22 arrests in Luxor for sexual harassment

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

22 arrests in Luxor for sexual harassment

Post by HEPZIBAH »

We have read posts on this forum about the lack of policing, no action being taken in the courts etc but something is being done. It may not seem it sometimes but it isn't all blind eyes and bribes and leave to the 'local way'.

Copied from the Luxor4U Facebook page.

22 people has been arrested for sexual harassment in Luxor while they were riding motorcycles.

Copied from the original link:

القبض على 22 شخصا يتحرشون بالسيدات اثناء استقلالهم الدرجات البخارية بالاقصر
نشرت بواسطة: بسنت سيد في الحوادث 18 ساعة مضت

خالد يونس
تمكنت شرطة مكافحة العنف ضد المرأة من ضبط 22 شاب يتحرشون بالسيدان تلقى اللواء حسام المناوى مدير امن الاقصر اخطارا من اللواء عصام الدسوقى مدير المباحث الجنائية يفيد بتمكن شرطة مكافحة العنف ضد المرأة من ضبط 22 شخص يتحرش بالسيدات اثناء استقلالهم درجات بخارية بدون ترخيص وتم ضبطهم فى شارع المدينة المنورة ووسط المدينة

http://www.ta7ya-masr.com

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: 22 arrests in Luxor for sexual harassment

Post by Who2 »

No wonder there's so many motorbike accidents around Luxor… :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Did they get arrested while on the motorbikes, or did they commit sexual harassment while on motorcycles ?
and, if the latter then how ? what did they do ? :tk
Oh God, my brain hurts, and it's only 10:30.. :cool:

Motorbikes have always had a bad rep' Due to it liberating the 50's and 60's kids, and the jealous elder guardians of that era... :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I have no answers to the above questions.
I do have the Microsoft translation - but that my well make your brain hurt more!

Arrest 22 people harassing ladies while their motorbikes in Luxor
Posted by: basant master incidents 18 hrs ago

Khalid Yunus
Police combat violence against women to adjust 22 man harassing hosam Al-mannaawi received balsidan Director of security Luxor notification from major general ESAM El-desouky, Director of the criminal investigation police to combat violence against women to adjust people accosted by the ladies in their degrees of motorcycle without a licence and were caught in Medina Street, downtown

Original
تمكنت شرطة مكافحة العنف ضد المرأة من ضبط 22 شاب يتحرشون بالسيدان تلقى اللواء حسام المناوى مدير امن الاقصر اخطارا من اللواء عصام الدسوقى مدير المباحث الجنائية يفيد بتمكن شرطة مكافحة العنف ضد المرأة من ضبط 22 شخص يتحرش بالسيدات اثناء استقلالهم درجات بخارية بدون ترخيص وتم ضبطهم فى شارع المدينة المنورة ووسط المدينة
-Aldous Huxley

Sdo
Egypt

Post by Sdo »

Only 22!!! Well its a start. Hope the bag snatchers are next.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Two (or more) boys on motorbikes cruising the roads cat-calling or making obscene gestures at passing women (usually foreign women) is not uncommon.

I'm guessing this is what we're talking about....and it's good to see the authorities taking some action.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:Two (or more) boys on motorbikes cruising the roads cat-calling or making obscene gestures at passing women (usually foreign women) is not uncommon.

I'm guessing this is what we're talking about....and it's good to see the authorities taking some action.
And let us not forget, its not just the females in receipt of these unwarranted comments, I've been on the receiving end of many myself over the years, or is it that the police think that male sufferers do not warrant their attention?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:
newcastle wrote:Two (or more) boys on motorbikes cruising the roads cat-calling or making obscene gestures at passing women (usually foreign women) is not uncommon.

