Yes! Yes! Yes!

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Yes! Yes! Yes!

Post by Major Thom » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:46 am

Our biggest and only regret when leaving is our pet dog, who has been faithful to us, is proud, fearless, and very protective. We are in the very unfortunate position to have to put him at peace with the workd when we leave. This is his home, this is where is 6 years of life has been around our home, we have adored and looked after his every whim and we have been proud to have owned him and been able to look after him. He wil be sadly missed for many years to come, and we will never forget the enjoyment he has given us.
Yes he can be noisy from time to time, but his faithfulness is unrelenting. It will be one of the saddest days of our life, we both love animals, it was only 2 days ago we released a puppy from its chains that were weighing him down and causing sores and unhappiness, this puppy is now in the hands of a loving family where it deserves to be.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:11 am

Now for a final moan as I start a cleaning up operation caused by pea brained, know it all, uneducated morons, who make the place filthy by burning the sugar cane with no respect to others. The whole village is black, maybe by going and cleaning it will encourage others to do the same, but maybe not, they do not have the intelligence to know what a proper clean is.
F-----g B------s, if they want to live in s--t they can do, but not for us. This sugar cane burning is the scourge of Luxor, the hotels must also get it, creating extra work, goodness knows what tourists think when they wake up in the morning look out their hotel room and see the place covered in black s--t, and for the cleaning people it must be so disheartening. But for farmers easy and quick, but extremely disrespectful.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:21 am

Major Thom wrote:Our biggest and only regret when leaving is our pet dog, who has been faithful to us, is proud, fearless, and very protective. We are in the very unfortunate position to have to put him at peace with the workd when we leave. .
You're having your dog euthanised ??

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:32 am

No he's having the dog, "a much loved member of his family" passed on. :( :(

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:04 am

Major Thom wrote: We are in the very unfortunate position to have to put him at peace with the workd when we leave. ....... we both love animals, it was only 2 days ago we released a puppy from its chains that were weighing him down and causing sores and unhappiness, this puppy is now in the hands of a loving family where it deserves to be.
Peace at last? He certainly deserves it after 6 years service. Anyway good for you! :up

Nice to know that you are not going to kill your old friend, but give him the same treatment as the rescued puppy. :)
Smile! It confuses people

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:12 am

Shame on you MT. You can afford to walk away from your life in Luxor, but you can't afford the cost of taking your "much loved friend" with you?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:14 am

Carrie/Mad Dilys.........you obviously either know more, or read MT's gobbledegook English rather differently to me.

I hope you're right.....but it read to me - "...put him at peace with the world...." - as if the dog was being "put down" rather than handed to anyone else.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:21 am

Yes, Newcastle. That's how I read it too! :td

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:04 am

5 go mad in Egypt.
5 people awake all with hangovers, collecting bottles, washing plates, scraping hot coals off the rugs
when one of our company fell over onto the braziers, not a scrap of evidence of burning on the lady.

So now it's 1pm and its all down to the great British fry up, bacon, pork sausages, beans, eggs, haggis & 'bubble & squeak...
Just another day in paradise..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 am

Major Thom wrote:Now for a final moan ...
I somehow doubt that. :roll:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:17 am

newcastle wrote:Carrie/Mad Dilys.........you obviously either know more, or read MT's gobbledegook English rather differently to me.

I hope you're right.....but it read to me - "...put him at peace with the world...." - as if the dog was being "put down" rather than handed to anyone else.
A straight talking chap like MT would say he was killing the dog, and not add the bit about the poor puppy. :a20:

Sometimes I am driven to take MT at face value - naughty I know. :oops:
Last edited by Mad Dilys on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:21 am

Mad Dilys wrote:
newcastle wrote:Carrie/Mad Dilys.........you obviously either know more, or read MT's gobbledegook English rather differently to me.

A straight talking chap like MT would say he was killing the dog, and not add the bit about the poor puppy. :a20:
I admire your optimism.

I used to be quite an optimistic person. I got let down a lot.
I became a pessimist. I am often pleasantly surprised.

:a65:
-Aldous Huxley

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:26 am

I wish it were so MD, but even by MT speak it is obvious he is having (or had) the dog put down, but he will probably try to say differently once he realises just how crass and callous his statement is. I have changed my good wishes to him and hope he has a **** time wherever he finds himself and that he never gets to own another dog in his life. :vs

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:52 pm

My sentiments exactly Horus.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 pm

He won't listen, but MT will find that you can move to a different country, but you can't move away from yourself. 8)

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Mad Dilys wrote:He won't listen, but MT will find that you can move to a different country, but you can't move away from yourself. 8)
Wise words. Wise words indeed!
-Aldous Huxley

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:54 pm

What a load of S-- you all write, we are dog lovers and in fact we love all animals but you cannot let an animal stand in the way of your own progress, if you don't believe me ask a local Luxorian. I would never leave our dog to anyone who has posted replies because its seems although you call yourselves animal lovers half of you seem incapable of what we have given him. All the talk about taking him with us, bleeding stupid, what when you are trvelling all the time, new places new homes, transporting crates. I just cannot believe you so called animal lovers would want to do this to any animal. come to your Bleeding senses, put your hands on top of your heads and think!!! Nor would I leave him in the hands of animal beaters who would chain him up day after day. You have to think of the dog, and whats best for him, he would never put up with being left alone all day, we know this. Nor would he put up with a cheap nasty, dog tin diet, or scraps left at the dinner table. That is no way to treat your friend. We have cogulated and contemplated much for months now, we cannot even talk about when the time comes, but we were talking to Kim from ACE a couple of weeks ago and telling her our predicument, it was her that told us this would be the best way forward for yourselve and the dog. Anything else you would like to say or post????

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Major Thom,

There is something very confusing in your thinking. You can release a puppy from chains and give it to someone believing it will have a good life, and yet you cannot either take your 'family member' dog with you or leave it behind to the care of other responsible carers.

What is the difference between that puppy and your 'member of the family'?

Trying to justify your decision regarding your dog and ending its life by using a conversation with Kim from ACE (and I am not knocking her or the organisation in any way shape or form), is pathetic.
-Aldous Huxley

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Not that difficult to move your pets even easier if its not to the UK. My sister brought her dog from Australia to the UK years ago. Someone took two dogs to Thailand from Luxor last year.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Perhaps Ace should not make it so easy an option or so cheap at 200le.