Egypt - Agriculture Export Boom.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Egypt - Agriculture Export Boom.

Post by Hafiz »

Agriculture Export Boom.

The Minister says agricultural exports are booming. http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... t--mo.aspx

Reuters says the opposite – its down on last year and last year was a really bad year. If its an increase its an increase from an historically low base – but its probably not an increase. https://af.reuters.com/article/africaTe ... O1GG-OZATP

Ignore Reuters believe the Minister and his servant al Ahram.

However the ‘facts’ (possibly illegal to publish them) seem to be:

Egypt restricts food exports and controls what farmers grow to restrict their export opportunities.

The effect of the above is that farmers earn little but support cheap local food.

Overseas export markets regularly exclude Egyptian products for purity, quality and poisons.

Egypt spends 10’s of millions to promote tourism but spends little to promote agricultural exports.

Exports generally, but including agricultural exports, are doing surprisingly poorly given that after the devaluation they are half the cost they were before.

The interesting fact is the huge trade deficit – about 10 times total tourism revenues. (where do you think this heads)

Reuters is wrong, they were Jews anyway, and the Minister is always right and facts are always to be ignored – think Brexit, Trump and Boris. Viva la Republic!

When Putin visits Egypt on Monday (a visit, oddly, with little prior notice) he will feel at home – the local media will love him – at least those not closed down.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Egypt - Agriculture Export Boom.

Post by A-Four »

As I wrote on here a couple of years ago, Egypt MUST put together a 'common agricultural policy' together that puts together a futures guarantee agreement with its farmers to gain maximum internal returns, rather than seek the import of very poor quality grain that has been imported from France (2016) and Russia (2017).

Looking through recent national financial transaction, Egypt has gained very little from the total devaluation of the LE., and at this period in time Egypt is acting like a lady who is wearing an expensive fur, though wears no knickers,.........if you pardon the expression. :wi .
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Egypt - Agriculture Export Boom.

Post by Major Thom »

By knocking down the illegal builds and creating more farmland would help provide extra for the farmers to expand. You cannot really apply an agricultural policy if you are willing to hand over farmland for building. A4 is right the place is acting like a game player when in fact no one else takes much notice. However its good publicity if not crazy.