KZ MEAT

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

KZ MEAT

Post by Dusak » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:31 am

I was told last night that on Tuesday this week that the authorities had confiscated all of KZ's beef stocks as being unfit for human consumption. Anyone else hear of this? It is a bit of a worry as I have six thick steaks in the freezer from there from two weeks ago. Having just recently got rid of a mad cow, I don't fancy becoming one myself. :?

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: KZ MEAT

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 am

Thats ok then, I only buy it for my dog... I get my meat elsewhere. Too many times I have gone to the freezers and the products have been partly defrosted. Its another case of shopping around.

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:12 am

Omar did mention that was on his Arabic news feed, but said it was all the meat from their Cairo branches being reported. I would think they all come from the same place but it didn't specifically mention Luxor. Just cook them D, and then ask yourself.... do I feel lucky? :D
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:31 am

Does the meat we often see on the pavement when unloading come from Cairo. They do serve a lot of Brazilian meat, and that is not from Egypt.

You need to be a little careful about making accusations just in case they are not true. Last year I was asked while shopping if I knew a person who goes by the name of --------------- There are some people that work there that either view the forum, or have friends that are willing to pass on information. Even though I knew the person I denied all knowledge, which I normally do anyway.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Chocolate Eclair wrote:Does the meat we often see on the pavement when unloading come from Cairo. They do serve a lot of Brazilian meat, and that is not from Egypt.
Chocolate Eclair wrote:Thats ok then, I only buy it for my dog... I get my meat elsewhere. Too many times I have gone to the freezers and the products have been partly defrosted. Its another case of shopping around.
You need to be a little careful about making accusations just in case they are not true. Last year I was asked while shopping if I knew a person who goes by the name of --------------- There are some people that work there that either view the forum, or have friends that are willing to pass on information. Even though I knew the person I denied all knowledge, which I normally do anyway.

:tk So I would suggest that stating on here that their meat is only fit to feed your dog could well be misconstrued. :st :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 am

KZ, know that the meat we buy is for our Kelb, we make no secret of that, because they joke he must be the best fed dog in Luxor?

Mainly Chicken Livers, Mince and Lamb. But our dog is a part of our family, and therefore gets treated has such...

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:15 pm

This morning I bought chicken legs whilst in KZ and also said hello the the Moudera from Fayrouz Hotel who had a shopping cart totally full of cat food, I said "I thought all your cats ate pretty well from her diners, "No tourists was her response.
I noticed that meat on the West Bank is 60 per kilo whilst on the East bank it's 50le.
"A word to the wise: Do not trust a single word .................Mr Ellipsis says..:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Who2 wrote:This morning I bought chicken legs whilst in KZ and also said hello the the Moudera from Fayrouz Hotel who had a shopping cart totally full of cat food, I said "I thought all your cats ate pretty well from her diners, "No tourists was her response.
I noticed that meat on the West Bank is 60 per kilo whilst on the East bank it's 50le.
"A word to the wise: Do not trust a single word .................Mr Ellipsis says..:cool:
That's what it is on the streets, flies free. The so called 'best' cuts are 78Le per kilo. [on the bright side]

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Chocolate Eclair wrote:KZ, know that the meat we buy is for our Kelb, we make no secret of that, because they joke he must be the best fed dog in Luxor?

Mainly Chicken Livers, Mince and Lamb. But our dog is a part of our family, and therefore gets treated has such...
So you feed a member of your family "off" meat?

Glad im not a member of your family!

Anyway, its not the fact that they know you feed your dog their meat.

Its the fact that you wouldn't eat it yourself that I think Dusak was getting at!

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 am

There is nothing wrong with the meat in KZ or Ragab its nice to see a price on things.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:22 am

Bombay wrote:There is nothing wrong with the meat in KZ or Ragab its nice to see a price on things.
Not to sure about that. Once again I chanced a kilo of so called 'best ' lamb chops at 72Le a kilo from Ragabs, They were so tough after cooking I now have a very nice display of organic coat hooks fastened to my wall. :D No indication just because the price sticker is a fresh one, its what its fastened to that matters.There must of been something wrong with the meat in KZ at the time of removal as they confiscated it. I will still get my meat there as hopefully the problem has been corrected. Remember the good old days when Omar's meat was regularly removed from sale? Still went back there for the stuff later when the flies had cleared.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:26 am

Bombay wrote:There is nothing wrong with the meat in KZ or Ragab its nice to see a price on things.
Not to sure about that. Once again I chanced a kilo of so called 'best ' lamb chops at 72Le a kilo from Ragabs, They were so tough after cooking I now have a very nice display of organic coat hooks fastened to my wall. :D There must of been something wrong with the meat in KZ at the time of removal as they confiscated it. I will still get my meat there as hopefully the problem has been corrected. Remember the good old days when Omar's meat was regularly removed from sale? Still went back there for the stuff later when the flies had cleared.