My Oriental Dream

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

My Oriental Dream

Post by BENNU » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Shopping for fabric, I found exactly what I desired at an online shop on a Danish island: Black and petrol lace and pleated gold for costumes to wear in Cairo, wonderful quality. I also meant to create a ghalabeya with some indiscrete details according to the latest Cairo balady trends and I fell in love with an oriental pattern printed on shiny rayon that almost designed itself, I was really excited. It was comfortable jersey so I ordered enough material to make myself a training outfit to impress the girls in the dance studio.

When it arrived and I saw how beautiful it was in real life, I changed my mind about the revealing ghalabeya that I could wear for a few minutes a couple of times and drew a more decent dress for dance parties in Luxor. I hardly get any physical mail anymore, but when I feel creative, there is always a letter within reach and though I have drawers full of paper and keep fresh notebooks everywhere, poetry, choregraphy and scetches of dresses always end up on envelopes and that is not just me - it is a tradition. I dreamed of my next favorite dress and when I woke up, I rushed to admire the material draped over my chaiselong and the different scetches overlapping each other on the envelope, the only way I know how.
:a12:
This afternoon I could not believe what I saw in a newspaper. An angry woman had the nerve to pose on a golden chair, wearing a copy of my dress, if not the exact same then an almost similar fabric and design. I had to overstretch my neck and wait for the gentleman next to me on the train to move his arm, so that I could see who she was! It would look a lot better on me, I am sure, than on this sad person, but I did not want to look like her. Before I could read her name, she had already made me rethink a few details, leave out some golden ribbons and make a more elegant and simple, Nordic approach, letting the pretty pattern speak for itself, if I find the time to sew it.

Anyway, if this winter on a dancefloor with live Egyptian music, you see someone shimmying in a long, not very sexy dress printed with patterns of Oriental rugs, that'll be me, disguised as ... the mother of ... Osama Bin Laden.

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: My Oriental Dream

Post by John Landon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Synchronicty perhaps Mrs B.L ?

Seeing the things manifest out of your imagination is quite common.
It has happened to me more than once too.

Only goes to show:

Everything you say and everything you do,
goes out on the big transmitter and comes right back to you.
:tk

Beggar me... I'm a poet and I don't know it.. 8)

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: My Oriental Dream

Post by Who2 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:26 pm

I was once in a cult a pretty good cult, I had already tried quite a few.
Anyhow they were looking for a Lectern, off I trot to find out what a lectern was.
It's a thing you put a bible on when your a priest shouting at the unclean below you.
Anyhow for the next three weeks all I saw was lecterns everywhere i turned Eagles of brass.
Finally through a pal there was a vicar who had three churches 2 condemned down on the medway estuary.
He had a lectern, I told him my story then he helped me dissemble it and squeeze it into my mini cooper.
Back to Putney the center, I reassembled and presented it and some acolite polished all the brass and it was really the 'dogies do da's.
I scored a lot of 'brownie points for that, for a 'Y's man "to think it, is to create it........'for a 'Y's man... 8)
Ps: The study of lecterns is fascinating divided into three sections with semi-precious stones at each segment.
Pss: Bet you didn't know on various days the Pope has no soles on his footwear...'strange but true'
I still wonder to this day why the Vicar gave it to me, just like that.
I always thought that was just as odd as me locating it.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.