Missing forum member

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

chiddy

Re: Missing forum member

Post by chiddy »

timetraveller wrote:I must admit to being a bit confused here. Is an IP address the same as a computer ID? I thought it was, but maybe it isn't. Only I remember and have re-viewed the posts by 'Soon' and Keefy posting that it was difficult to tell who this poster was because the IP address was partially protected and it was only possible to tell that the posts were made somewhere in the EU. So, presumably IP addresses can be tracked from this site. Some clarification would be appreciated please :ni:
the IP address will almost certainly change each time you log on

in your browser go to "getmyip.com" and you will see which one you have
format will be something like

There is no such thing as strangers just friends yet to meet.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote:My computer has been used to post by a friend under her "internet name" without any problems when she was visiting my home.
CE took himself off in a fit of pique, if now he has changed his mind and wishes to continue posting then he should be able to do so.
Now that the electrical problems have hopefully been resolved and the cooler weather is on the way, I would love to know if the Pharoh's Motor Cycle club is finally up and running.
As he has had both his user names deleted, he no longer exists, so he could re-join if he wanted too, unless of course he has another in reserve. I have no problem with him making a fourth comeback as long as he does not pretend to be somebody else that just happens to be an old friend of his daughters ex next door neighbour that used to know an electrical contractor that knew him when he was re-wiring London. :?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

carrie wrote:My computer has been used to post by a friend under her "internet name" without any problems when she was visiting my home.
CE took himself off in a fit of pique, if now he has changed his mind and wishes to continue posting then he should be able to do so.
Now that the electrical problems have hopefully been resolved and the cooler weather is on the way, I would love to know if the Pharoh's Motor Cycle club is finally up and running.
Ah! This was a post I was thinking about this morning. I was looking at the Luxor4U Facebook page when I read about the latest horrific coach crash. One member of that group made a comment about road safety and how someone was trying to do something to raise road safety for motorcyclists. I responded with the following:
'Interesting you mention the motorbike and road safety group as someone was asking about that only recently. I remember hearing a lot about the formation of this group but then it all went quiet supposedly because of Ramadan. I and others don't recall seeing or hearing anything since then so wonder if the organisers just gave up or it was another puff of ex-pat hot air.'

The woman did respond saying that the Luxor Pharaoh's had a Facebook page which was up and running so I checked it out and it would seem that meetings have indeed taken place and the FB page is up to date - and when read fully makes for some interesting reading! There was a link to the clubs webpage too but I can only assume that is a work in progress. Curiously, the woman removed her post soon after she had posted it, I can't think why because surely the more people that know about the clubs Facebook page and activities the more word is likely to spread about the good work being done and the meeting dates and venues.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Ah! This was a post I was thinking about this morning. I was looking at the Luxor4U Facebook page when I read about the latest horrific coach crash. One member of that group made a comment about road safety and how someone was trying to do something to raise road safety for motorcyclists. I responded with the following:
'Interesting you mention the motorbike and road safety group as someone was asking about that only recently. I remember hearing a lot about the formation of this group but then it all went quiet supposedly because of Ramadan. I and others don't recall seeing or hearing anything since then so wonder if the organisers just gave up or it was another puff of ex-pat hot air.'

The woman did respond saying that the Luxor Pharaoh's had a Facebook page which was up and running so I checked it out and it would seem that meetings have indeed taken place and the FB page is up to date - and when read fully makes for some interesting reading! There was a link to the clubs webpage too but I can only assume that is a work in progress. Curiously, the woman removed her post soon after she had posted it, I can't think why because surely the more people that know about the clubs Facebook page and activities the more word is likely to spread about the good work being done and the meeting dates and venues.
Aaaah...methinks you are referring to Lyn-Nicole Brown a.k.a. CE. You can change your name...and your face...and your sex (!).....but not your literary style :lol:

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:

Aaaah...methinks you are referring to Lyn-Nicole Brown a.k.a. CE. You can change your name...and your face...and your sex (!).....but not your literary style :lol:
:st
-Aldous Huxley

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote:Lyn-Nicole Brown a.k.a. CE.
I thought she was a contact for us lot, no wonder nobody had set eyes on her…. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Justen (sorry Lyn) now becomes Dr. Shelly Cooper on this site :lol: http://www.meetashrink.com/welcome/#

