New Governor of Luxor

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1594 times
Been thanked: 1695 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by A-Four » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Who2 wrote:Governor of Luxor: Mohamed Sayed Badr
Mohamed Sayed, born in 1973, graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Political Science. He is Director of the Egyptian Cabinet’s Information and Decision Support Center (IDSC)—a think tank which “supports [Egyptian] decision makers with regard to economic, social and political issues. He is also the assistant to the Cabinet Secretary General. Badr said he would not speak to the press before being sworn in on Saturday. He will replace General Tarek Saad al-Din…'good luck & 'marbruck… :cool:
Ps: If you need any help pm me..
From the sounds of it, this chap has the qualities and qualifications to lead Luxor in the right direction, though I am certain he will have no time for an ex-pat comedy club, flags or no flags.

I am sure I will get the full sp on this guy when I arrive from my old mates, the last one was little more than a bookies runner.



User avatar
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7525
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:48 pm
Has thanked: 919 times
Been thanked: 2820 times
Gender:
Egypt

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Glyphdoctor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:08 pm

With the exception of that one who never even made it into his office through the throng of protesters outside, I think this is the first civilian governor we have had in a long time, if ever. I'm not going to presume to predict anything, but I suspect his non-military background might lead him to deal with the expats differently as you suggest.

User avatar
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 5874
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 pm
Location: LUXOR
Has thanked: 5895 times
Been thanked: 7328 times
Gender:
Thailand

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Dusak » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Glyphdoctor wrote:With the exception of that one who never even made it into his office through the throng of protesters outside, I think this is the first civilian governor we have had in a long time, if ever. I'm not going to presume to predict anything, but I suspect his non-military background might lead him to deal with the expats differently as you suggest.
And I suspect that it will get your jollies up reading about it if this be the case.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Remus
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:18 pm
Location: luxor
Has thanked: 344 times
Been thanked: 188 times
Egypt

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Remus » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Apparently since being sworn in he has already visited the West Bank
- which perhaps suggests a priority?

User avatar
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7102
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 557 times
Gender:
France

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by BBLUX » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:25 pm

I think we saw him touring round the West bank this morning ;)
Image

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11323
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3055 times
Been thanked: 4275 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by HEPZIBAH » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Remus wrote:Apparently since being sworn in he has already visited the West Bank
- which perhaps suggests a priority?
Allegedly he visited the railway station there and made comment about its state so that may be a priority too. Time will tell!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

User avatar
Luxor Pharoahs
Member
Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:26 am
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 149 times
Gender:
Egypt

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Luxor Pharoahs » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:08 am

Did I read somewhere it was a 2 month posting? leading up to the elections?

User avatar
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2540
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Worcester, UK
Has thanked: 1184 times
Been thanked: 1263 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Brian Yare » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:55 am

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Remus wrote:Apparently since being sworn in he has already visited the West Bank
- which perhaps suggests a priority?
Allegedly he visited the railway station there and made comment about its state so that may be a priority too. Time will tell!
Sugar cane?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 1990
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:57 pm
Location: Luxor
Has thanked: 1794 times
Been thanked: 1696 times
Egypt

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Bombay » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:39 pm

I definitely read it was a 2 year sentence somewhere.

Remus
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:18 pm
Location: luxor
Has thanked: 344 times
Been thanked: 188 times
Egypt

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Remus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Sugar cane? asks Mr Yare.
Methinks he's on the wrong track ....

User avatar
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 5874
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 pm
Location: LUXOR
Has thanked: 5895 times
Been thanked: 7328 times
Gender:
Thailand

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Dusak » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:13 pm

We in Karnak started to get a brand new tarmacadam road yesterday, looking quite posh. :up Bad news is, and no one can find out what it is yet, is that there is an enormous tent village going up next to my house. Its going to be big whatever it is as the steel supports are taller and of a greater diameter than street light poles supported on very large steel plates. I think that I will move out for a period if its music based. :td [this in near opposite to JJ's bar]
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11323
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3055 times
Been thanked: 4275 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by HEPZIBAH » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Brian Yare wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:
Remus wrote:Apparently since being sworn in he has already visited the West Bank
- which perhaps suggests a priority?
Allegedly he visited the railway station there and made comment about its state so that may be a priority too. Time will tell!
Sugar cane?
Apologies, my bad writing. Let me re-write it... 'Allegedly he visited the main Luxor railway station and made comment about its state so that may be a priority too. Time will tell![/quote]
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

User avatar
Luxor Pharoahs
Member
Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:26 am
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 149 times
Gender:
Egypt

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Luxor Pharoahs » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Lets hope he visits other places around the City, he may be in for a shock if he does not know Luxor. All I hope is that he is on the ball and looks after the people and the City itself, and is not backward and forward to Cairo at the drop of a hat. If he does look after the City and its people he will not go wrong. The other thing is the need for a good budget to do the things the City needs.

