Missing forum member

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Lewroll

Missing forum member

Post by Lewroll »

Does anyone know what has happened to Chocolate Eclair? He used to post frequently but hasn't for some time. Other members too seem to be missing, have they left Luxor?

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Missing forum member

Post by Brian Yare »

Lewroll wrote:Does anyone know what has happened to Chocolate Eclair? He used to post frequently but hasn't for some time. Other members too seem to be missing, have they left Luxor?
Chocky left the forum in a huff some time back. With the improved weather in Luxor this week maybe some are just enjoying themselves rather than coming online?

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Last time personally observed CE and Mrs CE were mounting a large motorcycle and riding off in dust and into the setting sun. 'sans crash helmets, along the Nile, a bumpy road at best!…. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Where is Zooropa?

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

An observation...

It is often forum members who rarely post but regularly observe that notice 'missing' members. However, often those 'missing' members are often not actually missing but are still regularly observing if not actually posting.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

carrie wrote:Where is Zooropa?
(s)he is a lasso. Good for rounding up the herd!

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa »

carrie wrote:Where is Zooropa?
In cold, miserable England.

Unfortunately.

Robert Send

Post by Robert Send »

I can answer the question for you, I am staying in Luxor and have been for a couple of months with my aged in laws and. have borrowed a computer from Mr Chocolate Eclair who is a family member.My father in law who has mobility problems tried to join the forum but seemed to have been refused and did not receive a e-mail to confirm his joining. His interest was in finding places for those with mobility problems, it seems because we are using one of Chocolate Eclairs computers we are blocked from anything.
Mr Chocolate Eclair left the forum because he did not think the site was safe, he believes that everyone is tracked by the number of their computers and I too believe this to be true, he also believes that PM's are not safe and has showed me proof of so. I therefore hide my online status to try and prevent tracking but this too is not has it should be for the following day it is on site that I have been viewing.
One poster on here states that Chocolate Eclair is still viewing posts, well that is not true, its myself viewing has I do most days to see if anything interesting is going on. but it seems the said poster is insistent that the viewer is Chocolate Eclair. That being the case, it seems my B in L is correct, the site is tracking posters by their computer numbers. I appreciate that a site like this has to be aware of internet trolls, but both me and my in laws use the same computer that we have borrowed during our stay, and it makes us uncomfortable. When back home in Holland I never look at the site because other than holidays for R and R, the happenings in Luxor do not really interest me. What does interest me is the fact that the site seems to be monitored and computer numbers are collected and stored for interest of the site owners and moderators.
Finally according to my B in L he actually asked for his account to be closed and all pictures and video's taken off the site.
I hope this sets the record straight for everyone, and stops the people wanting to make mischief realize that's exactly all they are doing.
I must admit that I did not expect to be able to post this. because of the computer I am using.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Robert Send, did you go to the same school as Chocolate Eclair? I ask because you both seem to have picked up the same unfortunate habit of using the word 'has' when it should be 'as'! :D

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

R send? Mmmmm! :ni:

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Ruby, I think you will that ( Robert Send, R. Send, ARSE END ) is infact... ;)

phpBB [video]

:cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Lewroll

Post by Lewroll »

Robert Send wrote:I can answer the question for you, I am staying in Luxor and have been for a couple of months with my aged in laws and. have borrowed a computer from Mr Chocolate Eclair who is a family member.My father in law who has mobility problems tried to join the forum but seemed to have been refused and did not receive a e-mail to confirm his joining. His interest was in finding places for those with mobility problems, it seems because we are using one of Chocolate Eclairs computers we are blocked from anything.
Mr Chocolate Eclair left the forum because he did not think the site was safe, he believes that everyone is tracked by the number of their computers and I too believe this to be true, he also believes that PM's are not safe and has showed me proof of so. I therefore hide my online status to try and prevent tracking but this too is not has it should be for the following day it is on site that I have been viewing.
One poster on here states that Chocolate Eclair is still viewing posts, well that is not true, its myself viewing has I do most days to see if anything interesting is going on. but it seems the said poster is insistent that the viewer is Chocolate Eclair. That being the case, it seems my B in L is correct, the site is tracking posters by their computer numbers. I appreciate that a site like this has to be aware of internet trolls, but both me and my in laws use the same computer that we have borrowed during our stay, and it makes us uncomfortable. When back home in Holland I never look at the site because other than holidays for R and R, the happenings in Luxor do not really interest me. What does interest me is the fact that the site seems to be monitored and computer numbers are collected and stored for interest of the site owners and moderators.
Finally according to my B in L he actually asked for his account to be closed and all pictures and video's taken off the site.
I hope this sets the record straight for everyone, and stops the people wanting to make mischief realize that's exactly all they are doing.
I must admit that I did not expect to be able to post this. because of the computer I am using.
Thanks for the explanation, Robert. Tell Chocolate that I at least miss his postings.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Of course, it could just be that R. Send and Lewroll are anally retentive? :D

