Yes! Yes! Yes!

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Post by Major Thom » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:54 am

Got our moving date confirmed today, so tied up with packing, no more hassle and spending a fortune backward and forward for visa's, no more time wasting at visa office due to the situation changing everyday. No more roaming shops looking for food that is no longer on shelves, no more half day visits to the bank to debit or withdraw cash, no more telling beggars to get lost, no more being chased down streets by hasslers, no more purchases at hyper inflated prices, it's going to be more blissful and peaceful, so no more music playing at loud rates until 3am in the morning, no more rubbish strewn streets or canals blocked with dead animals and rubbish, no more cheating or bacsheesh or commission chasers, they know who they are.
So now it's a case of knuckling down and packing things up. I have no intention of publishing our departure date, that is personal to us.
On saying about this post and this may seem a backhanded compliment, we would not have missed living in Luxor for the world, it has been great, it's history and culture should be complimented, our friends we have made have been excellent. But there is a time in everyone's life when it's time to move on. We don't accept the medical care is good, it's far from good and underfunded. Our main reason for moving though is the visa situation, it changes everyday, no one seems to know the real situation, and the visa office is chaotic, with poor mannered people butting in when you are trying to get served. There seems to be no firm and set rules about visa's, every time you go, they ask for something different, when you get it and take it in, they then want something else. FRUSTRATING!

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Yes! Yes! Yes!

Post by FABlux » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:06 am

Good luck with the move. Don't envy you the packing part but I'm sure it will be worth it.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:45 am

Major Thom, I sincerely wish you well in your move to Australia. However, I feel the need to caution you and remind you that you are moving to Australia - not Eutopia!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 am

Congratulations, I hope you and your wife are very happy there and now that things are finally sorted out for your remaining time here I hope we hear no more moaning posts. Try to enjoy your time left you might just see things with new eyes now that you are finally leaving.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:04 am

carrie wrote:Congratulations, I hope you and your wife are very happy there and now that things are finally sorted out for your remaining time here I hope we hear no more moaning posts. Try to enjoy your time left you might just see things with new eyes now that you are finally leaving.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 am

Well now you have got all that off your chest, all that remains is to wish you both farewell and good luck on your imminent departure down under.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm

I love it when people post "Good Luck in Australia" I am not going to comment on that....But :a8: :a8: :a8: :a44: :a44: Oh by the way its not UK!!!!
Today my wife and I have been whistling away and singing our heads off, we have been laughing and joking with each other and we are clearly extatic, what a great way to be, we have not ben that way for over 2 years now. :jig: :jig:

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:32 pm

If people are mentioning Australia it is only because you yourself have led everyone to believe that is where you are moving to. Perhaps this was another one of your [alleged] windups, but I doubt many, if any, will be too concerned about your new destination.

As for being so happy (ecstatic)...I'm sure that getting your moving date must have brought relief, but your choice of words only goes to show what sad lives you both must have been living up to this point.
-Aldous Huxley

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:55 pm

All I can say is that his life in the UK must have been pretty crap if he has willingly endured all of the trials and tribulations he has suffered whilst in Egypt. I would have been back here like a shot, but then again I do have a nice home, live in a lovely country where most goods are available to buy, have lots of friends. I have a pretty good health service even though some do moan about it, but at least we do have emergency services and good hospitals if needed. I can visit Egypt when the fancy takes me and probably see more of it in a few weeks than he does cooped up in his villa all year for fear of going out anywhere.
As for Australia, well you go on about it so much that we thought that your long elusive permits had finally come through, no doubt others that doubted you would ever qualify for one were correct. So no doubt your next port of call will be somewhere in the Med and probably Cyprus as you gave that place a glowing report, not that any of us are really that interested we were just being polite, can we assume that now all your moaning will stop? 8)

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Horus wrote:... can we assume that now all your moaning will stop? 8)
:sd Ermmm... don't bet any money on that - please.
-Aldous Huxley

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Oh well where ever you are going, good luck, to be honest I am not really interested where you are going to but I do wish you and your wife the very best of luck and hope you are both happier there than you have been here.
If your going about singing and happily getting on with things then please please please no more moans.
Remember that some of us are happy living where we live we have adapted to the way of life the people and the weather, I know you seem to find that almost impossible to believe. I just hope that you have done more research into your new destination than you did before you came here.
Once again Good Luck.
Bye the way looking through the posts I can't see any one who has wished you good luck in Australia, just good luck and if that sends you into paroxysms of laughter then well all I can say is your very sad.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks for the good wishes, we have started visa's for Oz, but now know it's going to take another 2 years, so we have decided to have an adventure. Again we would not have missed our Luxor adventure for anything in the world, it has been good, and even coming back from Oz last September we were both pleased to get back to Luxor. But our time here is now virtually over and we need some peace of mind and some organized living for a couple of years, like I said before dealing with officialdom here is painful expensive, frustrating and to top it all you get know where at all, because you go one day and the next day things have changed. It's so frustrating and upsetting. We have felt this way for a couple of years now, and it's just making us worse. OK everyone here knows I am one of the biggest wind up merchants, and the fact I like to speak my mind, like it or not, but those that do know me also know I am a "Teddy Bear" and quite approachable and friendly. I also realize how many have been taken in by MOANS, but let's face it they do get the best replies and look at the number of pages they take up. In another 5 or 6 weeks I will let you know our first point of adventure.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:54 pm

I think it is generally known on this site that Major Thom and A-Four know each other reasonably well. They are both from Yorkshire, and as with such Northern folk, they certainly know how to wind people up, and as I am sure most of the silent majority of this form will notice, that both he or A-Four have a remarkable ability to write perhaps one sentence on this site, which results in totally electrifying certain other members into writing, what to a psychiatrist, would be most interesting case studies, and what their own private life is all about, and without them even realising.

Major Thom has brought much valuable insider information about the present day WB, and yes in recent times his views have been quite negative, which when we think about it, it's fare comment. Only yesterday the president declared that the cost of keeping terrorism at bay in Egypt has come at a very high price, financially, and that the nations people would have to continue to pay. Egyptian business has failed to grasp the incentives of the recent massive devaluation. The Bank of Egypt simply lets the LE float against a basket of currencies, while core inflation for December was over 25%, therefore rural inflation must be in excess of 30% and getting worse, plus the admitting by government that corruption is rife, even worse than the final days of Mubarak. It is evident that the nation is now in free fall, where that will stop, no one can say.

In Major Thom's case, perhaps this is the best time to leave Egypt, being that the future storm that is to hit that country will be terrific, and it force whether it comes in a few months or a year will certainly test others that remain.

My dear friend I do wish you and your good lady wife all the happiness and success in the future. I takes a brave person to set up home in a distant land, but it takes an even braver person to realise his or her mistake and move on.

Best wishes. A-Four.

P.S. - Much of what I have written above I would have sent by P.M., but it seems you have been denied this privilege.
Last edited by A-Four on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:02 pm

A-Four wrote:
P.S. - Much of what I have written above I would have sent by P.M., but it seems you have been denied this privilege.
To the best of my knowledge this is incorrect.
-Aldous Huxley

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
To the best of my knowledge this is incorrect.
I have just checked again, The PM system from myself to MT is denied.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:59 pm

A-Four wrote: P.S. - Much of what I have written above I would have sent by P.M., but it seems you have been denied this privilege.
Yes! Yes! Yes! I did remove that privilege for a very good reason, which was posted on here. :)

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:10 am

They are both from Yorkshire, and as with such Northern folk, they certainly know how to wind people up, and as I am sure most of the silent majority of this form will notice, that both he or A-Four have a remarkable ability to write perhaps one sentence on this site, which results in totally electrifying certain other members into writing, what to a psychiatrist, would be most interesting case studies, and what their own private life is all about, and without them even realising.
Us Northerners are also good at spotting a bullshitter when we see one 8)

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:14 am

It's 3am EGT, we are having the best evening/morning bbq's, music, conversations, with really nice peoples,
booze, drugs ect..we have 2 hot braziers and endless amount of conversations that nobody really understands,
Do we Care ?...... We do not!
"I now return to the fray of having fun in a Country that we here love and we know how to love our environment.
Trust the words "It ain't greener on the other side of the fence" ....... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:42 am

Never a truer word spoken Dr. enjoy life wherever you are, :up otherwise you are just a sad git. ;)

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:51 am

Thanks A4, yes we had some great stimulating conversations, and both myself and wife used to love getting down to the nitty gritty of things with you. Over the past couple of years you too will have noticed the amount of people that are not around any more, shame but needs must come first. Like I said and you know we are both retired, we just wanted some peace, it was great for a few years but now everything is frustrating us like hell, everything you need to do is torturous, that's not what we come here for. It's like the positions in management have been filled by garbage collectors, inexperienced, and void of ideas, just for the sake of creating a job vacancy or by nepatism. It's such a shame the place is being aloud to float like a paper boat on the River, and people are not realizing the consequences of the future. But to some that's life, to us it's not life it's survival, we have never liv d that way and never intend to start. Thanks A4 for your aid and support over the years and your information. Will let you know about our adventure soon. I know our first stop will be 2 weeks on Sal, we have been there before and loved it's powdery white beaches.