Oh! and the West Bank too :lol:

User avatar
Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 6650
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: Snitzel
Has thanked: 1466 times
Been thanked: 5285 times
Gender:
Vietnam

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Who2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Yeh! well Dusak we also got a new 'ash felt road not much of one I admit, but just wait for the 45oC meltdown this summer great fun getting one's ship-ship stuck to the street.. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

User avatar
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2540
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Worcester, UK
Has thanked: 1184 times
Been thanked: 1263 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Brian Yare » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:55 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Brian Yare wrote: Sugar cane?
Apologies, my bad writing. Let me re-write it... 'Allegedly he visited the main Luxor railway station and made comment about its state so that may be a priority too. Time will tell!
The only railway stations (loosely interpreted) on the WB at Luxor are on the sugar cane lines. Otherwise one goes north to e.g. Nag el-Hamadi or west to Kharga.

Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

User avatar
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2540
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Worcester, UK
Has thanked: 1184 times
Been thanked: 1263 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Brian Yare » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:57 pm

Of course there is always the station on the proposed high speed Alexandria to Aswan line that will be on the West Bank. To be open in 3-5 years if one listens to some optimists!

If it happens at all, 15-25 years is more likely IMHO.

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11323
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3055 times
Been thanked: 4275 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by HEPZIBAH » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Dusak wrote:We in Karnak started to get a brand new tarmacadam road yesterday, looking quite posh. :up Bad news is, and no one can find out what it is yet, is that there is an enormous tent village going up next to my house. Its going to be big whatever it is as the steel supports are taller and of a greater diameter than street light poles supported on very large steel plates. I think that I will move out for a period if its music based. :td [this in near opposite to JJ's bar]
Could it be a circus?
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

User avatar
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 5874
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 pm
Location: LUXOR
Has thanked: 5895 times
Been thanked: 7328 times
Gender:
Thailand

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Dusak » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:27 am

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Dusak wrote:We in Karnak started to get a brand new tarmacadam road yesterday, looking quite posh. :up Bad news is, and no one can find out what it is yet, is that there is an enormous tent village going up next to my house. Its going to be big whatever it is as the steel supports are taller and of a greater diameter than street light poles supported on very large steel plates. I think that I will move out for a period if its music based. :td [this in near opposite to JJ's bar]
Could it be a circus?
Funny you should say that as it was mentioned last night. I hope not as I like to see these creatures in their natural habitat, not forced preformed around a dust bowl. :stp
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

User avatar
Luxor Pharoahs
Member
Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:26 am
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 149 times
Gender:
Egypt

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Luxor Pharoahs » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:24 am

Is the high speed train connection a bigger project than the Horus Bridge? Or the West Bank cornishe project?

User avatar
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Posts: 7525
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:48 pm
Has thanked: 919 times
Been thanked: 2820 times
Gender:
Egypt

Re: New Governor of Luxor

Post by Glyphdoctor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:35 am

Are you serious? Of course it is.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Governor of Luxor 2nd general meeting with ex-pats in Luxor
    by DJKeefy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:38 pm » in Living in Luxor
    76 Replies
    974 Views
    Last post by Major Thom
    Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:29 am
  • Luxor has another new governor
    by HEPZIBAH » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:02 pm » in Living in Luxor
    0 Replies
    31 Views
    Last post by HEPZIBAH
    Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:02 pm
  • New governor for Luxor governorate
    by Bombay » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm » in Know Egypt
    94 Replies
    5601 Views
    Last post by Zooropa
    Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:21 am
  • New EX-PAT Governor/representative for Luxor?
    by Georgiaturkiye » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:34 am » in Living in Luxor
    3 Replies
    141 Views
    Last post by Billy_whiz
    Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:59 pm
  • AN OPEN INVITATION FROM THE GOVERNOR TO ALL IN LUXOR
    by Barb » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:57 pm » in Living in Luxor
    48 Replies
    662 Views
    Last post by Who2
    Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am