I'm back

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: I'm back

Post by A-Four » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:27 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Winged Isis wrote:Welcome back. Glad you had a good time.

It's always a good idea to take some broad-spectrum antibiotics with you, plus a script for more. Experienced travellers have these high on their packing list.
As a reasonably experienced traveller, I have to say that I have never had antibiotics high on my packing list. Even if I had thought about them, they are not a medication you buy over the counter in the UK and I know there is no way my GP would prescribe them for me on the off chance I may (or may not) need them on holiday.
Here in the U.K., GP's have a very careful understanding of what we call antibiotics, there are many different types, and the term 'combination' must be clearly understood, in other words, what may be fine for one person, may not be so good for another. GP's in the West clearly understand this.

In countries like Egypt a pharmacist will supply an antibiotic for one reason or if you live in Luxor both. 1) the high price. 2) Very high powered antibiotic for three days only. ( being that, as soon as the average Egyptian man feels no more pain, he stops taking the tablet. Not always successful.)

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 am

I have to agree with A-Four on that one..

Antibiotics are like government banned drugs. Use ONLY when necessary. unless you like.

Severe sunburn as you become less tolerant to the Sun, if you are using the pill as contraception, it will drastically reduce its efficacy, then there's nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, ( I could never spell that word :tk ) stomach pain, vaginal itching or discharge, headache, rash, and swollen, black, or "hairy" tongue, colitis caused by overgrowth of Clostridium in the intestines, seizures, hives, jaundice, and rashes

Every travellers companion ? Aspirin, Paracetamol and Naproxen will sort out most pain until you can got to a Doctor, and that Antenal is brilliant for diarrhoea.

I Got the Pharaohs revenge on our first ever visit to Luxor, cured by Antenal within a few minutes, but was never ill again on my other 12 visits over 6 and a half years... 8)

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 am

I think the moderator warned previously about the dispensing of medical advice by those without any medical qualifications whatsoever.

Pretty sensible, if you ask me :ct

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:47 am

Here we go again.... :cg