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Come on Justen (pick your dummy up) we are all missing you 8) I will reactivate your account if you want :?: Like this post if you want CE to return :)

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

DJKeefy wrote:Justen (sorry Lyn) now becomes Dr. Shelly Cooper on this site :lol: http://www.meetashrink.com/welcome/#

She sure can multi task!
-Aldous Huxley

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I was thinking about the same thing this afternoon. I came to the conclusion my dream about CE in drag had become an inspiration to him to pose as his sister-in-law. I was disappointed to see him leave these forums, but this pretending now is just downright lame and cowardly. I wish he would just man up and be himself instead of putting on this silly charade.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I can confirm that Luxor Pharaohs is up and running and held it's first meeting. :cool:

Good on yer Choccy :up
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

But he his still insistent on lying or winding people up or portending to be someone else, like Glyph says...
It's downright lame and cowardly. I wish he would just man up and be himself instead of putting on this silly charade.
He posted on his facebook page that I sneered at the motorbike Club, he also asked if anyone posted on Luxor4u to post about the recent meeting, it would get on my nerves, he said.

I posted on there saying:

Justen please do not go around Luxor and writing lies about me, I have never and I repeat never ever sneered at your motorbike club (why the **** would I) I have rode bikes all my life and welcome anybody trying to promote safety while riding a bike (especially here in Luxor).

You asked to have your account deactivated, so I did has you requested, I will be more than happy to reactivate your account if you want?

I really don't know why you think you would get on my nerves by posting about your events at the meeting, the forum is for information like that, I have done nothing but help you in the past so i have no idea what you have against me now for you to bad talk me and the forum, you seem to think it's ok to join the forum under many user-names and wind people up (which you admit), but when it kicks you back in the face, you dont like it. So get back on the forum (if you like) stop winding people up and I am sure things will be ok. Keefy

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

A friend of mine received an email from one Justen Karlson Chairman/Founder of the Luxor Pharohs M.C.C. inviting him to join, I think he politely declined. I did hear though that the first meeting has been held, I hope it was well attended.
As for anything else all these false names etc well it's just too silly for words.
As for "liking" his post or not how childish, if he wants to return he should but why should every one have to say come back Justen, Sally,Lyn who ever we will play with you again.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

DJKeefy wrote:But he his still insistent on lying or winding people up or portending to be someone else, like Glyph says...
It's downright lame and cowardly. I wish he would just man up and be himself instead of putting on this silly charade.
He posted on his facebook page that I sneered at the motorbike Club, he also asked if anyone posted on Luxor4u to post about the recent meeting, it would get on my nerves, so he said.

I posted on there saying:

Justen please do not go around Luxor and writing lies about me, I have never and I repeat never ever sneered at your motorbike club (why the **** would I) I have rode bikes all my life and welcome anybody trying to promote safety while riding a bike (especially here in Luxor).

You asked to have your account deactivated, so I did has you requested, I will be more than happy to reactivate your account if you want?

I really don't know why you think you would get on my nerves by posting about your events at the meeting, the forum is for information like that, I have done nothing but help you in the past so i have no idea what you have against me now for you to bad talk me and the forum, you seem to think it's ok to join the forum under many user-names and wind people up (which you admit), but when it kicks you back in the face, you dont like it. So get back on the forum (if you like) stop winding people up and I am sure things will be ok. Keefy
Good grief.....old CE wound people up ? Surely you give too much credit to his utterances. He's probably reading all this (under another pseudonym) and basking in the attention.

Haven't checked the 'likes' yet....you won't find mine there.

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

newcastle wrote:Good grief.....old CE wound people up ? Surely you give too much credit to his utterances. He's probably reading all this (under another pseudonym) and basking in the attention.

Haven't checked the 'likes' yet....you won't find mine there.
CE is in good company with the wind-up merchants here. A4 is also a master (or mistress) of disguise. There may well be many others!

