Summer Foot

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess » Mon May 26, 2008 6:50 pm

You lot are rotten!!! I come on here asking serious life altering questions and all I get are insults!!! For shame!!!

8)

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux » Mon May 26, 2008 7:23 pm

You know we love you really Goddess Numpty Ghecko Feet :bl:
Yes Avon do sell the socks as well, so ring your rep & have a chat about feet instead of cats :)

Mimimay

Post by Mimimay » Mon May 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Yes Avon do the socks and I have some they are good when your feet get bad :)
And I'm an Avon Lady :lol: I kid you not ! :oops:

ding dong :lol:
It gets a bit of a pain sometimes (when they send the wrong orders) but I keep on doing it :D
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux » Mon May 26, 2008 9:11 pm

Ooh I might be putting in an order before you come over once I'm back in Luxor MM ;)

Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa » Mon May 26, 2008 10:41 pm

Hey you numpties! Why should one avoid hot water?? I have chefs' feet, that is what you get from walking around in clogs on too hard floors!
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"

Mimimay

Post by Mimimay » Tue May 27, 2008 8:28 pm

FABlux wrote:Ooh I might be putting in an order before you come over once I'm back in Luxor MM ;)
Hope to be back for Eid Fran :D
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux » Tue May 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Is that the end of September MM?

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess » Wed May 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Update:

As a temporary measure until I get to the UK and stock up on supplies - I thought I'd try out Lisak's advice, the pumice, oil (Used my best olive oil!) and freezer bag option!

As expected I was ridiculed by Mr G - and told to quit wriggling as I was rustling too much sometime about dawn ..... BUT .. the outcome ... baby soft feet!!

And now I have learned my lesson - and am slathering on a lump of moisturizer after my shower too - determined to have baby soft feet all summer long!

Thanks Lisak!

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by JOJO » Wed May 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Dipping your feet in oil whether olive or cooking and then sprinkling granulated sugar on then and rubbing is a great way of getting rid of dry skin.
I use a cheese knife and slice the dead skin off my heels otherwise they start to crack and no amount of moisturiser will help then.

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess » Wed May 28, 2008 3:38 pm

JOJO wrote:Dipping your feet in oil whether olive or cooking and then sprinkling granulated sugar on then and rubbing is a great way of getting rid of dry skin.
I use a cheese knife and slice the dead skin off my heels otherwise they start to crack and no amount of moisturiser will help then.
Bloody Hell!!!

Sounds more like you're making a sandwich!!!

The mind boggles about what else you use your knives on - boilers and feet besides!!! Do you actually do any food chopping up with them - or do you have a chainsaw for that!?!?!

:lol: :lol:

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm

[face=Comic Sans MS]Goddess, I was having a quick look at the Argos site last night to see about replacing my manicure kit and low and behold they had a pedicure set just for you called..................Summer Feet. :)

Surely you don't need to wait for a trip to the UK to stock up on goods though. I thought Avon was readily available in Egypt and I'm sure Carrefour would have their own range of such goods too. If not lotions and potions, I bet you can buy a good cheese knife & grater there, not to mention the sugar & oil. ;) :lol:

Glad you've made a start though, like you, I need to make that start and then stick with it throughout the year. I haven't even painted my toe nails this year which is most unusual.

I HATE FEET. :) [/face]
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess » Wed May 28, 2008 4:58 pm

We actually have an Avon store and an oriflame store here in Alex. I've been trying to get into the Avon store for the last 10 years! Everytime I make a concerted effort to get out that way - and cross the Corniche - the bloody thing is closed!!! And everytime I'm rushed off my feet and go past it in a taxi - it's open! So I gave up trying to get into there - but when I get back from the UK - I'm going to give it a concerted effort - if only to find out what they're hiding in there.

And everytime I go to Carrefour - Mr G nearly always throws a wobbler at the aisle with the eggs on after walking round for 3 hours - so I normally have to go like the clappers round the cosmetics section (Personally I think he times his wobbler on purpose! Else I'd stand there for ages dithering over shampoo!)

I did pop over to the pharmacy yesterday - no vaseline intensive care anything in there though - but they did have something called 'Hydrafeet' that I might get and give a try to!

I'll pop down to Metro later and see what they have lurking on their shelves!

Lisak

Post by Lisak » Wed May 28, 2008 5:32 pm

Hurrah Goddess.

I'll have all this to come after my trek, in fact I might just book myself in for a parrafin wax pedicure. If they do it in Alex and you can afford it Goddess, it is well worth it, your skin will feel like silk afterwards.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess » Wed May 28, 2008 5:40 pm

I know a couple of places that do the paraffin wax pedicure - but have never had one before because I'm scared of getting an attack of the giggles if someone grabs hold of my feet!
It isn't expensive though over here - so I'll have to see if I can drag any of my friends out to the beauty salon with me - hate going alone!

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by JOJO » Wed May 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Goddess wrote:
The mind boggles about what else you use your knives on - boilers and feet besides!!!

:lol: :lol:
Lawdy you have a good memory :lol:

Lisak

Post by Lisak » Thu May 29, 2008 9:12 am

JOJO wrote:Dipping your feet in oil whether olive or cooking and then sprinkling granulated sugar on then and rubbing is a great way of getting rid of dry skin.
Whenever I'm in Luxor I end up with absolutally filthy feet. I only have to cross the road and I look as if I've walked twenty miles barefoot, and it looks ingained too, so lots of times I've sat on the edge of the bath rubbing sugar into my feet to exfoliate them.

Hope you try the parafin wax, and it works Goddess, it is lovely.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu May 29, 2008 10:19 am

I must admit, I almost like it when my heels get sore - it means summer's here. Somebody bought me some foot cream from Boots for Christmas which was really good and soothing - I think it was methol or something - great for aching feet. :)
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ............

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis » Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 am

Oh my stars! You fans of S and M should just try what I suggested..it's so much easier and more pleasant! No pain and very little effort. Sounds like the set for "The Little Shop of Horrors" with all those instruments of torture! :worry: :hf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carpe diem! :le:

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess » Thu May 29, 2008 2:23 pm

JOJO, bless her heart, isn't able to accomplish any mission without using some kind of sharpened implement it seems!

I have this awful vision of her sitting there shaving slivers off her heels while she watches tv that's giving me nightmares!!! But I must admit to being curious as to how she finds the cheese knife the best implement to use?!?!

Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Countessa » Thu May 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Goddess wrote:I have this awful vision of her sitting there shaving slivers off her heels while she watches tv that's giving me nightmares!!! But I must admit to being curious as to how she finds the cheese knife the best implement to use?!?!
:lol: ....honestly Goddess, you have no idea what you've started!!

I've been reading this thread with interest as I suffer from the dreaded summer foot too....

Anyway, going along the lines of "well, Jojo knows her stuff when it comes to things like this...", I had a root through my kitchen drawer for something similar to a cheese knife and came across a vegetable scraper. Gave it a try but but it didn't really make much of a difference ...so decided I needed something sharper. Off to the bathroom I went and landed on one of my husband's razors.... :oops: That didn't work either, so back to the kitchen I went and dug out the olive oil and sugar - rubbed it in then put my feet into 2 plastic bags secured with elastic bands round the ankles (stylish huh??!!), then pulled on an old pair of thick socks......and it worked!!! :d2:
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...