Dozens killed, 1,139 injured in nationwide violence

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Dozens killed, 1,139 injured in nationwide violence

Post by DJKeefy »

Health Ministry: Dozens killed, 1,139 injured in nationwide violence.

Dozens people have been killed and 1,139 injured nationwide in clashes that erupted Thursday, the Health Ministry said in a statement Sunday.

The ministry said injured victims sustained injuries from live bullets, birdshot and tear gas inhalation.

Port Said had the largest number of deaths, with the Health Ministry saying 31 people were killed in clashes between police and protesters angry over a court ruling that sentenced 21 residents to death over a bloody stadium massacre in the canal city last year. State news agency MENA later reported Sunday evening that 37 people had been killed in Port Said, which would bring the nationwide total to 46.

The ministry said 555 people were injured in Port Said since the violence began, including 110 people who were injured Sunday during a funeral for the people killed Saturday.

Among those injured Sunday in Port Said were three people who were shot by live bullets and one by birdshot.

In Suez, nine people were killed Friday during protests against President Mohamed Morsy on the second anniversary of the 25 January revolution.

The statement said that so far, 172 were injured in Cairo, 102 in Alexandria, 29 in Gharbiya, 26 in Beheira, 89 in Suez, 77 in Ismailia, 22 in Sharqiya, 10 in Daqahlia, 35 in Damietta, six in Kafr al-Sheikh, six in Minya, one in Fayoum and one in Luxor.

Source: http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/he ... e-violence

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Dozens killed, 1,139 injured in nationwide violence

Post by Winged Isis »

So what happened in Luxor to injure one?
Carpe diem! :le:
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

He fell off his stool in the excitement!!! No seriously WI, what are they reporting in Oz. we had a call to see if we are Ok following reports on Oz TV that a "State of emergency had been declared"That is far from the truth, a curfew has been declared on three Cities, but a State of Emergency has not been declared.... No wonder Tourists are staying away, I think I will review my thoughts and declare another 5 to 10 years before the Tourists return. Sorry for those in the Tourist Industry, or those that have spent ridiculous money building flats, or even the European Ladies that have been duped to releasing their purse strings for others, to either rent or sell at hyper inflated prices to tourists, your money has been wasted.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

You know Chocolate Eclair you always seem to be having a dig at someone, especially if its anything to do with property, I think you really need to knock it on the head now and talk about something you do know and not what you think. Of all the flats we rent, I know of 5 that did build just for business of renting flats, the rest live here or travel between their country and here and rent out if they are not here, the majority of flats are owned by Egyptians, so it them who suffer not the European.

Looking at what you can get for you money in Luxor and your past gloat about how you could build a villa for 35,000 uk pounds (350,000 EGP), your villa takes the top spot on the biggest inflated price, selling at 150,000 uk pounds (1,500,000 EGP)
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

And I am getting tired (no, not getting... I have been for a long while) tired of your regular digs at women married to Egyptians. I could often go on at length about whinging Poms or silly ex-pats regularly duped by clever locals who know how to suck them right in to their wily scams. But I don't. So kindly give it a rest.

What they are reporting here is the same as usual. Anyone who knows anything of the situation in Egypt and especially Luxor, as I would expect your family to, as does mine, should know better and should not be alarmed. If they had bothered to google first before wasting money on an international call, they would have seen the truth.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

"And I am getting tired (no, not getting... I have been for a long while) tired of your regular digs at women married to Egyptians."

I've no idea of your 'marriage' situation WI, so would not presume to comment specifically. However, like old Choccy, I believe that the plights of many many foreign women in Luxor who've been slowly milked dry by their younger 'husbands' really needs to be kept to the fore, in order that others might be aware that not all of these young studs are genuine husband material. I personally know of many heart-rending tales of women who've been forced to return to their home countries after being beaten and misused by men to whom they've given absolute fortunes to. Also (I suspect like Choccy) I sincerely hope that your husband doesn't turn out to be one of those types, but please keep your wits about you!
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

No one is saying dont post about any scams that are happening Teddyboy, yet CE keeps having a dig over property which im sure is due to him been ripped of by some certain individuals, im sure we all know about this now from the amount of times he has posted about it. He makes it out that everyone who has bought property is in the same boat, which I can assure you is not true. I know many people who have bought or rented and are very happy.

CE has been contributing to the forum with some good posts lately, I hope he continues to post without constantly going on about how everyone is getting ripped off.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sad that that many people were injured and in so many locations.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Teddyboy wrote:I believe that the plights of many many foreign women in Luxor who've been slowly milked dry by their younger 'husbands' really needs to be kept to the fore, in order that others might be aware that not all of these young studs are genuine husband material.
I think so too - but not under a headline like this.
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

Just want to say you do not have to travel to Egypt to find a man who will milk you dry, beat you, steal your property etc.... plenty of them here in the UK. I think the on going presumption that all marriages have this element to it is tiring also rather insulting to the woman it is directed at. You do not greet people with 'I hope he does not steal your money' or ' I hope your having great sex for your money'.

However, a general warning about the practices that are known to go on is a good thing.

Sorry off the main theme of the topic.
It is what it is.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Not at all, you beat me to it. I agree with everything you said, plus with Bennu. Thank you TB for your concern, but there are ways and means and better places to do this as mentioned (Intercultural relationships). If it was always well-meaning, absolutely no problems and thank you very much; unfortunately on here it rarely is, usually just someone having a nasty dig just because they can, and some never fail to do so. No-one dares comment on other types of marriages/relationships. I wouldn't presume to do so. Practical advice where requested without personal comment is the only appropriate answer. But now, back to the topic....