Hosni Mubarak has died (conflicting reports)

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mimimay
United Kingdom

Re: Hosni Mubarak has died (conflicting reports)

Post by Mimimay »

Forget Mubarek, I want to know more of Dr Whos' stories !and also I need to know what happened to the man whilst you were eating your supper ? And please tell me what's the difference between soul and spirit,I'm fascinated,love this stuff, far mre interesting than boring d Hosni !

Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Just posted on my FB page by a sick but funny mate: it's relative I think:
My wife was dying. I was by her bedside. She said in a tired voice. "There's something I must confess."
"Shhh" i said, there's nothing to confess. Everything's all right Now."
"No I must die in peace. I slept with your brother, your best friend, his best friend and your father!"
"I know," I whispered "That's why I poisoned you, you slag, now close your eyes''
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Mimimay
United Kingdom

Post by Mimimay »

Very funny but I've heard it before :urm: Back to your story please,I'm intrigued !
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

HEPZIBAH wrote:I hope he [Mubarak] is ready for that because he will not have the help of generals and minions on that day.

Unless the generals and minions decide to fall on their swords and go with him. Now that would free up Egypt!
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Well, no one can deny that the man leaving has been an important part of the history of Egypt, and I will say rest in peace, as if there's any chance of THAT happening.
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Mubarak an "important part of the history of Egypt', well the same could be said (and is) of any number of dictators. Their importance usually comes down to the fact that they maintained stability at the price of keeping their fellow countrymen/women down and under control. They are rarely 'important' in any positive sense.

The man and his family are thieves (yet to be judicially confirmed) have murdered and imprisoned thousands (just in the last few years), have looted the country assisted by their crony mates and have abused their citizens' human rights. He was removed as he was preparing the succession for his dreadful son so I don't think that a better Egypt was high on his agenda rather he was more concerned at maintaining personal and family power. Oh and the economy is a mess and illiteracy, infant mortality and poverty have been left to fester in his 30 years at the helm.

There is little on the credit side of the ledger except that he maintained order and that is always the 'last refuge' of dictators.

Maybe he should be seen as a man who pursued power, ruthlessly maintained it and then frittered it away on grandiose and self serving things.

What is the practical evidence that (in a period of relative world economic stability) he cared for the struggling millions or offered solutions to their numerous problems?

All political leaders should be judged by what good they have achieved for their people and I wonder what that might be in the case of Mubarak?
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Well said, H. :up
Carpe diem! :le:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I'm wondering how long it will be after the annoucement today of who is Egypt's President - assuming that is what will be announced - that we will hear more news of ex President Mubarak's health or lack of. That situation has not been updated since last week as far as I'm aware.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley