Sanitary Protection.

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Sanitary Protection.

Post by Scottishtourist »

This is kinda follow on post from one dsaxelby posted earlier!
About feminine sanitary protection and disposal!
I was once caught short in Luxor!
About five years ago (at age 45) I thought I was prepared...but maybe sunshine and relaxation numbed the mind!
I had to buy sanitary protection and was shocked to pay 40le for pack of 12 tampons!
God,I can get pack of 32 in supermarket here for less than half that price!I also had to go to Christian pharmacist for them!
My Egyptian friend came to pharmacy with me...then told me that tampons are far too expensive for (married)Egyptian women...and most of them buy towels!
Nothing to do with conserving virginity in unmarried girls...merely a cost exercise!Any comments?

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Sanitary Protection.

Post by BENNU »

I have heard Danish muslims say that non married women should not use tampons and non Egyptian muslims have told me that it is unacceptable for married women as well. In any case, they are a luxury and I have never found the right size for a great Dane in Egypt but always brought them with me. I fill my suitcase with towels from Egypt because they are cheaper.

I found this:

As far as the Islamic perspective on using tampons for married and unmarried women is concerned, in principle it is considered to be disliked (makruh), for it is something that is inserted in the internal part of a woman’s vagina.

http://www.shariahprogram.ca/islam-qa-w ... iage.shtml

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

Follows on from no foreign objects to be used during sex........the fact that a man is a foreign body (object) seems to have been missed :lol:
It is what it is.

Barb

Post by Barb »

ST was this Christian pharmacy the one on St Joseph street by any chance? If so then you were ripped off just like many people that go there. An (ex) friend of mine went for some tampax and they tried to charge her 50le so she went elsewhere and got then at a quarter of the price. I also went there once to get some medication that I knew the price for and they tried to charge me double so I never went back there again.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Hi Barb.
No,it wasn't the pharmacy in St Joseph Street.I know the one you mean,that's actually the one I use now and have always found the prices to be fair.
It was one near the kinda roundabout just down street a bit from Sindbads.It was down a side street,all brightly illuminated.
It's funny though cos I was staying in Emilio at time and there was English woman staying there with her Egyptian husband.We used to chat at the pool and I was relating the tale to her.
She said that same thing happened to her and she asked her husband to buy her pack.Apparantly,he was kinda interrogated in Pharmacy as to who he wanted to buy them for.
Were they for his sister?A friend?who?
Said she had paid same price as I had!
Maybe we were both ripped off....by different people,lol!!!

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

:st
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Barb

Post by Barb »

Serves you right for being so nosy and looking at the womens talk BM!!!! :))) :))) :)))

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Women's Talk

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I think that Men came to Earth just to do some drinking and smoking and fishing and generally lark around having a bit of fun and finish their days here...
Then some Diety in the sky saw us having fun, living a carefree life and thought, what those men need is a lesson in pain and suffering..
I am convinced Women are an extraterrestrial species cleverly disguised as the female counterpart to man... ;)

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Why don't you post that in Politics and Religion?

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

My "Theories" are a bit too way out for this forum me thinks... :tk
This is from the man who see's REAL life, more like fairy stories then the real life we "think" live in.. Weird or what ? . . :cg

Atlantis, Mars, Maldek, Sirius and the Moon, along with Water, all quite weird really... :?

Where's my medication ? :mrgreen:

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

So, where can we discuss tampons without feeling disgusting :?:

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I didnt make you feel disgusted did I .. ??? :(

I do apologise if thats what happened Bennu, that was not my intention... Its all perfactly natural..

You are not perchance..... :tk ? Never mind //cough//. :cool:

//Coat Door//

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

On the contrary BM!
Clip you posted is hilarious!
Who on earth could possibly feel offended and disgusted?
Why do you think the best gynaecologists and obstetricians are men?
Because all our natural bodily functions totally fascinate them and they just want to learn more about us!
Maybe we should have "Men's Talk"as a new topic.I fear though that it would only consist of talk about motorbikes,cars,computers and women!
Now...if you were all discussing circumcision,prostate problems and "does size really matter"then us women would be avid readers!
Cos,it's well known that we are also authority on all things to do with the male sex!

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I find many aspects of the Human Being Fascinating. Women especially, as men are relativley simple creatures by comparison... :cg
For example, how is that women can have synchronized menstruation when living together, ?.
Also the periods can sometimes come on when they go to a different place, and yet they were not due for 2 weeks or so prior to going to that place... ?

Women's values are different from those of men, generally speaking.

I was told to find my feminie side, and I said that's easy ! :up
After downing a bottle of Southern Comfort and I can talk forever, cry for no apparent reason and my driving goes to sh_t.. :cool:

That apprently was not what they meant... :stp

Serously though The Story of the Human Being has always held a form of fascination for me, and once you delve into our past, I think it's fair to say thet things did not transpire as we think it did...

One thing I remebered when Keefy changed the Forum to it's new format, and we could assign our gender by opting for one of 2 colours..
Did you know that the Colour Blue used to be associated with Women, and Red for Men.. That got completley reveresed for some reason..

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Uranus is a nice part of the celestial body. I think that the development of these sanatorium, sorry, sanitary items, I was thinking of the effect on mankind for that time of the hunting season, when all problems in creation are their fault and women, on the whole, do far more dripping than man concerning all that man does, God had to find a solution to wrap it up.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Funny...but I always look at male form and think "how untidy!"
All those dangly bits...can't you tuck them away somewhere?
I have cousin who studied reiki in Beijing.
She's into all that kinda new age stuff,reiki healing,etc.
I attended seminar with her once.It was being held by well known "Reiki"master in Glasgow!
He wanted to send positive message for peace in world,and assured us all that the use of "sexual"energy was best way to do this.
The process involved the women caressing their breasts and the men caressing their testicles!This generated the energy!(fully clothed,may I add!)
God,I paid £30 for a ticket to this fiasco and the sight of my poor uncle rubbing his genitals will never leave me!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

God had created man and had stood back to ask his son JC what he thought.

''As is usual with all you have created so far Father, perfection personified. Man will be pleased with your hard work and determination to do your best, all will be satisfied. Whats next Father?''

''A mate for mankind my son. I will name her wobeman. What do you think son of mine?''

''I think that you should shorten it Father to just woman, the name you suggest could give the wrong impression to those that are to follow, as if it is a name of warning Father.''

''Good point my son, so be it.''

And in a flash of light God had created woman.

''So, my son, what is your opinion to the end result?''

''I think that your creation is truly wonderful my Father. I like the colour of the hair.''

''I built in a code to give many colours my son, this is just an example of earths shades. I will name her......

''Err, excuse me, am I invisible here, I'm in the same room. The hair? Are you kidding me, like red? What woman has red hair?''

''Well just you, as you are the first created.'' God did reply.

''Well, I'd like a mid brown, if you'd just take time out to ask before you started fiddling about with things. A least it would go with this terrible shade of skin you've decided on before asking what I like, its me that has to live with it all day. And the feet, come on now, seriously, just how big do feet need to be just to go foraging for things? You know, think before you blink, then you don't cause a stink. And as for these boobs, come on, I mean.... I'll be seeing bigger grapes when you've created them, hello, give a girl a bit of bounce in life will you... Strewth, give a man a job and it ends arsend up. Which is another thing, why am I nearly split in two haves? Man over there has a spare leg in case he breaks one, what do I get, some place to grip the handle of my foraging basket, bad design all round if you ask me, no thought behind it. If you want my opinion, which you'll get anyway whether wanted or not....

''Stop your talk woman of man.'' God roared.'' For constant dripping about all things created, from this day forth each month for the rest of eternity, you and those of your kind that follow will drip life's blood so you shall be constantly reminded that no one complains about that which I have created. Now begone, I still need to create the Temples of man, a quiet place that will allow private meditation concerning the celestial body's of my creation and create his own marvels and wondrous things. I will name these Temples, sheds of man.''

Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Hmmmmm St...that aint like no Reiki I know!!!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Post subject: Sanitary Protection.
I am not going to read this post unless it's to do with dettol...:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.