New Governor

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

New Governor

Post by Winged Isis » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:12 pm

I see Mohammed Badr is out of a job. I don't know how affective he was, but he was certainly very active out and about the town.

Carpe diem! :le:

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: New Governor

Post by FABlux » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Yes just came up on Twitter about all the new governors. Mostafa Alham for Luxor. Anybody know anything about him?

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:46 pm

So, that will no doubt put paid to the instructions Badre made on his night time walkabout this week when he was instructing that the pavements should be made accessible etc. Or... perhaps he realised he'd better get something done about the awful state of the pavements before his successor came in a tripped up on one.

This is what was posted on Facebook yesterday lunchtime.

Luxor Today الاقصر اليوم
Yesterday at 12:56
جولة ليلية للمحافظ فى ميادين الاقصر

واصل محافظ الأقصر محمد بدر، جولاته الميدانية المفاجئة مساء اليوم الثلاثاء، حيث تفقد سير الأعمال بشارع خالد بن الوليد بمدينة الأقصر بدءاً من ميدان النوفوتيل سيراً على الأقدام حتى ميدان السلام، للاطمئنان على الموقف التنفيذى لأعمال البنية التحتية التى تجرى لتطوير ورفع كفاءة الشارع السياحى فى قطاعات المياه والكهرباء والغاز الطبيعى والتليفونات.

ووجه المحافظ تعليماته بسرعة البدء فى أعمال الرصف وتركيب بلدورات الأرصفة، وعمل أماكن انتظار للسيارات والدراجات البخارية فى أماكن مختلفة من الشارع وذلك بالتنسيق بين ادارة المرور ومديرية الطرق والنقل ومجلس مدينة الأقصر.

كما أكد محمد بدر على سرعة الانتهاء من تصميم الميادين المؤدية إلى شارع خالد بن الوليد، ودهان واجهات المحال التجارية باللون الموحد للمدينة، وتركيب أعمدة جمالية على الأرصفة فى أماكن يتم اختيارها بدقة لإعطاء المظهر الجمالى اللائق بالمدينة السياحية.

ووجه "بدر" تعليماته بعمل اتاحات لذوى الاحتياجات الخاصة لجعل الشارع متاحاً لخدمة كافة الفئات، ووضع مساعدات فنية مرورية فى أماكن الاتاحات بإضاءات معينة لمساعدة ذوى الاحتياجات الخاصة على عبور الشارع والسير به.

رافق محافظ الأقصر خلال جولته كل من العميد أيمن الشريف رئيس مجلس ومدينة الأقصر، واللواء محمد يحيى رئيس شركة مياه الشرب والصرف الصحى بالأقصر، والمهندس أسعد مصطفى مدير عام مديرية الطرق والنقل ومسئول المشروعات بالمحافظة، والمهندس نشأت عدلى مساعد رئيس المدينة للشئون الهندسية والميدانية.

Night Tour of the governor in Luxor Fields

The Governor of Luxor Mohamed Badr continued his surprise field tour this evening on Tuesday, losing business on Khalid Ibn Al-Walid Street in Luxor, starting from field square on foot to the field of peace, to check on the executive position of infrastructure work To develop and upgrade street efficiency in water, electricity, natural gas and telephones.

The Governor instructed him quickly to start paving, installation, even sidewalks, and to make parking spaces for cars and motorcycles in different locations of the street, in coordination between traffic management, road and transport directorate and Luxor City Council.

Mohamed Badr also confirmed the rapid design of the fields leading to Khalid Ibn Al-Walid Street, the han of shops in the common color of the city, and the installation of aesthetic columns on sidewalks in places that are carefully selected to give proper looking appearance Tourist City.

"Badr" has been guided by special-needs work to make the street accessible to all categories, and to develop traffic technical assistance in space-specific areas to assist with special needs to cross and walk the street.

