Luxor still waiting for tourism aid

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Luxor still waiting for tourism aid

Post by DJKeefy »

The financial support is said be distributed on the 27th of Ramadan, 5August; however no official statement was issued by the ministry.

Several officials in Luxor have denied the statement of Thrwat Al-Agemi, the president of the chamber of travel and tourism establishments, that the Ministry of Tourism has decided to give aid to those affected by the deteriorating tourism situation.

Bakry Abdel-Geleel, the head of the Bazaar Owners’ Association in Luxor, denied these reports,claiming they are nothing more than media propaganda.

“We have submitted a request for financial support in January and we have not received anything since then,”he said.

“The request contained the names of those affected in Luxor by deteriorating tourism conditions and the amount of aid requested,”hesaid, claiming: “Bazaar owners were expected to receive EGP 150,000, with each owner receiving an EGP1000 deduction from the electricity bill.”

He added: “The budget to support stagecoach owners was expected to be EGP 97,000.”

Abdel-Geleel also stated that Luxor has been suffering greatly since 2011 and bazaar owners haven’t been making any profits.

“Reports declaring that the number of tourists visiting Egypt increased are simply flawed because these statistics count any foreign visitor that comes to Egypt when in fact many are immigrants,” he said.

Moataz El-Sayed, president of the tourist guides syndicate, said he has no information on the rumoured aid.

“I don’t believe the ministry has the financial capabilities that will allow it to support those affected because the number is extremely large,” he said, and estimated that the number affected could reach the “hundreds of thousands.”

The financial support is said be distributed on the 27th of Ramadan, 5August; however no official statement was issued by the ministry.

Ministry officials and representatives from the tourism federation could not be reached to comment.

Source: http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2013/07/2 ... urism-aid/

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Luxor still waiting for tourism aid

Post by Bombay »

DJKeefy wrote:The financial support is said be distributed on the 27th of Ramadan, 5August; however no official statement was issued by the ministry.

Several officials in Luxor have denied the statement of Thrwat Al-Agemi, the president of the chamber of travel and tourism establishments, that the Ministry of Tourism has decided to give aid to those affected by the deteriorating tourism situation.

Bakry Abdel-Geleel, the head of the Bazaar Owners’ Association in Luxor, denied these reports,claiming they are nothing more than media propaganda.

“We have submitted a request for financial support in January and we have not received anything since then,”he said.

“The request contained the names of those affected in Luxor by deteriorating tourism conditions and the amount of aid requested,”hesaid, claiming: “Bazaar owners were expected to receive EGP 150,000, with each owner receiving an EGP1000 deduction from the electricity bill.”

He added: “The budget to support stagecoach owners was expected to be EGP 97,000.”

Abdel-Geleel also stated that Luxor has been suffering greatly since 2011 and bazaar owners haven’t been making any profits.

“Reports declaring that the number of tourists visiting Egypt increased are simply flawed because these statistics count any foreign visitor that comes to Egypt when in fact many are immigrants,” he said.

Moataz El-Sayed, president of the tourist guides syndicate, said he has no information on the rumoured aid.

“I don’t believe the ministry has the financial capabilities that will allow it to support those affected because the number is extremely large,” he said, and estimated that the number affected could reach the “hundreds of thousands.”

Ministry officials and representatives from the tourism federation could not be reached to comment.

Source: http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2013/07/2 ... urism-aid/
If they get it I will be on the street protesting, many of these are a major cause for the decline in Luxor.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Said it in one Bombay, they have never modernised since their opening days. Has anyone noticed the Fez Hats for sale outside Sindbads have been there years, all of which are sun faded, and still they put them there trying to sell. This applies to shops selling boxes of cigarettes all sun faded, goodness knows what the contents are like inside. do they not realise they will never sell this stuff, and only goes to give the Tack Reputation.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

If there is going to be any payout from the system it should go first to those of us that pay into it every year :!: