience, Egyptian passengers fed up with waiting for their train to move after half an hour put logs and rocks on the rails of a nearby track, causing two other trains to collide. :(
I myself when in Egypt witnessed this impatience in daily life, at government buildings, banks, shops and so on, the notion of queuing and patience is almost unheard of, and the current political mess yet another example of this. So unnecessary, when patience would have paid off long term.

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Patience is a virtue....not in Egypt it seems

Post by carrie »

Jewel I have never known a more patient people than the Egyptians, except when they are behind the wheel of a car/taxi. They will spend hours sitting in their bazaars, shops etc just waiting for a little business, make a appointment and they may turn up one or even two hours late but no matter. One of the things that used to annoy me was their laid back attitude. They waited a year after the election of Morsi, they patiently waited for signs of improvement, they patiently waited through numerous power, water cuts, benzine and gas shortages at least most of them,they struggled through the increasing cost of living, eventually they came to realise that the country was being destroyed and that if they waited much longer then there would be nothing left. Only then did they decide to act. I'm sorry to say it but you don't live here, you can read all the news reports you like but you will never know what it has been like for the ordinary Egyptian for the past twelve months, or longer, why because no one is interested in them and it is never reported.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Carrie fact is, things aren't going to improve in Egypt until the population numbers are reduced. In fact in the whole of Africa, population numbers are going steeply upwards, how are these numbers to be sustained, and with what, at what cost?
The first "revolution" was brought about by food prices, bread, and poverty
This will only get worse as overpopulation increases, prices continue to rise, and water becomes scarcer.

The Nile is the main ( only) source of water, for people to drink, grow food and live.
But the Nile can’t feed everyone these days. There are simply too many Egyptians, already 86 million of them, and another between 1-million and 2-million are being born every year. Egyptian agriculture only produces about half the wheat needed to feed the country. So Egypt imports wheat, lots of it; it is the largest importer of wheat in the world.

As the population increases rapidly in sub Saharan Africa so does need for water. Now the downriver countries, led by Ethiopia, are beginning to push seriously for a revision of the treaty. Being downriver, these countries have Egypt at their mercy. And while they will never stop the river’s flow completely, even a small reduction in the amount of water that makes it to Egypt could prove devastating, directly affecting the amount of food that can be grown and forcing Egypt to import even more of its staples.
There will NEVER be democracy in such a deprived and overpopulated country. Its just not possible. Even if Egypt were still a net energy producer, it would only provide limited relief. The fact they are now net energy importers just makes the overpopulation issue and the instability it cant help but create, worse.
It is one of the first and soon to increase "peak oil"revolutions, and with the fall of Morsi expect to see more radial Islam emerging.

http://www.infowars.com/fall-of-morsi-p ... -in-egypt/
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Patience is a virtue and the Egyptians are loaded with it. I've always admired their tenacious outlook towards life. But they do like to queue jump at times.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

Dusak wrote:Patience is a virtue and the Egyptians are loaded with it. I've always admired their tenacious outlook towards life. But they do like to queue jump at times.
Queue? You've seen a queue in Egypt? Where? :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Shwia, shwia Jewel, "We are standing on the threshold of history here.
Have a sun dried tomato and miester and 'chill out, your not even in Luxor, mind you neither am I for that matter, then I'm not stupid....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

There is a huge lesson to be learned in the making right now....
It seems quite apt that in an Ironic kind of way, still, we come round full circle in the end.. :cg

Could we have done it more quickly.. ? NO.. That was never part of the plan... :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.