Mr Khachaturian’s Donkey..a tale.......

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Mr Khachaturian’s Donkey..a tale.......

Post by Who2 »

Mr Khachaturian’s Donkey

Mr Khachaturian lived with his wife and 2 daughters in the great farming lands of Georgia Russia. During the run up to winter Mr Khachaturian had to make a decision to sell his remaining harvest at market to feed his family through the coming winter.
He loaded his cart and harnessed his donkey to travel the seven miles to market. The roads were treacherous the donkey struggled with it’s burden and finally bought to a complete state of inactivity, under the lee of a bridge.
Mr Khachaturian pleaded coxed and beat the donkey, absolutely zilch response.
He sat in the snow on the road-side bewailing his problems, along which hobbled an old wise-woman instantly spotting a punter.
What ails ye farmer? Asked the Y’s woman
Khachaturian immediately diatribes forth his woes..
‘No problem, says the Y’s women ‘pay me what I ask and I will assuredly get you to market this day’
“Anything’, wailed Khachaturian ‘anything.
“Give me your youngest daughter and I will see you on your way”
Well being a farmer 2 daughters & mouths to feed plus dowry’s to find it was, he thought a fair bargain. He agreed.
No sooner than he spoke the words she leant down hefted a sizable rock between two hands and swung it in a wide arch directly landing dead center upon the donkey’s head.
“What! screeched Khachaturian, the donkey’s legs wobbled uncontrollably it’s eyes both spinning in opposite directions, spittle dripping from it’s mouth.
“ Well, stated the Y’s woman “first you must gain the Donkey’s attention”
Soon after that Mr Khachaturian, his donkey and his harvest were seen ‘happily trotting down the lane’
The end of this story ? not in the least.
We yet have a Y’s woman and a young girl whose name was Sophie………
TBC.........

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Mr Khachaturian’s Donkey..a tale.......

Post by Who2 »

Now you think identity fraud is prevalent these days but was still active those days.
Our 'Y's woman over the following years groomed young Sophie in the arts of woman-ship, healing, decorum and the ability to become a violinist virtuoso and culled her the name of Sophie Maria Josephine Albina.
Her talents were soon spotted by a young Fritz Ferdinand who was partying in Prague, he soon 'put her to the sword and then married her. He thought he had married a Hapsburg.
'we all make mistakes…tbc… :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.