what do you take?

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

what do you take?

Post by carrie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Well started my packing today for my trip to Turkey. I always take too much but seem unable to cut it down. I have decided that 3 swim suits are enough, a result! I need clothes to travel to Hurghada in then a change at the hotel then another change for the flight. Those I have decided will do for the trip back too I will put Yildez's washing machine to work.
What to take though for whilst I am there? OH life is hard.

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Re: what do you take?

Post by Yildez » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:16 pm

Don’t forget your shorts!! Have they seen the light of day since you were here last summer? Trust me, you don’t need much, it’s too flaming hot!!! And I think there’s a pair of your sandals in the shoe basket!

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Inspired by where I am going, I choose a basic colour so that things match and wash a lot. If I were to travel from Egypt to Turkey, I would bring what I wear in Egypt for sightseeing, dinners, walking and relaxing - leaving room for shopping.

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:18 am

Datca is VERY casual Bennu!! Also very hot and humid at the moment. Dressing up for dinner? Errr no, shorts and strappy tops are the order of the day, and much more suitable! And at the same time, on the next table, will be ladies covered from their wrists to their ankles, with headscarves or turbans (very few Turkish women wear the burkha) don’t know how they bear it in this heat!

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:56 am

I did not say dressing UP for dinner, I do not often do that in Luxor, but I do wear clothes. I just imagined that I would wear the same as in Luxor where it is hotter.
:ct

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:09 am

I do Bennu and so does Yildez, only difference is Datca ladies tend to dress less conservatively than here. I actually wore shorts last time I was there, not something I would do in Luxor. Not short shorts but above the knee. Daring or what!!!

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Very daring indeed for a Luxor chick!!!

Now I am leaving for Norway. As I was packing last night, the ever changing forecast said 24⁰ in Oslo and 29⁰ in Copenhagen. I decided that I have nothing lighter than what I would wear at 24 Scandinavian degrees anyway, humid old Denmark or fresh, cool Norway, so I would wear what I do here. Having just read Carrie's post, I thought that I would do the same, if I were to travel from Egypt to Turkey - dress like home.

Later, they predicted rain and thunder, too hot for a raincoat or jacket, so an umbrella will have to do and I will wear Teva sandals day and night. I had planned my whole outfit around my new shoes and bag, but they are too young and innocent to expose to the elements, so I took off what I was wearing and washed it for today, like I would usually do in a hotel most evenings. Now I have a bag ready for next month's trip, if the weather allows it, with colour coordinated outfits, makeup, sun- and reading glasses etc.

I am not suggesting that Carrie dresses like me, but like Carrie in Egypt. I do not imagine that she dines in a swimsuit, but I would go to Datca, just to witness it!