"Poisoned Legacy"

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

"Poisoned Legacy"

Post by newcastle »

Some of my favourite books in my library are the series written by Aidan Dodson covering the period from Amarna onwards.

Poisoned Legacy covers the fall of the nineteenth Dynasty and I'm indebted to Nigel Fletcher-Jones for referring me to the attached blog:

http://egypttoday.com/blog/2016/08/04/t ... ameses-ii/

The history (insofar as we can piece it together) of this period reads like any modern day thriller and I recommend Dodson's 4 books to anyone with a more than cursory interest in egyptology.

Amarna Sunrise
Amarna Sunset
Poisoned Legacy
Afterglow of Empire

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: "Poisoned Legacy"

Post by Horus »

Thanks Newcastle, some interesting reading in that selection. :up

Although a bit pricey all these titles are available on Amazon.co for anyone interested:
Amarna Sunrise = this is available as a Kindle download @ £14.03 or paperback at £12.95 Hardback @ £19.99
Amarna Sunset = this is available as a Kindle download @ £14.03 or hardback at £19.95
Poisoned Legacy = this is available as a Kindle download @ £12.34 or paperback at £12.99 Hardback @ £24.95
Afterglow of Empire = this is available as a Kindle download @ £14.90 or hardback at £16.56
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I don't know about these books, but when I was buying off Amazon I always had a look on the private sellers lists attached to each item, they were always cheaper and each gave the condition from brand new unread to...
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Last time I was in Aboudis book shop - both of them in fact - they had copies of these books at a cheaper price!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Good point about the second hand books, I only gave the Amazon list for anyone who maybe could not purchase the physical copy, but could maybe download it to a Kindle if they really wanted to read any of them. :up
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Yildez wrote:Last time I was in Aboudis book shop - both of them in fact - they had copies of these books at a cheaper price!
I was in there when book six of the Harry Potter series was released. Printed in China, entitled Hally Putter and the Half Blud Prince. A quick skim through the book indicated that it was missing several chapters and was constructed in very poor English. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Surely it was Hally Plotter and the Harf Brud Plince, you must have a misprinted Chinese copy Dusak :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Yildez wrote:Last time I was in Aboudis book shop - both of them in fact - they had copies of these books at a cheaper price!
Were they having a sale??

I bought all mine there paying, I think, 200LE each...or thereabouts

http://www.aboudi-bookstore.com/onlinestore/search.php

Afterglow of Empire Edition by Aidan Dodson
Egypt from the Fall of the New Kingdom to the SaiteRenaissanceAidan Dodson A valuable study of a little-known and turbulent period of Egyptian history During the half-millennium from the eleventh through ...
Price: $22.99 Details

Amarna Sunset Edition by Aidan Dodson
Nefertiti, Tutankhamun, Ay, Horemheb, and the Egyptian Counter-ReformationAidan Dodson A new account of the return to orthodoxy after Akhenaten’s revolution This new study, drawing on the latest researc...
Price: $22.99 Details
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:Surely it was Hally Plotter and the Harf Brud Plince, you must have a misprinted Chinese copy Dusak :lol:
You velly funny man.