Chinese float over Luxor

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Chinese float over Luxor

Post by newcastle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 am

Perhaps it's just the perspective.....but that balloon looks a tad crowded!

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Chinese float over Luxor

Post by Winged Isis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:46 am

Some hold 20, so it seems okay to me.
Carpe diem! :le:

Horus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Horus » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:24 am

Looks about right to me, I have been in similar sized baskets

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 am

For those who like the details try /www.quora.com/How-many-people-fit-in-a-hot-air-balloon

The largest hot air balloon in Luxor is 600,000 cu ft and has a basket the approximate size of a 14 seater bus divided in compartments it could theoretically fly many more passengers than it actually does in practice.

The advantage of the very large balloons is that they are less affected by turbulence in hot climates than small balloons. They are seldom if ever licenced in temperate countries mainly because of busy airspace.
Smile! It confuses people

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Well strange it may sound last month I was asking my local estate agent how many of these rascals you could get into my simple humble abode. The reason being that, although very little has been announced in the press, but,.....that wonderful grade one listed building called the Old Royal Mint, across the road from the Tower of London, has been bought by the Chinesse government for £1,000,000,000,........I joke not, ......and will become the new Chinesse Embassy, and a massive cultural (spy centre) institute.

Anyhow I digress, as a couple of you know my London home is not a million miles from that place, and believe it or not, we around here are getting little tapping noises from our front doors,...............well the little buggers are not buying my place until I've built a pagoda in the back garden,..........well you've got to add as many selling features as possible. :wi .

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:32 pm

What a very racist post A4. Surely you are sailing close to the wind in the present PC environment? ;)

Personally I'm grateful for the large number of Chinese tourists which are helping the Luxor economy :up

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:09 pm

The Chinese are indeed heading back to their old stamping ground...the original Chinatown was in the East End, Limehouse I think. They may have to swap crack houses for opium dens nowadays.

They won't have paid anything like one billion pounds for the Royal Mint site....probably around 200 million.....although what they'll spend refurbishing is anyone's guess.

The US new embassy cost around a billion...the Chinese are unlikely to be so profligate.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Mad Dilys wrote:What a very racist post A4. Surely you are sailing close to the wind in the present PC environment? ;)
Ah that ain't nice MD, I will tell you something for nothing though, talking about sailing close to a wind, when they arrive here, I shall have finish off the pagoda, and as my estate agent friend told me, to get the door bell lowered so that when a certain small people come to offer me double the present price for my place, in cash, I do really want to hear that call, rather than the usual T.V. licence people. ;) :wi :wi :wi .

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:00 am

Thank you for removing any doubts I might have had about your feelings for all Chinese people.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 am

Mad Dilys wrote:Thank you for removing any doubts I might have had about your feelings for all Chinese people.
Quite.

And really...
certain small people
??!

Surely that should read "certain people of challenged stature" ;)

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:22 am

Absolutely had me in Stitches A-Four, and let us be clear, it is all about the intent.. :lol:

Remember the words of William Shakespeare Dear friends. "All the World is a stage"

When the fat lady sings, the Hero ( you ) and the Villain will walk across the stage and meet in the middle, Smile, shake hands and take a bow together... 8)

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:58 pm

A friend as informed me that details concurning the new future Chinese Embassey that I have written above is incorrect. I think many are aware that the Chinesse Government do not appreciate certain information reaching a web site, even Wiki, so let me give this site the TRUE inside info.

All together this site was previously owned by Delancey and L.R.C. Group, for some years this company allowed this place to be squatted by over 500 people, that company thought it would be wise to cut the water supply. One year later, you don't need me to tell you what our area was like.

As direct result of this attitude by this company, when they finally got rid of these people they made repeated buildingg applications, over a period of four we, the residents of this area objected to every application, with I must admit local government support.

In January this year, Chinesse Government bought this place, which will become the largest Chinesse Embassy anywhere in the world. Initially the British Government objected, for the simple reason that for a number of year M.I.5. had a site there, this objection was cleared and the sale went through. The Chinesse paid £1 Billion for the site, and are expected to spend a further £200 Million on this site.

How do I know about this ? Well I live next door to it. Further more the Chinesse have been more informative to us, than ever did the previous owners, they are even offering us locals S106's, when they don't really have to.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:32 am

So the Chinese - whose name you even have difficulty spelling A-Four - have divulged information to you that no-one else is privy too.

:))) :))) :)))

Presumably the reams about this project which have been printed on the internet over the last 2 years are fabricated?

A billion for that site? You've lost your marbles :lol:

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:53 pm

The Chinese don't seem too interested in property procurement in Wales, :td unless you count the Takeaways and restaurants they have in most towns and villages..

Incidentaly, I was dining at one of the aforementioned local Chinese restaurant's recently and was asked by the waiter how eveything was.

I said, "To be honest, the chicken was rubbery"...

He responded with a look of deep satisfaction in his eyes and said. , "Ah ! Fank u velly much"... :D