Dog sitter

Members can place small adverts here for items they wish to buy or sell. Job offers can be placed here too. Please do not put commercial adverts in this section as we do not wish to offend anyone by removing them.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.
Advertise your business on Egypt4u, email us at info@luxor4u.com for more information.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Dog sitter

Post by carrie »

Dog sitter required for three weeks in May whilst owner returns to UK for holiday, one small dog and one doberman, both very friendly, can't use Ace because the small one hasn't had her full course of injections yet.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Dog sitter

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

On from my PM to you Carrie, there is a woman called Elaine (surname removed) somewhere in Luxor, but I do not know where. Apparently this lady is an ex Police Woman so will be reliable. I have no clue to where she may live though, hopefully she will see this post. I remember hearing about this lady a few months ago, but its only now I remember the ladies name. I did hear she went back to the UK for a while so when she returned, or if she returned I have no idea.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Wasn't that the lady who was staying with the sisters who got robbed. If so she has returned to the UK never to return?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote:Wasn't that the lady who was staying with the sisters who got robbed. If so she has returned to the UK never to return?
In her own underwear or something borrowed? :D
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

When last seen she was wearing he own :lol: Must have been recovered.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

That was a different Elaine and a past career as a police officer does not make someone somehow more trustworthy than anyone else, even though you have an inflated sense of self-worth. Unless she was a K9 handler, I don't see what that has to do at all with her ability to dog sit.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Seems inappropriate to bring any name and 'apparent' work history into the thread, especially as it's in relation to something that was apparently dealt with via pm. Surely the PM system would have been a better medium to share the information.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

You generally expect an ex police person to be reliable and trustworthy. Don't know anything about a robbery or anything like that.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Very true that last statement, only 31 Met Police were dismissed during 2010/11. Out of 48,661.
Mind you lets admit, they rather just pension them off, sweeping it under the carpet, they also don't like to keep up disclosure records 2011 ?
'Hey 'Boys in blue it's 2014.... :cool:

Ps: "Suppose I was to ask you as a stranger going to the West to seek for that which was lost, what would you say then?”
To which: ex-plod replies “I should answer where do you come from?
“From the East and I am hoping that you will give my message on the square for the sake of a widow’s son...!!!!!!
phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:You generally expect an ex police person to be reliable and trustworthy. Don't know anything about a robbery or anything like that.
Translation: You all should consider ex police to be reliable and trustworthy because I was one myself and I say so!
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

25 years since the Hillsborough disaster and investigations and coroners inquest re convened, why because the police altered their statements and lied. :x Ofcourse the police are to be trusted and are completely reliable.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:tk When you inadvertently drop a bollock, does it go clang or splat? Talking the talk of revenge and retribution, no forgiveness, just hatred to cut off the head of the flower to destroy the whole plant, innocents included. To systematically hunt the quarry to issue your own brand of justice... Excuse me officer, do you know the correct...
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

So, it seems that if people got robbed, burgled, stabbed, or their children got murdered, the last place to go is the Police, in which case where would you go? That's the way I read some of the above posts...
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Yes go to the police like the Lawrence family did.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

No, CE. What I am saying at least is it doesn't take police training to be qualified to sit a dog. Even an animal loving 12 year old can do it actually.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Glyphdoctor wrote:No, CE. What I am saying at least is it doesn't take police training to be qualified to sit a dog. Even an animal loving 12 year old can do it actually.
considering one of the dogs required to be 'sat' is a Doberman, I hope to hell you wouldn't send in a 12 year old.

In the time this topic has been debated, the small dog could have had its injections. They are done 2-3 weeks apart so there would have been time.
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Wouldn't dream of sending in a 12 year old, she is a big softie but a large dog and tends to jump up. And however well I know a dog one has to be aware of the possibilities. Even if they were both small dogs I wouldn't allow my child to look after two strange dogs.
As for the papers my friend is awaiting some documents to come through and this being Egypt he is still waiting, had the first lot and the micro chip but it takes time even after the full course to get the all clear from the UK, blood samples have to be sent there and then the result sent to the vet here.