I Could Never Let Her Go. - short story

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by WIZARD »

I first met her in high school. She was older than I, and exciting.
She’d been around. My parents warned me to have nothing to do with her. They claimed no good would come from our relationship. But I kept meeting her on the sly. She was so sophisticated and worldly. It made me feel grown up just being with her. It was fun to take her to a party in those days. She was almost always the center of attention.

We began seeing more of each other after I started college. When I got a place of my own, she was a frequent guest. It wasn’t long before she moved in with me. It may have been common-law, but it was heartbreaking for my parents. I kept reminding myself I wasn’t a kid anymore. Besides, it was legal.

We lived together right through college and into my early days in business. I seldom went anywhere without her, but I wasn’t blind. I knew she was unfaithful to me. What’s worse, I didn’t care. As long as she was there for me when I needed her( and she always was) ,it didn’t matter.
The longer we lived together ,the more attached I became to her. But it wasn’t mutual. She began to delight in making me look foolish in front of my friends. But still I couldn’t give her up.

It became a love-hate relationship. I figured out that her glamour was nothing more than a cheap mask to hide her spite and cynicism. I could no longer see her beauty after I came to know her true character. But old habits are hard to break. We had invested many years in each other.

Even though my relationship with her made me lose a little respect for myself, she had become the center of my life. We didn’t go anywhere. We didn’t do anything . We didn’t have friends over. I was just the two us . I became deeply depressed and knew that she was largely responsible for my misery . I finally told her I was leaving her for good. It took a lot of guts but I left .

I still see her around. She’s as beautiful as when we met. I still miss her now and then. I’m not boasting when I say she’d take me back in a minute. But I will never take up with her again. I don’t hate her I just loved her too much.

Chances are you know her family.

THE NAME IS ALCOHOL !

anon

WIZARD
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: I Could Never Let Her Go. - short story

Post by Bullet Magnet »

That alluring little Minx Stella is alive and well in Luxor from what I have seen.... ;)
Never seems to get any older, weird... :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Yes, she is a destroyer of lives, reasoning, personality, wealth, friendship, health, intelligence, acceptability, and worth. But she does create freely disease, loss, regret, loneliness, abandonment, loathsomeness, hurt, violence, addictiveness and early death.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Only if indulged too much!