Breast Cancer

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Breast Cancer

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:27 am

Good video on how to recognize the warning signs:

phpBB [video]

There is nothing worse than getting that call from the doctor's office requesting you come back after your yearly mammogram as they've 'seen something' or 'found something.' Rather heart stopping. Always best to do whatever so as to be able to recognize early warning signs.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Breast Cancer

Post by Bullet Magnet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:02 am

That f****r took 7 years to kill my Mum at the age of just 43. That was back in the early 80's.

However, a good while ago, I remember it well, as I think I had a bit of a rant on here after I found out that one of my good friends had breast cancer, she is a nurse, one of the good guys.
Anyway yesterday I was telling her how lucky she was to have had this. 12 months off work at full pay, a Caribbean holiday, and will be redeployed into a better ward to work in when she starts back next month..

How times have changed. :up
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Few years back I went for the routine mammogram and can still remember the call from the Dr office requesting I come back cause they saw something. Too many friends who have succumbed to this F****r as you say BM and not in an easy or nice way.

Prevention has got to be the drum to beat.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 pm

The survival rate is much better these days, the treatment less painful.
Ideally they would investigate total prevention. But if they do not know what causes it then how can they prevent it ?

I have heard of some people from less well off countries who have beaten breast cancer using plant based remedies. another case I heard of, the lady used Fly Agaric with great success so she claimed.
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:07 pm

My mother was a nurse, found a lump on her left breast, went to the Doc's, he sent her to the hospital to get it checked out, a week later she had a mastectomy to the left breast. The hospital told her that if she had not come in she would of been dead within three months. Her breast had twenty six tumors. The next day I went to visit her not knowing what to expect. She was sat up in bed supping tea and looking twenty years younger. I could not believe what I was seeing. She made an absolutely excellent recovery that kept her with us for another thirty years. It also gave us some amusement.

She bought a special bra that the false boob could be placed inside to give her, for want of a better term, a more balanced look. She called it her chicken fillet. My mother was an avid gardener and one day while pottering about a neighbour of ours stopped for a chat over the front wall. As my mother got up, her chicken fillet slid out onto the soil. My mother just said ''s***,'' her favorite saying to all that goes wrong in life. She was mortified by this as the neighbour saw it plop onto the ground. ''Looks like a giant slug Elsie.'' She retorted in such a matter of fact way she could do nothing but laugh. There were many other adventures of the slipping chicken fillet over the years, worst one was when George the cat punctured it with his claws one day.

It really is important to get regular checks. Breast cancer can hit men just as quickly as well.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:25 pm

On a personal note I went through several years of tumour discoveries in one breast out by the nipple. Literally couldn't take all the biopsies and never knowing when one of these lumps would start to move into serious cancer territory - - - so I had both breasts removed with enough tissue remaining to make passable new boobs. The doctor even created fake nipples! ;) ;)

BEST decision I ever made. I was a double FF cup and now am a decent C :up :up :up

Prevention IS soooooooooo important.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:11 pm

What a brave decision LLL.
I can only imagine what you must've gone through to decide on that course of action.

I have two friends currently going through treatment and suffering from breast cancer.One in Scotland..the other in Luxor.
My friend in Scotland has now had mastectomy and breast reconstruction.They have used skin from her tummy..so she has in effect had a "tummy tuck"as well.The overall result is very good!
My friend in Luxor on the other hand has had umpteen trips to Cairo,chemotherapy and surgery.
I was shocked when she showed me her breast last time I saw her (April in Hurghada)
She literally has "hole"above her nipple,the wound leaks constantly,looks nasty,and requires constant dressing and medication.
But..she remains positive.

In Scotland(hate to keep going on about it!)we get offered free breast screening from age 50.
I've not had mine yet,cos it all depends on timing and when mobile clinic is in the area.It works on a 3year rotation..so I'll probably be first in line on it's next visit.

Breasts used to be extremely painful in my younger days and had them checked,but was always just "hormonal."
But..I consider myself very fortunate for all the screening we receive here,preventative measures for our health.
Breasts,cervix,bowels..as I've said before,God bless and long live our NHS!

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:28 am

@ST - actually it was really a remarkably easy decision.

When I weighed the pros and cons of the entire matter and added in all the medical trials and tribulations and chemos and mastectomys of friends who had developed breast cancer the answer for me became remarkably simple. I really never once thought of myself as less than feminine without breasts either however breast reconstruction is wonderfully advanced.

I had a friend/coworker who opted NOT to have her breast removed after being diagnosed with breast cancer due to fear her husband would find her repulsive and, well I can now only speak of her in the past tense. So sad that trying to maintain a body imagine took her life and if her husband was so shallow as to want her to keep her breast (I honestly don't know what he wanted, I only know the reasons she shared with me) then all I can say is he really did not love HER.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Men LLL!
Here's question for all males on the forum.
Are you a breast or a thigh man?
How do you view women's breasts?As a sexual object?For YOUR pleasure?The bigger,the better?
Or do you prefer a "petite"frame?"

I've never been blessed with "big"breasts!
But..no matter what size they are..I still want to keep them,hence my statement about your brave decision LLL!

So come on blokes!What would you prefer?
A real woman who has taken the decision to remove these "titillating"glands and save her life?
Or a sick woman who keeps them and risks death?

It's no-brainer in my book...but I ain't a man!
Men are from Mars,blah di blah!!!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:10 pm

It matters not to me, I've always been more interested in the woman herself. With or without, I would still want her. [You don't need boobs to do the washing, ironing, cooking, shopping, cleaning and wash the car] [JOKE]
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Your bride to be isn't going to be happy with you with this attitude! :P :P You should be practicing the "Yes Dear" phrase :P :P

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:22 am

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Your bride to be isn't going to be happy with you with this attitude! :P :P You should be practicing the "Yes Dear" phrase :P :P
I am not allowed to lift a finger. Perfect world. :up [The marriage bit is not a joke by the way, if you go onto Amazon you will see the wedding wish list] ;)

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Are you registered under "Dusak" on Amazon?

AND - how can you possibly conduct a bona fide Egyptian wedding WITHOUT all the fanfare?!?!? I mean really - now you are talking la la land. Not possible. ;) ;)

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:57 pm

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Are you registered under "Dusak" on Amazon?

AND - how can you possibly conduct a bona fide Egyptian wedding WITHOUT all the fanfare?!?!? I mean really - now you are talking la la land. Not possible. ;) ;)
More like po land. And Dipsy and Tinky winky are not invited!

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:44 am

Dusak, I think LLL or Brian Yare should marry your friend.

They appear to know her much better than you do!

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 am

Prevention and early intervention are the two buzz words for breast cancer prevention.