Menopause.

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Menopause.

Post by BENNU » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:46 pm

I do not know what to expect from menopause, but that day at 34, I decided not to let women older than me project their own issues and make me feel older, even if pretending that we were in the same boat made them feel younger.

Before I had even considered preparing myself for whatever menopause would bring, I said to some expats that I had difficulty falling asleep. A lovely woman then mentioned a long list of remedies that I ”needed”, I did not know what most of them were. ”All that just to get some sleep?”, I asked. ”No, it is for menopause, which is obviously what you are experiencing!”

I have had that problem since long before my first period and had still not experienced my last. :cry:

A Christmas table was decorated with fresh soft pine from the garden, something you appreciate when you have just returned from Luxor! I took a small pine branch and waved it under my nose, remembering how we used to spend Christmas in the summer house and take a tree in from the garden. Immidiately a female relative pointed at me: ”Hahaha – you too, hahaha! Welcome to the club!” If you fan yourself with a tiny pine branch, you will feel no air, but any movement around your face will be seen as a sign of hot flashes by women who suffer from it. x:roll:

Last year I left Luxor in April. ”So you are leaving for the summer already? Me too, so you cannot stand the heat in Luxor! Hahaha, menopause, hahaha, Welcome to the club!” I was only going for a couple of weeks because I had no visa to stay.

I still do not know what to expect. :witch:

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Bennu, ignore anyone who tries to make you feel old before your time! Menopause might give you absolutely no symptoms or problems whatsoever. Some women just delight in spreading horror stories! :sd

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Ruby Slippers wrote:Bennu, ignore anyone who tries to make you feel old before your time! Menopause might give you absolutely no symptoms or problems whatsoever. Some women just delight in spreading horror stories! :sd
A bit like child birth
It is what it is.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:34 pm

dsaxelby wrote:
Ruby Slippers wrote:Bennu, ignore anyone who tries to make you feel old before your time! Menopause might give you absolutely no symptoms or problems whatsoever. Some women just delight in spreading horror stories! :sd
A bit like child birth

Exactly! No two women are the same and every experience is personal to you! :up

Maakari

Post by Maakari » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Whats this all about???
I have been quite lucky..............." SO WHY DONT YOU GO AWAY, YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF **%$^"....OOOH ! I Am sooo Sorry I do not know what came over me there!
Hang on........"What stupid ~~*^% gits have turned the heating up to 2000%?? turn the B####dy thermostat down!!"..........OOOOOH! There is no one here except me!
Anyway what was I saying???................................OHHHHHH! i do not know, what was I talking about?!... in fact where am I? Who am I?? Who are you lot??? in fact, where is LUXOR???, WHO IS IT 4???
Oh Sorry, I was telling you how the menopause was for me. Sailed through it. Piece of cake really..........ooooooh Cake............

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Good one Maakari! Sounds like a few friends I've had who have suffered terribly when 'going through the change.' Not really sure what they changed into but a few started to grow moustache and beards! ;)