During his tour, Governor Ayman Al-Sharif accompanied the president of the council and city of Luxor, general Mohamed Yahya, President of the drinking water and sanitation company, and Engineer Asaad Mustafa, Director General, Directorate of roads, transport, project Seoul, and engineer grew up. Make Assistant City President for engineering and field affairs.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:27 am

He was there during the last 18 months of us living in Luxor and all though he suggested many things he was not very approachable during that time, and I got the feeling he did not care too much. These changes happen fairly frequent and makes you wonder about continuity of government.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am

I met with him once found him very approachable and helpful i had great hopes of him.

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:12 pm

Well, he was seemingly rarely in his office, with nearly daily posts of him around town inspecting problems and meeting people. Whether this led to positive results I cannot tell, but it looked promising
Carpe diem! :le:

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:08 am

He was still heavily under security authority control. I saw him once regarding the Luxor Motorcycle Club and he was all for it, and he was to discuss with security. It came back the security authorities knocked it back. So I sent him the same happening in Cairo that was very successful and got no reply! Which made me think his control only went so far.

Luxor Pharaohs Motorcycle safety and instruction was free of charge and available every other week, the idea of safer riders appealed to him but alas it was not to be, and there was no way I was going to waste my time on a valid scheme that is acceptable in other parts of the Country. To my way of thinking things are black and white, not black, white, purple, green, or in fact any other colour. They maybe think unsafe riding is a way of keeping the population down.

I did four free seminars and started because I was passionate about road safety and keeping youngsters safe. At each seminar it was plain to see the majority of young motorcyclists were completely unaware of road safety, signage and the use of a motorcycle. 80% should not even have held a license. They were unaware of maintenance of motorcycles, the stress's and strains they put them under, and basically their riding skills were zilch. All I required at the time was backing to hold these seminars. I even offered to go to the Governer's Office and for him to invite the Police and security services to give a full seminar and show video's in a similar way I conducted the Clubs seminars. Although disillusioned I just thought "Get on with it then" The work I put into getting the club launched, and the money for flyers and advertising I was not bothered about I just felt that I was doing a bit to save youngsters lives. They may have thought my background was too advanced for them I don't know, but at that point I was no longer interested. There were a few parents who asked me to help them and I did, again it was from the goodness of my heart and not for money and I felt beholden to the parents for wanting their young to be taught safety features and safe riding.

If I lived still in Luxor, I would not offer anything, and certainly would not be interested in anything put to me. I belong to a club here now and ride a Ducatti, that I hire for riding days out and to keep my skills up. A lovely powerful bike for experienced riders but would be a deathtrap in Luxor.

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:27 pm

There is nothing on the internet about him - other than his appointment. Very odd. He either has nothing to hide or has done nothing. My guess is that the departed boy wonder was a step or two down and this chap is even further down and this shows that Luxor has a very low priority. He may come from Alex and be mid to late 50's.

The previous chap has been fired. Failed in the smallest job.

There appears to be new legislation on the role of governor which sounds good but probably isn't. The great weakness of the job in addition to the fact that it isn't elected is that it had little/no power in relation to the Cairo based Ministry's. I think its true to say that no one can think of a single governor in 30 years who has achieved anything significant other than standing guard.

Egypt Today describes the new legislation as follows which seems like adding more central control to what is already a Joseph Stalin Special. Usually delegation works particularly if you need innovation or initiative but Egypt has always hated delegation - even in government departments.

"This new law stipulates that the governor represents the executive branch of the government, supervises the implementation of the state policy within the governorate and enforces laws and regulations of governance. The Governor shall be responsible for ethics and public values and for the protection of human rights in the governorate. The Governor shall take all necessary measures to protect the public and private property. The Governor shall monitor and coordinate the work of all public utilities". http://www.egypttoday.com/Article/1/569 ... -governors

The vomitors in al Ahram say something I didn't know. There are widespread/universal (?) positions of Deputy Governor. Maybe that job didn't exist in such a small place as Luxor. http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... nors-.aspx