And let us not forget, its not just the females in receipt of these unwarranted comments, I've been on the receiving end of many myself over the years, or is it that the police think that male sufferers do not warrant their attention?
Sexual harassment Dusak? :ks

Maybe they were just after your handbag.....barstewards :lol:

Luxor Pharoahs

Post by Luxor Pharoahs »

What's all this about 50s and 60s kids getting freedom from motorbikes BM ??????? :lol. They should also be charged for driving without due care and attention. If you are sexually harassing people then your mind is not on your riding and therefore "Due Care and Attention" Offence has been committed. I spent 4 hours riding around Luxor today shopping, and just thought that I would go back a few years and look around for traffic offences in Luxor, if the same laws applied here and every offence was a 30le fine then I would have made over 3000le in the 4 hours, and I would have taken over 30 vehicles off the road for Construction and Use Offences. Given 1week I may have solved Luxors traffic problem and paid for a new computer system for our traffic police, to give them a more slicker operation, than what is provided for them at this present time.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Luxor Pharoahs wrote:What's all this about 50s and 60s kids getting freedom from motorbikes BM ??????? :lol. They should also be charged for driving without due care and attention. If you are sexually harassing people then your mind is not on your riding and therefore "Due Care and Attention" Offence has been committed. I spent 4 hours riding around Luxor today shopping, and just thought that I would go back a few years and look around for traffic offences in Luxor, if the same laws applied here and every offence was a 30le fine then I would have made over 3000le in the 4 hours, and I would have taken over 30 vehicles off the road for Construction and Use Offences. Given 1week I may have solved Luxors traffic problem and paid for a new computer system for our traffic police, to give them a more slicker operation, than what is provided for them at this present time.
:stp I do hope that you were doing your 'police spotter' bit whilst walking. After all, it would be a crime if you were doing this whilst riding your motorbike around without due care and attention!

:gb:
-Aldous Huxley

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Bullet Magnet wrote:Did they get arrested while on the motorbikes, or did they commit sexual harassment while on motorcycles ?
and, if the latter then how ? what did they do ? :tk
Oh God, my brain hurts, and it's only 10:30.. :cool:

Motorbikes have always had a bad rep' Due to it liberating the 50's and 60's kids, and the jealous elder guardians of that era... :cg
am or pm?

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Dusak wrote:

"Shake that crazy arse"…… :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

I have heard of the bag snatchers, so ladies beware. Tip-Wear your strap overhead and not resting on the shoulder as it is easily pulled off you. The strap overhead prevents theft and is itself a deterrent. As for the sexual harassment, these boys must be bored without so many tourists around. Usually they are just happy to rip around the roads at speed. I have been on a few bikes and boy they know how to handle the machine so long as their mind is on the job.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
Dusak wrote:

Sexual harassment Dusak? :ks

Maybe they were just after your handbag.....barstewards :lol:
Who2 wrote:
Dusak wrote:

"Shake that crazy arse"…… :cool:
I am well aware that I have a great deal of pavement attraction to the hunters eye. :up It is something that I've come to accept. It is a well known fact that us oldies are an attraction to a certain section of the younger generation, something that I have no problem with, but do not desire to be invited to suck on an Egyptian banana :ks or test out the limits of stretch of an Egyptian mans galabeya. :stp I think that this unwanted attention is due to the fact that I don short socks to accompany my sandals while out. :urm:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Luxor Pharoahs

Post by Luxor Pharoahs »

What would you think Hepzibah? If you got stopped for speeding in the UK, would the Police Motorcyclist have got off his motorbike and ran after you on foot to book you? :lol:
Due to the intensive training of police vehicle drivers they can both ride safe and look for and prosecute offenders.

Sdo
Egypt

Post by Sdo »

Adamantium wrote:I have heard of the bag snatchers, so ladies beware. Tip-Wear your strap overhead and not resting on the shoulder as it is easily pulled off you. The strap overhead prevents theft and is itself a deterrent. As for the sexual harassment, these boys must be bored without so many tourists around. Usually they are just happy to rip around the roads at speed. I have been on a few bikes and boy they know how to handle the machine so long as their mind is on the job.
Wearing your bag strap over your head makes no difference. Just makes the conflict longer and more violent. And they still get it.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Luxor Pharoahs wrote:What would you think Hepzibah? If you got stopped for speeding in the UK, would the Police Motorcyclist have got off his motorbike and ran after you on foot to book you? :lol:
Due to the intensive training of police vehicle drivers they can both ride safe and look for and prosecute offenders.
I'm sure that the UK Police Motorcyclists are highly trained. However, you must take into account the advancing years, lack of retraining and testing, and just the regularity of the job. Nothing stays the same - especially given the passage of time and change of location. It must be some years now since you were officially 'on the job'!
-Aldous Huxley