I might out myself one day!
:vs

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

I seem to miss the similarities between posters names, literary styles etc. Who is A4 posting as apart from himself? Having seen him with his ipsd last week, im not so sure he is technically up to logging in as multiple users :lol:
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

I asked CE to come back, but I did tell him to stop the winding up or using multiple accounts, I have re-activated CE account, so we will see, maybe he will, maybe he wont :)

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

DJKeefy wrote:I asked CE to come back, but I did tell him to stop the winding up or using multiple accounts, I have re-activated CE account, so we will see, maybe he will, maybe he wont :)
:urm: Is it normal policy to ask people, who have regularly announced they are leaving and then finally actually go, to come back? Perhaps this is a new policy? Or are there exceptions for some people and not for others?

The forum has seen many regular and irregular, popular and not so popular, posters disappear over the years. Have they all been asked been to come back too?

Before anyone jumps in and misinterprets the intentions of my above questions - Although it is ChocolateEclaire that is being referred to in the thread and this particular instance of being invited back, my questions are general. Whether CE returns or not is not a problem to me personally. I just have never liked it when people have disappeared from the forum, for whatever reason but I don't recall reading about them being invited back.
-Aldous Huxley

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
DJKeefy wrote:I asked CE to come back, but I did tell him to stop the winding up or using multiple accounts, I have re-activated CE account, so we will see, maybe he will, maybe he wont :)
:urm: Is it normal policy to ask people, who have regularly announced they are leaving and then finally actually go, to come back? Perhaps this is a new policy? Or are there exceptions for some people and not for others?

The forum has seen many regular and irregular, popular and not so popular, posters disappear over the years. Have they all been asked been to come back too?

Before anyone jumps in and misinterprets the intentions of my above questions - Although it is ChocolateEclaire that is being referred to in the thread and this particular instance of being invited back, my questions are general. Whether CE returns or not is not a problem to me personally. I just have never liked it when people have disappeared from the forum, for whatever reason but I don't recall reading about them being invited back.
:lol: Hepzi, it is not like you are thinking, or I have worded it wrong, CE said he had some concerns, I put him straight with them and told him that If he wants to come back he can, so I activated his account incase he does.

BTW: the difference between CE and other members is that he has been in contact with me over different matters, others that have left have not been in contact except Barbara (from the sisters) had her account de-activated and the re-activated (now de-activated) so it's has happened before.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Thank you Keith, and thank you for putting me right on different concerns I had. I have returned to the forum, and will be posting about Luxor Pharoahs which some members have confirmed is now up and running. We meet once a month, the aim of the Pharoahs is to educate and show results of unsafe riding, we are also advising on correct procedure when riding in the hope we can cut accidents that cause injury and deaths. Our first meeting attracted 25 people, including a freelance reporter who is writing our story for the Upper Egypt Media. The main reason for the delay in starting is the fact we have asked different authorities/agencies/clubs for help, without success, this may be due to the language barrier though. It is our hope that when we have a shortened seminar sorted to approach the Governate of Luxor and show the shortened version so we can get support from them. The Governate has been told of the Pharoahs and what its aims and ambitions are, and they were informed when we had our first meeting, so they are aware that the Luxor Pharoahs are now up and running. We are now actively involved in getting our seminar together for the next meeting and I will post on here the date and time.
We do have a Facebook Site, "Luxor Pharoahs" for those who wish to view our posting, I must apologise for some of the pictures they are a bit gruesome but are real.
Also at the moment we are discussing starting active training for local riders, to ensure they know about their motorbikes, to be able to demonstrate they can properly control a motorbike in all circumstances, and how to use the road properly.
Our last meeting threw up many things that we need to concentrate on, especially because we did not realise there were more than 4 things that will slow a motorbike down, the fifth one being dragging your sheb shebs along the road. Acive traininghowever would come at a cost, but the cost would be that of which would fit into the Luxor Economy. Following training each rider would be issued a certificate of competence.
All forum members like previously stated are welcome to view our Facebook Site and view our aims, we would also like your support by "Liking" our page. We also would appreciate if supporters can report adverse happenings going on on the roads so it can be brought to the attention of Pharoah members, remember forewarned is an advantage to every rider. We would ask that all comments to be associated with the aims of the Luxor Pharoahs only, any other posts will be deleted.
Our Seminars are completely free of charge to those attending.
Just one more thing, I will be discarding Chocolate Eclair in the not too distant future and changing the log in to Luxor Pharoahs.
I am sorry for those who have been waiting for this post after seeing me logged in, I have been writing it during the power cuts we are still experiencing on the Luxor West Bank.