Visa's

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Visa's

Post by carrie »

I know everyone must be sick of reading about them but changes have been made here in Luxor once again. I think everyone knows that you have to have a court registered rental agreement before applying for a visa extension. Now you used to go to the court get the rental contract and then trot along to the visa office now you have to go to the visa office first get a special stamp in your passport and then along to the court for the contract without that stamp a rental contract will not be issued.
The visa office issue the stamp immediately no (come back at 2pm) and there is no charge.
If you already have a registered rental contract then no change.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Visa's

Post by Major Thom »

Not a big deal of difference from where I now live, for our residential 10 yer visa we need a verified rental agreement or your property deed's certificate, a less than 1 week old Bank statement with more than 5000 Euros in it, proof of monthly income to show you can support yourself, 2 x latest Utility bills in your name and your birth certificate, marriage certificate Apostiled (Verified and Stamped by the UK Register department of Births Marriages and Deaths) from the Country of Birth and marriage, lastly you need your main page of your passport copied and its a matter then of waiting for your security to be passed from the UK. It took us about 8 weeks to get our Residents papers. Not too long really and no going back for 10 years. These Papers also are Not effected by Brexit in any way, they are legal papers and nothing to do with what Country you are from. Took 3 weeks to hand in out drivers license and receive Cypriot EU one's. Everyone here is being told by the Consulate by mail, to get their Residents Certificates before Brexit, to safeguard themselves (some do not bother and rely on being EU Citizens) The total costs are around including the Apostile Certificate 100 Euro's plus your petrol to get to the interview.

So all in all, pretty much the same except we are not backwards and forwards every 6 months to visa offices, and a lot cheaper in the long run, and of course when you get your residents papers you can apply for your medical card which gives everyone free access to medical treatment, or free'ish, medical access, 3 Euros to see a Doctor, 6 Euro's to see a consultants and 0.5 Euros for your prescription, all treatments, operations following consultation are free. I think most Countries have pretty much a similar system, but most do not put so many obstacles or make changes so often without being informed as Egypt does, with it's overriding suspicions of EU Spies, and oral threats to the Government.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

In February, I went to get the stamp on my contract, which was not possible without this mysterious stamp in my passport, which I could not get without a stamped contract, for which I needed the stamp that was only available with a stamp on my contract, which ... Something to do with my visa expiring the next day which was a Friday.

That day, I moved my lazy behind several times between chairs in the court house and the passport office, while the lawyer worked harder than usual for the money that I am happy to pay him. Sitting there, in both places I saw people to whom the outcome of their visit seemed far more important than my right to stay in a foreign country year after year. Families would jump up and kiss each other when finally getting what they had hoped to obtain, others leaving sad and disappointed, clearly not for the first time and probably not the last.

This week at the passport office, they were kind to explain to me that I had to come a week before my next entry visa expires to get this stamp before renewing my contract and have it stamped, otherwise I would have forgotten all about it.

It may be less complicated in countries closer to home, but this is where I want to be.

:ct

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 »

I'll let you all know in three weeks time, present forms, photocopy missed forms, present forms again, pay, go buy novel in Aboudi's, light lunch and a few beers in posh hotel opposite. Trying to spot the tourist...
Back at 1.45pm, novel in hand, no sweat and 10le to the old 'copper on the door. Tax!
off to KZ 'den over to de bright-side o'denile........easy peasy lemon squeezy.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

you probably will sail through without a lot of trouble Bennu because you are backward and forward all the time, from home and treating the place in a tourist way. I think their main thing is being sceptical of Europeans living in Luxor in a full time capacity. It may well be a different matter if you were to live there on a permanent basis. I don't know why Egypt take this attitude at all, probably suspicion runs in the blood, surely they do not look upon Europeans as terrorists, because all they have to do look at the measures Europe is taking to prevent terrorism, it's not in a European persons make up, unless of course the European is not a true European and is a refugee or incomer, from Countries connected with terrorism.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I hope you are including the USA in your remarks MT the majority of terrorist incidents there are carried out by Americans. www.pbs.org/newshour/terrorists. Perhaps we should be more stringent when allowing Americans into the country.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

And yet so many Europeans have died or are still fighting on the side of ISIS.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

The brainwashed one are I agree, and has for the US, well they re brainwashed anyway, look who they voted in as President, a Fake, Liar, ignorant, racist, bulls---ing moron, with a Twitter account. So there's my answer to that one Carrie, half the time they do not know if they re on this Earth or Fullers Earth. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Who2 wrote:I'll let you all know in three weeks time, present forms, photocopy missed forms, present forms again, pay, go buy novel in Aboudi's, light lunch and a few beers in posh hotel opposite. Trying to spot the tourist...
Back at 1.45pm, novel in hand, no sweat and 10le to the old 'copper on the door. Tax!
off to KZ 'den over to de bright-side o'denile........easy peasy lemon squeezy.... 8)
I did the visa run on Thursday last week. All paperwork in perfect order - same as last year. The only difference for me was the price, LE1120, but I had been warned in advance that it had gone up. One of the advantages that I have in staying in a hotel rather than rented accommodation is that I don't need a trip to a court. Instead I must present a copy of the hotel's tax registration and a receipt for the whole period of stay along with a statement from the hotel of when I am staying ...

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

That's nice to know Brian, must be quite a few staying long term in hotels.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

Strange Carrie but I have just seen an article going around on social media demanding a stop to the UK giving Americans Visa's due to what you stated.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 »

A very nice easy day collecting my visa yesterday even, bumping into a couple of regular American traveler ladies,
in the Steinberger... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.