New Governor of Luxor

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Brian Yare » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:04 pm

If you don't have the facts, why not wait until you have them rather than posting riddles?

After due consideration I have concluded that A-Four is an alternative form of A***. I do not understand why anyone would hide their identity on a forum, or why the moderator of a forum would allow them to do so.

I am now considering whether or not I wish to exchange messages with incognitos.

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:00 pm

Brian Yare wrote:If you don't have the facts, why not wait until you have them rather than posting riddles?

After due consideration I have concluded that A-Four is an alternative form of A***. I do not understand why anyone would hide their identity on a forum, or why the moderator of a forum would allow them to do so.

I am now considering whether or not I wish to exchange messages with incognitos.

If concealing one's identity on the forum isn't OK why do virtually all members adopt pseudonyms rather than post under their real names? You have been using the forum for years and must have noticed that this is the case. People may reveal their identity if they feel comfortable doing so but I can't see why they should have to if they don't want to. It is not necessary to know the author of a post in order to respond to it. It's probably better if people don't- then they judge the post as it stands rather than pre-judge it based on any loyalties or prejudices they may have towards the poster. Also, in these unsettled times people may feel that it is easier to speak openly if their identity is not overtly stated, lest the forum is being monitored.

Incidentally, I think most East Bank ex-pats know who A-Four is and where he stays when he visits. Quite a few West Bankers as well I would imagine. He's hardly a stranger in these parts! :)

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Brian its not rocket science. There is a small hotel, usually riddled with high ranking police officers, deemed security safe for a small gathering for the new guv. There isnt much of a riddle unless you are a little hard of thinking

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:21 am

Robbo70 wrote:Brian its not rocket science. There is a small hotel, usually riddled with high ranking police officers, deemed security safe for a small gathering for the new guv. There isnt much of a riddle unless you are a little hard of thinking
So why not name it? Some of us might wish to avoid it!

Last time there was a large security influx they occupied the old ETAP.

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Brian Yare wrote:
Robbo70 wrote:Brian its not rocket science. There is a small hotel, usually riddled with high ranking police officers, deemed security safe for a small gathering for the new guv. There isnt much of a riddle unless you are a little hard of thinking

Guess again Brian. If you don't recognise the hotel by the description you probably don't frequent it anyway so you won't need to avoid it!

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:44 pm

timetraveller wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:

Guess again Brian. If you don't recognise the hotel by the description you probably don't frequent it anyway so you won't need to avoid it!
I'm a little hard of thinking too!So I've been told often enough on this forum!
So maybe you are not so unique Brian!

Only hotel I've ever been told is a "police"hotel is the "Lotus."
I've never been in it,so don't know.But,I don't know ANYTHING anyway!So it makes no difference to me where and when he was attending.Why should it?I don't live there,ain't my concern!

Why are you so interested Brian?
What difference does it make to you where he went,when he went..and what he said?

Leave him alone,and let him get on with his job!

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:22 pm

Scottishtourist wrote:Only hotel I've ever been told is a "police"hotel is the "Lotus."
I've never been in it,so don't know.But,I don't know ANYTHING anyway!So it makes no difference to me where and when he was attending.Why should it?I don't live there,ain't my concern!

What difference does it make to you where he went,when he went..and what he said?

I am not in the least bit interested in where he went. I've no idea where the Lotus is but could look it up. But I am concerned about all the hints and riddles that some people are posting here. If it is a secret, don't post it. If it is not a secret, why hide it.

Or maybe all these pompous prats don't know where it was and are just farting?

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:15 am

Brian Yare wrote:
Scottishtourist wrote:Only hotel I've ever been told is a "police"hotel is the "Lotus."

I am not in the least bit interested in where he went. I've no idea where the Lotus is but could look it up. But I am concerned about all the hints and riddles that some people are posting here. If it is a secret, don't post it. If it is not a secret, why hide it.

Or maybe all these pompous prats don't know where it was and are just farting?
'Pompous prats'? Well that's just bloody rude. And totally unnecessary. IMO you were being a bit pompous when you said you were considering whether you were prepared to exchange messages with 'incognito's'. If not you won't be exchanging messages with about 95% of forum members. Suits me.

I know perfectly well what hotel it is, but I wouldn't disclose anybody's movements on a public forum any more than I would give out their home address or phone number. If A-Four wants to tell people which hotel he was at when he saw the new Governor that's up to him to do. But if he chooses not to that's his prerogative.

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:40 am

I am still failing to see why its a riddle that A4 spotted the Guvner in a small hotel, where he didn't wear a black tie and looked self made. I didn't realise, when any of us are in Luxor, our observations should be accompanied by a full location description, preferably with GPS co-ordinates. He went for an indian the other night. I might throw a hissy because he didn't tell me which one he went to :lol:

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:01 am

There is no riddle to it Robbo, as I said he stayed for only a short time, and he did not look too pleased, but there could be a hundred and one reasons why this was so. Yes I do know one or two of the old officials that were there, and during my time here I am sure I shall come across them again, and am sure they will give me an honest first impression of their new boss.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:08 am

I can give you the gps for the indian if that helps Robbo :eat

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:52 am

"Riddle me a Riddle"
Question: After looking for his long lost brother that he has never met before, Justin is able to learn his brother's home address and name. When he shows up at his house he finds a fireman, a police man, and an ambulance-man all watching television. He immediately hugs his brother.

How does he know which one is his brother?… :cool:

Answer: Police, Firemen, and Ambulance-men all wear name tags.
Another acceptable answer would be that two of them were women.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.