Taxi prices

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Taxi prices

Post by Zooropa »

Dusak wrote:I have to hold my hands up, I thoroughly enjoy the Mac's here. For me they seem to taste better than the ones I had in the UK. Never found the WC's in need of a clean, just the once when a kids party was in full swing and it seemed that most using the toilet had decided to pee everywhere except down the pan. But having said that, I know one or two adults that do the same. :lol: The one thing that I admire about this place is that they had the first no smoking order in place. :up
I would concur, don't do MD's much over here but when I went to MD's in Luxor (only once if my memory serves) it did taste nice.

Person I went with didnt have his spoons on him though so no entertainment :lol:

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:Well give us some information then A four. Not a lot of use just saying there is someone.
Well Carrie, as I wrote above I've not been in luxor for over a year now, so can not really say if this 'service' is still in operation, however there has been two members of this forum who have been on 'line' so to speak, since I made my initial post, and they for their own reasons have failed to give any further information.

I have not got the foggiest reason why, do you ? :wi .
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

No I have no idea A Four, but then many of your posts are so cryptic one never knows.
But since these two members who have been "on line" and not responded to my question to you do know more however since they didn't raise the issue in the first place why should they :?:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:No I have no idea A Four, but then many of your posts are so cryptic one never knows.
But since these two members who have been "on line" and not responded to my question to you do know more however since they didn't raise the issue in the first place why should they :?:
My answer is quite simple, I've not been in Egypt for over a year, therefore I know not what the present situation is as to whether he still performs this type of work, the two people who use this person, have been on this forum today who still live in Luxor, though have chosen not to respond. My simple request is for them to do so. Your answer is - why should they ?

What am I suppose to say ?...................hope that's not too cryptic for you.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

No it's not too cryptic but I fail to understand why you raised it when you admittedly don't know if it is still in operation. You say that the person involved did the run to Hurghada much cheaper than 500le then state you haven't been here for over 12 months and don't know if it still applies. What's the use of posting outdated information which is no use to anyone?
If someone asked me how much it costs on the local bus it's no use me saying 25 piastre's ...well it was some time ago but now I don't know.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Sorry about the delay in my reply to you on this, but I have had a couple of phone calls, both informing me that it would not be correct to advertise either the persons name or other details, as it appears this is his full time occupation, and he being a foreigner means he is working illegally in Egypt.

I am really sorry, I have used this person in the past, but until now did not really know who this person was until now.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Fair enough A Four if the person doesn't want to be identified but if it is his only source of income then it seems a little strange. A PM would solve the problem. I don't want to get anyone into trouble.
Need a taxi November to Hurghada and back a week later and I would have loved to give someone who needs it business.
Oceanus/Petra are excellent though.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:Sorry about the delay in my reply to you on this, but I have had a couple of phone calls, both informing me that it would not be correct to advertise either the persons name or other details, as it appears this is his full time occupation, and he being a foreigner means he is working illegally in Egypt.

I am really sorry, I have used this person in the past, but until now did not really know who this person was until now.

:lol: And that's not giving 'other details'!

I'm guessing I know the name of this chap, old information from another site altogether. I questioned at the time that a foreigner would be legally driving a taxi in Egypt, bearing in mind how many Egyptian taxi/tourist drivers there are, all very much in need of work these days.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley