Egypt to charge 200LE for covid vaccination.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Egypt to charge 200LE for covid vaccination.

Post by newcastle »

So much for the vaccine being free for all.....although I suppose many will qualify as recipients of “ financial assistance”.

The take-up and efficacy of any roll out arrangements remains to be seen.

On Sunday, the Egyptian Minister of Health and Population Hala Zayed announced that the coronavirus vaccine will cost a maximum of LE200 for most Egyptians, and will be offered for free to healthcare workers and those receiving financial assistance from the government.

Zayed said, during a telephone interview with Egypt’s satellite channel ONE on Sunday evening, that anyone may sign up to receive the vaccine through the ministry’s official website or by going to any ministry-affiliated hospital to fill out an application.

The first dose of the vaccine will cost LE100 for one dose, and both doses should cost no more than LE200, Zayed said.

She affirmed that the vaccine will be provided free of charge to medical staff in all hospitals nationwide, as well as to Egyptians enrolled in the government’s Takaful and Karama aid programs.

Those who are eligible to receive the vaccine for free will be registered in the ministry’s system under their national ID number.

Egypt began vaccinating healthcare workers with the Chinese Sinopharm vaccine on Sunday. The beginning of its massive campaign includes vaccinating all medical staff, the elderly, and people with chronic diseases.

Those under 18 years and pregnant women are not to receive the vaccine, as clinical studies have yet to confirm if it is safe for these groups.

Just Sinopharm has been approved by the Egyptian Ministry of Health, but Zayed affirmed that three more will soon get the green light: China’s Sinovac vaccine, the UK’s AstraZeneca, and Russia’s Sputnik V.

Egypt is awaiting doses of the vaccine from Sinopharm, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, and AstraZeneca, however, their arrival times have yet to be determined due to increased global demand for the vaccine.

The ministry expects to have a clear timeline on when the vaccine will be available to the general public by the end of March.

https://www.egyptindependent.com/corona ... ecipients/

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Egypt to charge 200LE for covid vaccination.

Post by Dusak »

Well, if I have a choice, I'll go for the AstraZenica one. Either way, a few of my Egyptian friends will be behind me in the jab line lol. I will pay for a few, no problem.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 am Well, if I have a choice, I'll go for the AstraZenica one. Either way, a few of my Egyptian friends will be behind me in the jab line lol. I will pay for a few, no problem.
I think you’ll find AstraZeneca is reserved for government officials, generals etc.

You and the rest of the plebs will have to make do with Sinopharm or Sputnik.

You may end up with slitty eyes :lol:

The ministry expects to have a clear timeline on when the vaccine will be available to the general public by the end of March.
So ..around next Christmas for you.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

As you know, this is Egypt, money talks, so I'm thinking there will be a price list soon appearing in every supermarket popular with the expats, probably next to the rice.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Talking to an Egyptian this morning about the vaccine, it's not going to be available in Luxor because there is no virus here.
Only in dirty places, his words not mine, Cairo, Alex and of course the red sea resorts. Dirty places dirty people.
Have I seen anyone here with horns?
Horns?
Yes those things that the cows have that grow from the head.
No I haven't seen anyone with horns.
Well there you are then, if you have had the virus it's well known you grow horns.
What with growing a beard if I have the vaccine or growing horns if I don't I think I had better shuffle off to Sharm to find myself a fella whilst I still can. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

carrie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:46 am... there is no virus here.
Only in dirty places, his words not mine, Cairo, Alex and of course the red sea resorts. Dirty places dirty people.
Allah has a plan. We’ll all get it, but anyone with a clean heart will survive.

My friends conclude that it is safe for me to return to Luxor.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Find new friends..imho.. 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

There’s worrying news in the UK and Europe that the vaccine companies may not be able to meet their commitments regarding delivery of supplies.

Seem to be turning into an unsavoury scramble....coupled with a blame game.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:46 am Talking to an Egyptian this morning about the vaccine, it's not going to be available in Luxor because there is no virus here.
Have I seen anyone here with horns?
Horns?
Yes those things that the cows have that grow from the head.
No I haven't seen anyone with horns.
Well there you are then, if you have had the virus it's well known you grow horns.
What with growing a beard if I have the vaccine or growing horns if I don't I think I had better shuffle off to Sharm to find myself a fella whilst I still can. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I suppose in Egyptian colloquialism street talk, this means getting a 'boner' lol.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:32 pm There’s worrying news in the UK and Europe that the vaccine companies may not be able to meet their commitments regarding delivery of supplies.

Seem to be turning into an unsavoury scramble....coupled with a blame game.
There is now talk from the headquarters of the EU that they may be forested to prevent new supplies leaving Europe. Panic buying, greed and snatch squads are on the horizon me thinks.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:32 pm There’s worrying news in the UK and Europe that the vaccine companies may not be able to meet their commitments regarding delivery of supplies.
Isn't this largely because the manufacture has to stop or slow down for a 'short' period whilst it is moved to a larger facility to allow for increased production?
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:22 pm
Isn't this largely because the manufacture has to stop or slow down for a 'short' period whilst it is moved to a larger facility to allow for increased production?
So they say.

I’m having my first jab tomorrow.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Your a shareholder in one of these manufacturers, then hear the news that instead of the paid for 5 doses, they are actually getting 6. So you say to yourself, hang on, they are producing X million of doses of which X million are going to be free, not good for the back pocket, so the company suddenly have production problems while they attempt to get the dose count right. Just thinking.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I remember sharing this picture back in September...
Egypt's Astrazeneca's HQ out on the North Rd.
So, 'don't panic Mr Mannering a UK company is there to help you..inshalla... 8)
Ps: note: A UK company with the majority of 'yank shareholders.
Pss: And If Pfizer gives you an erection go for it...(cryptic)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:32 am I remember sharing this picture back in September...
Egypt's Astrazeneca's HQ out on the North Rd.
So, 'don't panic Mr Mannering a UK company is there to help you..inshalla... 8)
Alas, the vaccine is not being manufactured in AstraZeneca’s Egypt plant....which primarily produces pills.