Cabinet: Cairo markets replenished with fuel Wednesday.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Cabinet: Cairo markets replenished with fuel Wednesday.

Post by DJKeefy »

Markets in Cairo were replenished with thousands of tonnes of petroleum products in the early hours of Wednesday, a Cabinet statement has claimed, adding that official inspections at gas stations across the capital found a number of irregularities.

The announcement follows a rising fuel shortage in Cairo and other governorates, which has seen huge fuel queues build up across the country.

Delays and inaccessibility to fuel has added to popular discontent with the government, days before opposition demonstratinons will call for early presidential elections and President Mohamed Morsy's ouster from power.

Prime Minister Hesham Qandil called on citizens not to worry about petroleum shortages.

“We have injected 2100 tonnes of gasoline in 120 gas stations in Cairo and the governorates,” he said. “This is in addition to the 2800 tonnes of gasoline we [had] provided on Tuesday.”

The statement, posted on the Cabinet and Presidency’s official Facebook pages, said the government is obliged to provide for the fuel needs of citizens all over the country.

Source: http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/ca ... -wednesday

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Cabinet: Cairo markets replenished with fuel Wednesday.

Post by DJKeefy »

Hmmm they forgot about Luxor then, like they always do :(
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Interesting, this from Daily News Egypt:

"According to a report on the state-run news agency, since early Wednesday the cabinet has pumped 2,100 tonnes of regular petrol and 1,000 tonnes of diesel in 120 petrol stations within Cairo, in addition to the 2,800 that were injected the day before."

No mention of the Governates in that report.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

I suppose with having no Governor to look after Luxor who would care if we have fuel or not .
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Luxor has been placed in the naughty boys room because we kicked his mate 'Billy two guns' out of town. For every action there is a reaction.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

People today asked me if I saw the Presidents speech last night, apparently no body believes what he said. I always say action speaks louder than words. People can say anything but with no action it's pointless.
I was surprised to realise just how many people are travelling from Luxor to Cairo to join the demonstrations
I am pleased I will be back in Luxor on Saturday Evening, my Cairo jaunt complete.

By the way I have been told you can get an airport car on arrival at the airport and they are cheaper than a taxi, has anyone got Info on this service please?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:People today asked me if I saw the Presidents speech last night, apparently no body believes what he said. I always say action speaks louder than words. People can say anything but with no action it's pointless.
I was surprised to realise just how many people are travelling from Luxor to Cairo to join the demonstrations
I am pleased I will be back in Luxor on Saturday Evening, my Cairo jaunt complete.

By the way I have been told you can get an airport car on arrival at the airport and they are cheaper than a taxi, has anyone got Info on this service please?
Yes, take your own petrol for the tank. :D After reading the heart felt plea on that site which is now never named by a certain Mr. Man begging for petrol, I rummaged around and found my Ronsonol lighter fluid. Just takes a little squirt to get things working. :mb:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Just been told there is octane 90 at Sohagi petrol station, but was told not to go cause there is 1,000's there and fights keep breaking out :(