Bomb at Luxor Courts 11/3/15

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Bomb at Luxor Courts 11/3/15

Post by HEPZIBAH »

This was reported a little while ago and from comments I've read from others I understand that a bomb went off in the garden of the Luxor court, injuring a motorcyclist on his way by. Other devices were also found and the sniffer dogs brought in.
The auto translator on Facebook always makes Luxor read as 'shorter'!

Luxor News Live
1 min ·
تفاصيل انفجار القنبلة أمام مجمع محاكم الأقصر منذ قليل وعدد المصابين والخسائر المبدئية..
قنبلة بدائية الصنع بحديقة أمام مجمع محاكم الأقصر، اليوم الخميس.
على الفور، سارع اللواءان خالد المناوى مدير أمن الأقصر، واللواء صلاح حسان نائب مدير الأمن إلى موقع الحادث، وتم فرض طوق أمنى بمحيط مكان الانفجار وباشر خبراء المفرقعات عملهم بحثا عن قنابل أخرى، كما تم غلق الشارع أمام المجمع.
وأمر محافظ الأقصر محمد بدر، وكيلة وزارة الصحة الدكتورة ناهد محمد احمد بمتابعة الحادث وتوفير الرعاية اللازم...
See More
Details of the bomb in front of the courts the shorter since a little number alges and loss of principle..

Bomb improvised zoo in front of the courts the shorter, today is thursday..
Immediately, hasten the two khaled the intending manager of the shorter, and general reform hassan deputy director of the scene, and has been imposed the collar, me in place of the explosion and evil bomb squad work in search of bombs Another, also shut down the street in front of the compound.
And it's the governor of the shorter mohamed morphogene, under the ministry of health dr. nahid mohammed ahmed follow-up to the accident and provide care necessary in case of infected, what she said under the ministry of health it's been transfer case that one citizens, from the explosion
مباشر من الأقصر
http://luxornewslive.com/N1293

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Bomb at Luxor Courts 11/3/15

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Meh. I've been woken up twice now by bombs going off. I'm wondering when I will start sleeping through them like I sleep through the fireworks every night.

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

There was a short article on al Ahram at http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... mplex.aspx , 2 people were injured.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I copy and paste the following from the Luxor4U facebook page:

Janet Brown‎Luxor4u Egypt4u RedSea4u
11 mins ·
You may have heard about a bomb exploding here in Luxor today but it was only a SOUND bomb to cause panic and fear. There was just person injured and he wasn't actually injured by the bomb itself but hurt himself when he got scared by the bang and fell over. I must add that we live just down the road from the courts complex and heard nothing at all.
Here is the translation of this article..........

Learn the real reason which led to the wounded in a bomb blast citizen Luxor
March 1220153: 9:14 Mjmady first 211 436
Since: 11 minutes 0.59 seconds
Luxor Mohammed mayor
Today incident sparked panic in the hearts of the citizens of Luxor when newspapers handled the news of the explosion of a bomb either Luxor Courts Complex and injuring one person, two people in some newspapers.
In fact, said the bomb explosion sound and did not affect any citizen from the blast, and the only injury that occurred is a result of fear of the citizen voice fell from the top of the blast, which was led by Almtoscl
As for the bomb is in the size of the mobile battery and was planted beneath a tree alarmed central island, which mediates the street midway between the municipal council and complex court did not result in any damage until the tree, which was underneath
But fear of the security agencies for the souls of the citizens summoned to take all the precautions and measures needed to maintain them

الاقصر محمد العمده
اثار حادث اليوم الفزع فى قلوب مواطنى الاقصر عندما تداولت الصحف خبر انفجار قنبله اما مجمع محاكم الاقصر واصابه شخص وفى بعض الصحف شخصين .
وفى حقيقه الامر ان القنبله صوتيه والانفجار لم يصيب اى مواطن نتيجه الانفجار والاصابه الوحيده التى حدثت هى نتيجه خوف المواطن من صوت الانفجار فسقط من أعلى المتوسكل الذى كان يقوده
اما عن القنبله فهى فى حجم بطاريه الموبايل وكانت مزروعه اسفل جزع شجره بوسط الجزيره التى تتوسط الشارع فى منتصف المسافه بين المجلس الشعبى المحلى ومجمع المحاكم ولم تسفر عن اى تلفيات حتى بالشجره التى كانت تحتها
ولكن خوف الجهات الامنيه على ارواح المواطنين يستدعى اخذ كل الاحتياطات والتدابير اللازمه للحفاظ عليهم

http://www.medanalganob.com/t~2884
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Bearded Brian »

It might only have been a sound bomb but it shows either how lax security is or how easy it is to plant a bomb. Won't be long before tourists are targeted (not that there are that many to target)

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

As bomb planting goes BB I have never planted *one, but feel that planting bombs would be exceptionally easy in today's modern world. Be it a bomb bomb or a sound bomb, one feels that one is making 'mountains out of mole hills and to blame the security forces for their laxness in their gardening habits rather naive… :cool:
Ps: *I lied, we used to make pipe-bombs with sodium chlorate as kids.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Luxor Pharoahs

Post by Luxor Pharoahs »

If you plant a bomb how long does it take before it bares fruit? :lol:

So have not read what the loud bang was from yet! Was it a bomb. a mobile phone, someone shouting "Bang" or what? its all a bit fuzzy! It could have been a wedding firework, there are plenty about.

Luxor Pharoahs

Post by Luxor Pharoahs »

I could see why the Law Courts are high on the list for disruption, the building is the most used building in Luxor, houses the most people everyday, and even if open 24 hours a day would not be able to cope with the high turnover it has to deal with.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I too can understand why the Law Courts could become a target but how can you say it is the most used building in Luxor houses the most people or that if it were open 24 hours it couldn't deal with the business, are you a lawyer?
There are many other governmental buildings that could become targets with just as devastating effect.