A conversation with God: Neale Donald Walsch

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

A conversation with God: Neale Donald Walsch

Post by Bullet Magnet »

A conversation with God: An Uncommon dialogue. Neale Donald Walsch
Just finished reading this, and now need to re-read it again, and probably again and again,

In this book, God talks with the Author or rather "through" the Author, and is actually a very funny God, ( well he did invent Humour, so why not ?). There is of course a more serious side, but it's all designed to assist.

If you think you know what God wants, based on the Bible and Authoritive teachings of God, think again...

It touches upon many things, life challenges and opportunities, relationships, sex, money, perceived Death, why prayers go unanswered and man's misunderstings about God.

I get it, I like it, so why not pass it on... ??? :up

http://www.alderclose.com/Conversation% ... ok%201.pdf

I found it easier to read in book form, so I could just sit down and relax while reading.

There are more books from the Author, including part 2 and 3 of his conversations..

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: A conversation with God: Neale Donald Walsch

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Just taken a look at it. Highly unlikely that he was talking to a deity though, and certainly not the god of the religions of the book, who is clearly a vindictive psychopath - this is more of a new age god!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

LivinginLuxor wrote:Just taken a look at it.
in 8 Minutes !!!
LivinginLuxor wrote:...god of the religions of the book, who is clearly a vindictive psychopath
Agreed !! :up

That was addressed many times in the book...
Here's one..

You are saying that I, God, made inherently imperfect beings,
then have demanded of them to be perfect, or face damnation.
You are saying then that, somewhere several thousand years into the world’s experience, I
relented, saying that from then on you didn’t necessarily have to be good, you simply had to
feel bad when you were not being good, and accept as your savior the One Being who could
always be perfect, thus satisfying My hunger for perfection. You are saying that My Son—
who you call the One Perfect One—has saved you from your own imperfection—the
imperfection I gave you.
In other words, God’s Son has saved you from what His Father did.
This is how you—many of you—say I’ve set it up !!!

Surprisingly, this book makes God more "personal". .
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

But why does he capitalise words like Me, My Son etc? Sorry, still not convinced!
Stan
Subversion

Post by Subversion »

I've read this series - and although I'm not convinced he was actually having a conversation with anyone except the voices in his head - the books contain some very good wisdoms.

Then again - who is to say that "God" is not the voices in our head....

Sx
shebs1964

Post by shebs1964 »

Agree with sx, usually have the best conversation and advice from talking to the voices in my head
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

I've often thought that talking to myself is the only way to have an intelligent conversation!
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

...And that is what I was trying to lead you to.. :up
We are already a part of God, no greater no lesser a part of God..

We already have the knowledge and wisdom of God inside of us. God is NOT separate from us nor was he / she ever.
WE are the ones doing the Mis-creating, generally through Fear...
We are born with only Valid 2 fears that assist early survival. these fears can be easily be overcome in later life.,
All other FEARS are taught / learned, usually from our parents, then Authority does the rest, thus we become separated grom God...

WE have to ACCEPT that there is no "One Path for ALL", and our Journey through life is as valid as the next person's Journey thorugh life, however they should choose to live thier life..

....in the end, when it's time to leave, you realise non of this actually mattered, and it was all just a game, a ride that goes round and round...

I once heard it said that " The greatest act of Spirtuality is simply to live your life to the fullest enjoyment and highest excitement "

So True... :up
shebs1964

Post by shebs1964 »

Agree with every word bullet magnet, always belived religion was created out of fear and attempt to control
Subversion

Post by Subversion »

I remember arguing with a Vicar once that he was no closer to God than I was!

Just as an aside on the quasi religious note - this was a book I particularly enjoyed...

But what totally did me in debates with friends over it...

People seem very happy to accept the dogma that the Virgin Mary all of a sudden one day disappeared this Earth and went to live on a cloud - but the whole notion she ended up in Angelsy left them calling me bonkers!

I dont understand sometimes

S x
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

You are not crazy, Anglesey ( Yns Mon, Holy Isle ) is a very special place, I visit it as often as I can, because I live so close.
Truth be known about the Ancient people of that Island who arrived there from another place. A place that is alleged not to have existed.
The name Mona comes from Anglesy, it means "Holy Lady" therin lies an answer for you Subversion.. "Mary" was maybe "returning" to Anglesey..

There was also a man running around North Wales, preaching Christianity 200 years before the Council of Nicea handed it over to the masses. Therefore, Christianity did exist long before the Romans and Greeks put out their edited version..

