Bit of good news for MT.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Bit of good news for MT.

Post by Dusak »

I was told today by my friend that her long time lawyer and now family friend has a coffee shop on the West Bank. Two nights ago the new Gov. paid an unannounced visit at midnight. He pointed to my friends lawyers coffee shop and stated that he had ten days to clear out his belongings then it was coming down. He earmarked three more within the same area. Reasons for, they all have no operating licenses.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Bit of good news for MT.

Post by Major Thom »

Probably the Panarama, have never used it but have been told it is owned by a some Lawyer. Goes to prove something though doesn't it...... Maybe the Governor will next go to Lawyers Offices to check their places and commitments.

Good for the Governor!!

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Half an hour ago I was half way through a wonderful response, then we entered one 'it won't happen again' power cuts, I was ok till I back-clicked and lost the lot!
We all know who he is, bit of an institution in ramla, my liar/lawyer is not him. Daft I'm not!.
Nobody owns that land on the Nile all those coffee-shops will go, bet you., it's all the chat currently in the Gurna Police canteen, so I'm well informed.
Some prat in my village just had an argument with our Dr and has gone an erected a 5ft high enclosed white crap brick wall around an open 2.5 karat, that will go the Army just love knocking down walls… :cool:
Ps: Have you seen the one on Youtube, with the Cairo General setting fire to an augmentative B.H.'s unlicensed motorist's beard, his language his brill ?
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Considering my above post, the lawyer probably just 'blagged it dirt cheap So him being a 'lawyer he could file for some sort of compensation when it gets knocked down, even my friend who owns the house opposite tried to collect rent off the previous 'scamster. 'What the….?
Oh oh! just entered another of 'it will never happen again again again' power-cuts…'you have to laugh!… :cool:
Sophocles.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

I only know 2 lawyers in that area, one is mine and the other is used by locals for their own gain. There may be many more in the area I do not know of though, all giving papers away to anyone who will buy them, so that a villa or flat can have up to 3 owners, its getting like timeshare with some buildings.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I tried in vain to impress upon them all the idea of 'timeshare-scam, 'just too thick to grasp the idea, but that's our friends I'm 'slagging off…. :cool:
Sophocles.

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Major Thom wrote:all giving papers away to anyone who will buy them
Why would anybody buy something that is being given away?

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

Sorry Brian I should of added, following paying the Lawyer. hope that makes more sense.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

For your elucidation…Daily News Egypt… :cool:

Luxor Governor Mohamed Badr received Sunday Ministry of Justice approval to grant local mayors the judicial seizure right, entitling them to arrest citizens who break the law.

According to governorate media spokesperson Omar Shawky, the governor has yet to order the implementation of the decision.

“The reason is that there is a very high rate of violations and illegal seizure of agricultural and other state-owned lands, especially after the 2011 revolution,” Shawky told Daily News Egypt Monday.

Shawky added that over a month ago, the governor was inspecting a gas factory at night, when a truck carrying gas cylinders exited without the necessary documents or permits.

“The governor’s hands were tied regarding the arrest of the driver. He had to call the assistance of somebody from the Ministry of Interior. This is how the issue started,” Shawky stated.

According to Egypt’s Criminal Procedure Law 150/1950, the execution power of judicial seizure is accorded to all Ministry of Interior affiliated institutions. These include members and assistants in the prosecution general authorities, police officers, aides and conscripts, and security chiefs.

Moreover, the power is granted to directors and managers of public railway authorities, public transportation and inspectors of the Ministry of Tourism. Code 23 of the law also allows the Minister of Justice to accord permission to arrest to government officials such as mayors.

The system was previously applied in April for the governorate of Alexandria, when 10 heads of municipalities were granted judicial seizure power to face illegal construction, Al-Ahram reported.
Sophocles.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

My God there will be some rich local Mayors about soon!! "Under the table we must go, he hi he hi he hi oh!!!!!!!!!"

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

There are so many violations of things happening on Government, Public, or even farm land, I cannot see this happening. Its been left far too late, this law should have been applied 4 years ago. Even if they were to raze buildings, they would be erectedd again withing weeks. Remember when they razed the buildings on the wasteland in Ramla, within weeks the walls and foundations were up again. Nowadays its a free for all, places being built in the middle of fields, plantations, etc. Everyday you see cowsheds being built surrounded by walls, once the electric and water is installed down come the cowsheds and a block of flats are built. I really do not think you can do anything about that. I remember at the last Governors meeting, when he stated we cannot just knock them down, people are living in them.

Regarding any other violations, when you get families warring all the time, the Mayors will not want to get involved in that will they. It will just cause more and more animosity.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Just about to pop in to Ragabs today, and it's been closed again loads of armed Police, seems to be a problem over the floors above.
I thought daesh (beardy-weirdies ) had sold the chain, perhaps not!…. :cool:
Sophocles.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

Is this just a temporary closure Dr, or is it another licensing violation? Seems a bit of a mystery, you would think after being closed for a few weeks and loosing stock, they would not have opened again until they were sure all was well.