visa

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: visa

Post by A-Four » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Actually, you make a very interesting point here ST, one of which I would like to come back to tomorrow, which I shall write up on during my train journey back up to London, that most people could quite easily find them selves in, without even realising they are in, and that was then,.............this is now.

As for tonight, your truly is out to get well and truly smashed, so therefore not much sense will be written by me until then :wi :wi :wi .

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Don't think anyone knows really ST, do you remember when Wizard had to leave his passport was stamped and he was given 14 days to leave. He didn't and eventually this led to many problems for him.
Others have gone to have their visa renewed and found themselves in the lock up and deported without being able to return home for their belongings or anything.
Since none of us know the reasons, if reasons there are then it's impossible to answer.
There are many people who speculate but speculation is never an answer.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Just on my way out Carrie, but yes you too make an interesting point here, and that why I want to write up on how easy it is to get deported in Egypt without one even realising why. Will do so tomorrow, and explain my own case.

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 pm

The reasons for Keefy's rapid removal have yet to be told on these forums, although some speculation been made about visa violations.

Anyone foreigner should be prepared to have to leave any country at very short notice. We are all guests when we are abroad.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:10 am

Some of us had an interesting discussion on this very subject recently. People that knew the people that had suddenly found themselves relocated. There was two main reasons, in our conversation, they either spoke out about the country and its leaders in a derogatory way, or they became involved with the seedier side of the gay scene, resulting in made up allegations or just their own blind stupidity.

There is, and always has been, a certain sort of expat that see themselves above the constitutional and the morel laws of the country that they reside in and quite happily abuse them. I see myself as a very respectable sort of expat, as others I know, following the right paths in life while living here in Egypt. Even with all its ups and downs I truly love living here, so absolutely detest the kind of person that spoils it for the rest of us by selfish and doesn't give a toss for the rest attitudes.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:28 am

You do know how you see yourself is irrelevant, don't you?

For some strange reason you keep referring to your own self-assessment of yourself as a paragon of virtue though. Weird.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:08 pm

Glyphdoctor wrote:You do know how you see yourself is irrelevant, don't you?.
It was New Years Eve, a couple of months before the fall of President Mubarak, a group of us met up at the Kings Head, an unlikely place at the best of times, however, it did turn out to be good fun. The place was full of lively young people from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, there were none of the usual Brits who frequent that drinking hole so all went swimmingly.

After about 15 minutes into the New Year, we decided to move on to the Gaddis Hotel, where we had already pre paid towards a special buffet. I had drank quite a bit by now and need some food to settle my stomach. When we arrived at the hotel we learnt that no such buffet had been prepared, and yours truly got really smashed. My friends offered me a bed, but I like to wake up in my own place. It was arranged that an Egyptian chap, who I did recognise from the WB would get me home. He did, got me in a cab on the WB, the driver I know very well, so I knew I was safe, but the person who brought me from Luxor came too. Helped me out of the car, down the drive through the gates, to my front door, I thanked him, closed the door, and that was it.

The next day while I was out, I got a visit from the Amdowla, three of them to be correct. They waited one hour at my door, and thoroughly searched my garden. That evening I went to their H.Q, which at that time was next to Luxor Museum. I was interviewed, got to see my file, (by the way all tourist living in Luxor had a file, at that time.) which was surprisingly quite thin. I was told that the person who had brought me home the previous evening is a Mr Big in the drug dealing world in Luxor and WB. About an hour later I left there, unconvinced that they had believed me.

The next day I was visited by a very long standing old friend that I had not seen for many years. I made him some tea, then slowly I began to realise who he worked for. I explained to him that I was leaving Luxor for good, but of course would still visit. He told me that I had nothing to fear from the Amdowla, my reputation there was as good as when I first arrived. I told him that in the old days we the ex pats were good until proved bad. Now we are bad until proved good. The tourist living in Luxor can always be guilty by association, whether we know it or not.

When I left Egypt in that early January, I returned eight months later, a number of ex-pats hid their faces from me, I soon learnt why. It's no use any one on here giving the reason why they left Luxor,.......people will still make up their own story.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 am

Glyphdoctor wrote:You do know how you see yourself is irrelevant, don't you?

For some strange reason you keep referring to your own self-assessment of yourself as a paragon of virtue though. Weird.
Not really, although its just as important, to some folk that is, how others view you. I'm very proud of the person that I am, and the person themselves is THE only person that knows the truth within. Perhaps you do not like the fact that I can't be categorized as one of you bottom feeders, or, you have failed miserably to find any information of my past/current life that you can post on here.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:11 am

Even a pedophile justifies his own behavior to himself as morally acceptable, or else he wouldn't engage in it.

And you know I am not interested in either your past or present life, for reasons you clearly don't understand.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:09 pm

A few days ago I saw a translation of New Visa Rules for Residents - August 2015 (sorry, can't remember exact heading). It was on a Hurghada based site and the translation was not perfect although I don't know if it was an English translation direct from Arabic or from Swiss. I believe the site was originally Swiss. However, having checked the Egyptian Consulate and other internet searches, I so far cannot find anything elsewhere about these rules. Has anyone seen these new rules in Arabic? Or a link anywhere to the original?
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm glad this post is here, every time I see it It reminds me to try to find out when I need to get it renewed, trouble is I cannot read all those visa dates in my passport, la whaala!... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Chris
Egypt

Temporary Residence Visa

Post by Chris » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:57 pm

It was previously reported that the Temporary Residence Visa was now only being issued for 3 months and that before it's issue an interview would be necessary. Has anyone recently applied for the Visa and had an interview? If so what sort of questions were asked?