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

You generally need a Lewroll to keep your RSend clean after depositing a chocolate éclair.. :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Lewroll

Post by Lewroll »

Ruby Slippers wrote:Of course, it could just be that R. Send and Lewroll are anally retentive? :D
R.Send may be anally retentive but Lewroll ain't, believe me!

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Robert Send wrote:I can answer the question for you, I am staying in Luxor and have been for a couple of months with my aged in laws and. have borrowed a computer from Mr Chocolate Eclair who is a family member.My father in law who has mobility problems tried to join the forum but seemed to have been refused and did not receive a e-mail to confirm his joining. His interest was in finding places for those with mobility problems, it seems because we are using one of Chocolate Eclairs computers we are blocked from anything.
What a load of ******** Justen (yes Justen) please don't play these stupid games and start lying and making stories about luxor4u and me (especially in the coffee shops you visit) else (this is not a threat, I promise) it will be another one of you downfalls you can add to the many others you have had in Luxor. (Don't push me).

FACTS:

There is no tracking software on Luxor4u like on facebook, twitter and other large commercial sites.

Again... like any other sites you visit that have a message system, the owner or anyone who is in charge of the database can read any of the data that is stored in the database, the only difference from us to many other sites is that we actually tell you this is possible in a post in the Announcements section. The database is only accessible by me (not moderators or anyone else)

Any hidden user can be seen by admin and moderators (always have, always will be able to).

No information of what browser you are using, your computer ID (whatever Justen is banging on about) is stored by us, the only information that is stored by us is the information you gave when joining the site, your, username, password, email which as to be stored so you can login the site and receive notifications, some other basic info like your birthday etc is in the registration but not required.

The emails sent where sent by Justen, once again another of his pathetic attempts to try and wind someone up (me in this case) he even made the mistake in one of them of sending the email from his account instead of the fake account he had sent the previous ones he KNOWS his mistake and now tries to cover it by saying they are using the same PC. :lol:

His account was de-activated like he asked, but like the rules state, posts made will not be deleted, deleting posts will mess up so many topics, people would not be able to follow a thread properly is many posts were missing.

I will now delete Robert Send cause the rules state you can only have one account Justen.

Throw your dummy out and stamp your feet as much as you like Justen... we all know it's you and your constant crave to wind people up, So once again I will tell you straight "**** ***" or start to show some respect to others around, maybe they will start to show you some back in return.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I can't even think of anything funny to write. Has you all know, this is unusual. :(
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Dusak wrote:I can't even think of anything funny to write. Has you all know, this is unusual. :(

:lol: :up

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

My computer has been used to post by a friend under her "internet name" without any problems when she was visiting my home.
CE took himself off in a fit of pique, if now he has changed his mind and wishes to continue posting then he should be able to do so.
Now that the electrical problems have hopefully been resolved and the cooler weather is on the way, I would love to know if the Pharoh's Motor Cycle club is finally up and running.

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

I must admit to being a bit confused here. Is an IP address the same as a computer ID? I thought it was, but maybe it isn't. Only I remember and have re-viewed the posts by 'Soon' and Keefy posting that it was difficult to tell who this poster was because the IP address was partially protected and it was only possible to tell that the posts were made somewhere in the EU. So, presumably IP addresses can be tracked from this site. Some clarification would be appreciated please :ni: