Egypt will move on to the UK Red List 4am, Tuesday 8 June.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egypt will move on to the UK Red List 4am, Tuesday 8 June.

Post by DJKeefy »

Red list countries and territories
What you must do if you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK.

You must follow these rules even if you have been vaccinated.

Before travel to England
Before you travel to England you must:
take a COVID-19 test
book a quarantine hotel package, including 2 COVID-19 tests

On arrival in England
On arrival in England you must:
quarantine in a managed hotel, including 2 COVID-19 tests

Red list of countries and territories
You should not travel to red list countries or territories.

Red list ----------- Upcoming changes to the red list
Afghanistan Currently on the amber list. Will move to red list 4am, Tuesday 8 June. If you arrive in England after then you need to follow the red list rules.
Angola
Argentina
Bahrain Currently on the amber list. Will move to red list 4am, Tuesday 8 June. If you arrive in England after then you need to follow the red list rules.
Bangladesh
Bolivia
Botswana
Brazil
Burundi
Cape Verde
Chile
Colombia
Congo (Democratic Republic)
Costa Rica Currently on the amber list. Will move to red list 4am, Tuesday 8 June. If you arrive in England after then you need to follow the red list rules.
Ecuador
Egypt Currently on the amber list. Will move to red list 4am, Tuesday 8 June. If you arrive in England after then you need to follow the red list rules.
Eswatini
Ethiopia
French Guiana
Guyana
India
Kenya
Lesotho
Malawi
Maldives
Mozambique
Namibia
Nepal
Oman
Pakistan
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Qatar
Rwanda
Seychelles
Somalia
South Africa
Sri Lanka Currently on the amber list. Will move to red list 4am, Tuesday 8 June. If you arrive in England after then you need to follow the red list rules.
Sudan Currently on the amber list. Will move to red list 4am, Tuesday 8 June. If you arrive in England after then you need to follow the red list rules.
Suriname
Tanzania
Trinidad and Tobago Currently on the amber list. Will move to red list 4am, Tuesday 8 June. If you arrive in England after then you need to follow the red list rules.
Turkey
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Uruguay
Venezuela
Zambia
Zimbabwe

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-a ... d#red-list
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Egypt will move on to the UK Red List 4am, Tuesday 8 June.

Post by Major Thom »

That's going to drastically effect tourism. We here are on the amber list and our tourism is virtually non existent. It seems that many who return to the UK do not intend to self isolate anyway, and these employed Covid Police who are supposed to be checking, seem to be like Dodo's non existent, according to many in the UK. I watched the News a couple of days ago and it reported people were crossing the border from Gibraltar to Spain so, it maybe that the Government are trying to stop this fiddling of air traffic corridor's.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well you live and learn. I had never heard of Eswatini, formally Swaziland, which I had heard of.
A country apparently rife with Aids and TB, not a lot going for it is there?

Would you still come then Newcastle even if you had to quarantine in a hotel for 10 days on returning to the UK.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

It may be the UK has come to realise, the Covid infections and deaths are numbers that are not reliable, due to sunset burials without proper examinations and due to the lack of IT boffins it must even be hard for them to keep any form of track. Judging by what people tell me people are still it print guidelines, and looking at videos I would say correct they are not. I do feel sorry for the Country though because, not just Luxor, but Hurghada, Sharm, and the other Red Sea Resorts will now suffer. It must be a terrible state to be in a position with very few jobs, very little earnings etc I feel so sorry for the local community.