Male midwife!

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Male midwife!

Post by Scottishtourist » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:36 pm

In throes of labour and delivering 3rd baby,I was asked if I would object to a male student being present.
Think they reckoned that I was "old hat"at this business...so I wouldn't really care who saw my fanny in all it's glory!

I really didn't mind!The male student observed and would've assisted the birth if necessary.
Fortunately,it was a straightforward delivery!No stitches were required!So,all the budding student(who intended to specialize in obstectrics)did was watch and observe!

How would you feel about this?
Would you object to a male widwife?

Do you think the "birthing"process is purely a female domain?
Would you be embarrassed if anyone else witnessed your indignity?

Or would you be comfortable with "opening you legs and lips"purely for "teaching"purposes?

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Male midwife!

Post by Brian Yare » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:55 pm

What a gay day!

I have nothing against members of either (or any) gender taking care of me so long as they do a good job. But when it comes down to my funeral I have specified that it must be 'done' by a male. Whether it is religious or purely secular i do not want a female involved in my last rites!

When I was being investigated for prostate problems (fortunately clear) I specified the nurse with the smallest hands, not my rugby-playing GP.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Brian Yare wrote:What a gay day!

I have nothing against members of either (or any) gender taking care of me so long as they do a good job. But when it comes down to my funeral I have specified that it must be 'done' by a male. Whether it is religious or purely secular i do not want a female involved in my last rites!
What are you getting at here Brian?
What will a female do that is so different from what a male will do?

Do you honestly think that a male will revere your penis,testicles,much more than a female will do?
At end of the day you're DEAD!
You won't know who is dealing with you..or if your wishes are being observed!

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Scottishtourist wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:What a gay day!

What are you getting at here Brian?
What will a female do that is so different from what a male will do?

Do you honestly think that a male will revere your penis,testicles,much more than a female will do?
At end of the day you're DEAD!
You won't know who is dealing with you..or if your wishes are being observed!
While I remain alive I would prefer a smaller female finger probing my prostate. My Male doctor played Rugby Union for Wales and has BIG HANDS!

Last rites is a separate issue.

I was present at the business end of the birth of both my children. Dignity does not really come into it. Just get it over as quickly and painlessly as possibly.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:53 pm

No probs with a male midwife, or midhusband, what ever they call them, just make it quick and as pain free as possible.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:04 am

When I gave birth to my babies the doctors at that time insisted the birth be as natural as possible. The mom had to do it all herself - no meds, no spinal blocks, better learn to breathe, nurse (no meds period to dry up the milk) and unless you had a Jewish Rabbi to perform a circumcision it wasn't going to happen. There was no choice as to male or female doctor and I was exceedingly grateful just to have a delivery room vs giving birth in the hallway or ER. Here our medical is socialized and we're given no choice in who we get or what we get.

Doulas are very popular now and to my very limited knowledge they're (mostly) all female. Just not sure but I've never known of a male - could be - I just don't know.

Personally if I'm in pain I could care less who is "fixing" me or administering the medications. Just want them to be skilled and knowledgeable in their area of expertise WHICH I hope is in the area of what is ailing me.

Probably the only time I ever paused was when I was lying sedated on a gurney and the nurse told me my surgeon was an Eskimo. I was half gone and when she said "Eskimo" the visual of an seal clad Inuit came to mind but he was an excellent surgeon and to this day I have no idea why she told me this.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 am

I once had a male boss who was a trained doula. He had done it so as to help his wife with her delivery of their child.

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:32 am

I had an audience of about 12 students when I had a colposcopy in my 20's. I was asked if I had any objections as some were men, but as they all planned to be gyno doctors I had no problem. I did however get a tad arsey when one of them took a phone call and began to discuss what to have for dinner and what needed to be picked up from Tesco. I pointed out having my bits burned out for an audience was one thing but if he couldn't be bothered to watch, and his shopping was more important, he could do one.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:29 pm

So what did he have for dinner?

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Seem to think I recently saw a trailer for a soon to be shown comedy series on the same topic of male midwives. Can't remember when it is due to be shown but think it was going to be in ITV.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Angela

Post by Angela » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:20 pm

I gave birth with a Male student present. My Egyptian husband was also present and remarkably cool about it. :o

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:32 pm

I had one 18 years ago, found him to be bloody obnoxious, after the birth refused me strong painkillers (caesarean) :xx fortunately he went off shift and a very nice wonderful woman gave me a shot of morphine :D
It is what it is.