That man's name ? Joseph of Arimathia !

I know exactly where he built his church ( of Sticks) ;)
But, there are many lies about the past, and these days, I dont even bother about it all. I have a good Idea and I keep my eyes and ears open, but it's no longer a "mission" for me to decypher the past..

Thanks for that link to The Marian Conspiracy, I will take a look at that.. :up

The present is ALL that we have, the past is gone, a lesson to be learned from it ?....... Maybe.
The future depends on how you live your life from now on.. Following ones own Heart, rather than listening to and following the madding crowd.

You want to find God ? Find yourslef, be who it is that you really are.. You will discover that you are perfect, because God does not make mistakes and create less than perfect.. there is no path to folllow, YOU are the PATH..
The Demons that were put down on the face of this earth to make you think otherwise can be ignored, they only have as much power as you Choose to give them. ( they are no real Demons, I'm using "Bible speak", Hell and the Devil do not exist, nor have they EVER! )
They simply lower the standard and make us pay a much higher spiritual price rthan we could ever have imagined.. if we do not spot them..
At the end of the day, all our decisions have a foundation, and that foundation can only be one of 2 things.. Fear or LOVE...
Ask yourself "where" each decision you make has it's "foundation" and why you are doing what you are doing..

I think the name God has a lot of Dogma attached to it.. maybe we should give God a new name.... ???

NEO
an anagram of "ONE"...

NEO.. I like that ! :cool:

More trendy than "God".. A grumpy old judgemental git who can never be satisfied, living in the clouds... :cg
Last edited by Bullet Magnet on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subversion

Post by Subversion »

Yeah I'll buy in on Neo - though I'm not sure I'm having an appropriate spiritual experience with a head full of thoughts of Keanu Reeves in Leather!

You might find the Marian Conspiracy a bit simplistic with your level of knowledge - if I can follow the plot of a book it is generally regarded suitable for pre-school reading!

But the simplicity of it in some ways adds to the plausability of it.

And yes Llanfairpwll.... does make you think there is a historical connection!

Enjoy

S x
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

My mum was called Mona she was from Yns Mon, she was nuts like me she wrote cookbooks bought antiques stole cuttings from manorial gardens and refused to leave Italy on the outbreak of war, her excuse to my Dad, 'We haven't finished shopping yet, Mona Florence Thomas died when I was 8.....:cool:
PS: a pal of mine Lorraine should be out here when it's cooler, she wrote a good book all about it. she's welsh, she nuts.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I know something of your Story Doctor, a fascinating one indeed, infact, truth be know, I have searched for your Mother.
I too have been to Italy many times recently. I was dropped off at the vatican on my first visit to kill some time while I waited for our lawyer to ask me in to provide some evidence for a barrister he was visiting..
Then I fouind myself staying in a Hotel room in suburbs of Rome, that was clearly built on top of an ancient Viaduct.
Later I was in the court in Lecce. During my time in Lecce, I spotted a few things in the architecture there that made me think.
on the Road to Brindisi from Lecce, there are miles of truly ancient Olive Groves, a wonderful sight by the way..

from your story just now, it's Ironic that the Romans destroyed the Groves in Anglesey and (thought) they had wiped out all the Druids, before retreating out of Wales and building a huge Dyke across the border ???

My friend and I were discussing films one day, making recommendations, that sort of thing.. He gave me a brief synopsis of The Matrix..

"Sounds Good".. I said.. Nice clothes too !!!.. :cool:
My mate said to me .."Why have you not watched The Matrix".. ???

My Answer:
"I dont need to, We are living in it !!! Have you never noticed"... ?
It took him a further year to acknowledge that statement... :cg
Subversion

Post by Subversion »

Who2 wrote:My mum was called Mona she was from Yns Mon, she was nuts like me she wrote cookbooks bought antiques stole cuttings from manorial gardens and refused to leave Italy on the outbreak of war, her excuse to my Dad, 'We haven't finished shopping yet, Mona Florence Thomas died when I was 8.....:cool:
PS: a pal of mine Lorraine should be out here when it's cooler, she wrote a good book all about it. she's welsh, she nuts.
thanks for that link! Your mother sounds like my kind of woman! and am sorry to hear you lost her at such a young age.

S x
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote:am sorry to hear you lost her at such a young age.

Don't be, my memory to date is still rubbish where's this where's that? it's amazing what one can lose....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.